Matt Barkley

CPHawk

Reaction score
Looks terrible, I'm glad we got Russell last year. People would be pissed with Barkley in a seahawks uni.

HawkWow

Reaction score
There was never a chance Barkley would be drafted by the Hawks.

A better device to measure Wilson by would be Matt Flynn, who looked very good tonite. Bonehead play by Pryor (go figure) made Flynn look that much better.

I am plenty happy with Mr. Wilson (!) but it will be interesting watching both Flynn and Wilson going forward.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":5d2px8wb said:
Impossible. English said he would be the number one pick.

It's good to know that my name gets mentioned like this when a guy looks bad in his first pre-season game. I feel like I've made it.

Subzero717

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":3atscy3p said:
CALIHAWK1":3atscy3p said:
Impossible. English said he would be the number one pick.

It's good to know that my name gets mentioned like this when a guy looks bad in his first pre-season game. I feel like I've made it.

Actually you and I have gone roumd and round on him since his junior year. Looking bad (in garbage time) and being behind Foles (who you trashed) on the depth chart are two different things.

pehawk

Reaction score
At least theEnglish's evaluations are remembered. That's not a shot, its a good thing.

I didn't see the game, but it won't surprise me if he struggles initially. I think he'd be fine with a more established pro coach. At least intially thatll hurt him. Eventually he'll surpass his athletic ability, ala a Penninington, Krieg, Kitna, Fiedler, etc.

That was an odd team for him.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":2fwkpn58 said:
Actually you and I have gone roumd and round on him since his junior year. Looking bad (in garbage time) and being behind Foles (who you trashed) on the depth chart are two different things.

I don't remember going round and round with anyone on Barkley. I remember liking him a ton, and still do. If he fails in the NFL then I'll lose zero sleep.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
So a guy who has ran a drop back pro style for the last 8 years is struggling in a WAC attack read option? Say it isn't so!

kearly

Reaction score
I almost suspect that Kelly traded (peanuts) for Barkley just to keep the fanbase / media pressure off his back until he can draft Marcus Mariota in 2014 or 2015.

OP
OP
C

CPHawk

Reaction score
pehawk":12b9fzer said:
At least theEnglish's evaluations are remembered. That's not a shot, its a good thing.

I didn't see the game, but it won't surprise me if he struggles initially. I think he'd be fine with a more established pro coach. At least intially thatll hurt him. Eventually he'll surpass his athletic ability, ala a Penninington, Krieg, Kitna, Fiedler, etc.

Yeah, but Vick and Foles looked really good in the game. Philly is going to put up points, to bad their d is going to give up a bunch also.

pehawk

Reaction score
CPHawk":23ak9ji9 said:
pehawk":23ak9ji9 said:

Yeah, but Vick and Foles looked really good in the game. Philly is going to put up points, to bad their d is going to give up a bunch also.

Look at it this way; how would Kitna do in Chip's system? Pennington? Matt Flynn?

I disagree with kearly. While there's been regime changes in Philly, I'm sure the thought of "investing" in QB's, like short term bonds, is the motive. It's what Andy and friends did; convert 2-5th round QB's into 1st, 2nd's, CB's, anything.

kearly

Reaction score
pehawk":1chadqcv said:
Look at it this way; how would Kitna do in Chip's system? Pennington? Matt Flynn?

I disagree with kearly. While there's been regime changes in Philly, I'm sure the thought of "investing" in QB's, like short term bonds, is the motive. It's what Andy and friends did; convert 2-5th round QB's into 1st, 2nd's, CB's, anything.

FWIW, I was mostly joking.

cockeyhawk

Reaction score
All we know from these first preseason games is tjack is the ultimate back up and barkley should jump off a cliff. These games have no game planning at all, with a bunch of random players mashed together. According to the average .net poster rational Whitehurst should be a HOF QB.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
cockeyhawk":1zcfqzc1 said:
All we know from these first preseason games is tjack is the ultimate back up and barkley should jump off a cliff. These games have no game planning at all, with a bunch of random players mashed together. According to the average .net poster rational Whitehurst should be a HOF QB.

With his 0 TD's and 2 INT's right? According to Niner's fans, Kaep is the greatest QB ever for leading a "perfect drive" against an elite defense on its first drive. And the only thing that matters is the 1st team.