NFC vs. AFC - defensively speaking

hawkfan68

Reaction score
NFC boasts the best defenses in the NFL. I was looking at stats and was amazing to see only 1 current AFC playoff team in the top 10. No not Denver, San Diego, or New England in there. It was Cincinnati. While in the NFC there is Seattle, SF, Carolina and New Orleans in the top 10. New Orleans known for it's offensive firepower, now is a formidable defensive team too. How times have changed. I remember when AFC had the power defenses - Dolphins, Pats, Raiders, Broncos, Chargers, Chiefs, Colts, etc. Now the NFC controls defenses. If defense wins championships then it's a good bet that the next SB champ will be from the NFC.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/position/defense

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Was picking Cinci to go to the SB when the season started. That defense is pretty good. But Dalton is hamstringing that team with his inconsistent play.

It will be interesting to see if Manning can lead his team to the SB. In the regular season, he's one of the greatest of all time. But in the post season, he couldn't hold Joe Montana's jock strap. I'd send in Johnny U off the bench over Peyton. Heck, I'd rather have George Blanda out there come playoff time - when he was 40!

Brady lost Gronk again so I think they're done. But you never can count out a Belicheat team.

One of those three will be waiting to get drubbed by us in the SB. The real drama is the NFC playoffs. Carolina, SF, Seattle, NO, even Philly are all tough teams.

drdiags

Reaction score
The Bengals would have been even better defensively if not for a couple impactful injuries to their best CB and one of their stud DLs.