Goodell: NFL to consider centralizing replay reviews

Jville

Reaction score
Consistency is important. By bringing it into the league office on Sundays and having one person actually making that decision, you can make an argument there's consistency.
[urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000296778/article/goodell-nfl-to-consider-centralizing-replay-reviews[/urltargetblank]

OrFan

Reaction score
More control for Roger. This will make it much better to control outcomes.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Also will delay the game that much more. I don't like it at all.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Verrrrrrrry intriguing. Since there are literally no details on how this would specifically work, I'll wait to pass judgement, unlike the two replies above me.

SwissCheese77

Reaction score
If they implement it like the NHL does, I'm all for it. All video reviews in the NHL go to the league office in Toronto, and it greatly improves both consistency and speed over the AHL, which uses a local review system (albiet with worse refs).

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3a9fcubq said:
LOL, this could be great (see NHL) or a shitty idea (see Rog).
So if it turns out well, does that mean you go a week without bashing Goodell in at least three different threads? :)

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":onn6p2uo said:

How will it delay it? You could make the argument that it will expedite it since someone will be at the league office ready to review anything. No walking time or anything, someone will always be ready

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":17jsxtbl said:
Sports Hernia":17jsxtbl said:
LOL, this could be great (see NHL) or a shitty idea (see Rog).
So if it turns out well, does that mean you go a week without bashing Goodell in at least three different threads? :)
Only if you can go a week without defending him! :lol: 8)

-The Glove-

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":1qrprpcd said:
Jazzhawk":1qrprpcd said:

How will it delay it? You could make the argument that it will expedite it since someone will be at the league office ready to review anything. No walking time or anything, someone will always be ready

That's what I don't get about the "it will slow down the game more crowd". I think it will help alleviate some of the issues and delays they currently have with how things are done.

OrFan

Reaction score
In truth, it could either go better, or it could turn out to be a complete mess.

I do not like the idea of giving the NFL any on the spot power over how things are going. I do not believe for one minute the NFL is honest.

I have also wanted the decisions on replays taken away from the ref on the field. Nobody wants to admit they are wrong, even if it is on a subconscious level.

In the end, it really does not matter what we think. The NFL, meaning the owners, and those who work for the owners will make the decisions on how they want things to play out.

sc85sis

Reaction score
If it's literally one person, what happens if more than one game needs a review at the same time?

-The Glove-

Reaction score
sc85sis":2qak3w17 said:
If it's literally one person, what happens if more than one game needs a review at the same time?

Why cant it be the review guy upstairs? Or another guy upstairs?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
It'd probably be a couple of different teams of people, but who knows.

@Hernia: Lol, that's the thing, I don't run around defending him. Show me the proof. :) I just go around pointing out that he's a front man for the owners. Way too many chumps just focus their hatred on Goodell, while ignoring the guys pulling the strings.

He's a marionette. Wake up and smell the roses.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":23n8nuzu said:
It'd probably be a couple of different teams of people, but who knows.

@Hernia: Lol, that's the thing, I don't run around defending him. Show me the proof. :) I just go around pointing out that he's a front man for the owners. Way too many chumps just focus their hatred on Goodell, while ignoring the guys pulling the strings.

He's a marionette. Wake up and smell the roses.
What evs! :177692: :lol:
Rog is NOT a victim. He is a lot more powerful then you "defenders" would like to admit.

themunn

Reaction score
I think it'd work quite well if the reviewer doesn't know what call was made on the field.
Without the preconceived bias of what the refs decided on first viewing, a fairer decision can be made by someone who has the luxury of super slow mo high def multiviewing angles

DTexHawk

Reaction score
I nominate Sports H to do all the reviews.

He's never been wrong.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
DTexHawk":388jw84x said:
I nominate Sports H to do all the reviews.

He's never been wrong.
You finally for something right! Things are looking up for you! Congrats on that!
:th2thumbs:

Kixkahn

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":2y384srd said:
Jazzhawk":2y384srd said:

I see the potential of delays because there are multiple games going at once. Somewhat of a chance that more than one game has a challenge at the same time.