RGIII

calhawkfan

Reaction score
I cannot believe this guy beat Wilson or Luck out for ROY! He is pathetic, and I can't stand when they use injuries as an excuse to explain a teams ineptitude, and not the fact that they actually suck (Kaepernick).

Killa Kam

Reaction score
Im not high on his future and he's looked terrible this year as the read option has been sort of been figured out but he did deserve ROY imo

RedAlice

Reaction score
I really liked him last year. I think the injury and Shanahan's methods are pulling him down. If he had gone to a different team, a different coach - totally different player.

It's the Rams' fault. He would have been better at Cleveland.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
He made quite a few truly poor decisions tonight. I think between the ears is a larger problem than the knee. A couple of the sacks he took literally made me cringe; he had all the time in the world to throw it away, and he didn't.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Skins fans made a video last year that I think I watched on this site. they were asking you if you did the same thing for RW.

It was a video of all the hits on RG3 in quick succession. All the hits while he was running the pocket against the plan. It was brutal.

I still think Shanahan is a reason RG3 is struggling.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Both Shanahans are definitely a part of it, I agree. I think RG3's having real mental trouble adjusting to being a real pocket passer, though. I pointed out to some Redskins fans (before I got banned.....) on their forum that half of RG3's passing yards came from shovels and screens to Alfred Morris and the receivers, and that I wasn't convinced RG3's a good pocket passer yet. I still have yet to see it, but I'm not going to pretend that I'm either an expert or someone who has closely studied all of his tape.

I remember the video you're referring to. Someone posted Wilson highlights in that thread by comparison, and the difference in running styles was striking, to say the least. RG3 would rather dive and take a huge hit to gain another yard than save his body last year. Kind of ironic that he ended up tearing his ACL while planting to throw without being touched on his craptastic stadium.

RedAlice

Reaction score
RG3 is a bold, do anything to win kinda boy. end. Shanaxxx is an ass who cannot for his life understand the head of his QB.

Sadly, I do not see this ending well in Washington.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
After watching RGIII yesterday, I'm wondering if the Tebow watch should be started on this guy. In other words, how many years until he is out of the league because of a combination of factors: His ego, the physical beating and his inability to adapt.
Does anyone remember a Rookie Of The Year, who regressed so bad so fast? I have to admit, his case is unique because of his injury.

youngchew

Reaction score
Mike Tirico said last night that Washington has the smallest offensive line in the NFL. That's because the Skins need athletic, quick lineman to run the zone running game, and it works.

However, in pass protection, those small o-lineman get bullied by big defensive tackles. They said on NFL Network last night that RG3 had been hit IN THE POCKET (not running around) more than any other QB in the NFL this year. His line stinks, and outside of Pierre Garcon, Griffin has no talent to throw to.

The Radish

Reaction score
youngchew":qioialax said:
Mike Tirico said last night that Washington has the smallest offensive line in the NFL. That's because the Skins need athletic, quick lineman to run the zone running game, and it works.

However, in pass protection, those small o-lineman get bullied by big defensive tackles. They said on NFL Network last night that RG3 had been hit IN THE POCKET (not running around) more than any other QB in the NFL this year. His line stinks, and outside of Pierre Garcon, Griffin has no talent to throw to.

This system was used by Rat Boy Shananhan in Denver and was abandonded because of the size and speed of the newer players. All it does is get his QB killed like it used to get his running back killed.

He simply plugs players into situations that doesn't allow them to succeed and then blames them for it. Sadly it looks like he's going to ruin another player that could have been a bright star for years.

:les:

hawker84

Reaction score
He certainly didn't impress last night. was not impressed with his post game presser either.

Johnny

Reaction score
Come on!

RGIII is what he is... A run first QB and that's all he'll ever be.... The read-option offense is all this guy has and teams have figured him out... The same goes for Kaep!

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
I imagine it's hard to play QB in the NFL when your knee is made up of meat loaf.

Who is going to sell their future to draft the kid playing at Baylor this year? His team scores way more points than the RG3 led team.

BAHAHAHA!...idiots the lot of them in DC.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I will give him a pass this year..he had no time in the offseason to do anything but rehab. Next year will be the real story. For his sake I hope they fire Shanahan. He should of pulled RG3 before it was too late last year...he did not protect the player from himself.

Kakaww

Reaction score
It must be tough on RGIII, or any quarterback, to have such a terrible defense. Watching the opposing team march down the field without much hope of a stop must suck. You would need to have outstanding character and maturity to keep cool and avoid spewing good media controversy.

That said, it appears that the honeymoon is over and his limitations are in full display. Now that he has been grounded, perhaps he will take all his gifts, eat some humble pie and get hard at work on learning to pass from the pocket.

youngchew

Reaction score
Cyrus12":10icy81v said:
I will give him a pass this year..he had no time in the offseason to do anything but rehab. Next year will be the real story. For his sake I hope they fire Shanahan. He should of pulled RG3 before it was too late last year...he did not protect the player from himself.

Thank you. One of the best posts from an opposing fan about RG3 that I've seen anywhere on the internet.

Griffin is 23 years old. Combine his injury with no off-season workouts, the "mental" aspect of being hit 15 times a game with a broken knee, the Redskins LITERALLY having the worst defense in the NFL, and his #2 receiver Leonard Hankerson and his starting tight end Jordan Reed missing a lot of time....its just bad

Cam Newton, in his 3rd year, with some key wins down the stretch, is now possibly an MVP candidate. After a HORRIBLE sophomore year. So don't write off Robert Griffin just yet....