Offensive Head Coaches are Dominating the NFL

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Can't a coach be good at both? I mean, how hard can that be? If they suck at offense, maybe get a few books from the library, watch some film of other team's that are good at this, etc.

49fansinceBrodie

Reaction score
Can't a coach be good at both? I mean, how hard can that be? If they suck at offense, maybe get a few books from the library, watch some film of other team's that are good at this, etc.
IIRC The 49ers hired Eric Mangini for an offensive coaching position and later gave him a defensive job.

jeremiah

Reaction score
the niners with win the owl this year and it will be because of their killer defense.
I see evidence for what you see coming. I think they will come up short. Remember what happened to the Seahawks the year after the Superb owl? They had a miracle comeback to beat Green Bay. SF is going to have to get over one of those humps. It is just common in this league.

49ersNFCWsBest

Reaction score
Evolved or been steered in a direction to appease the consumer. The fact that corners can’t even breathe on a receiver just kills it for me. What’s the point of having a secondary if they can’t play football?
Well actually DB'S are constantly hanging on WRS. Pulling and tugging on them from the snap of the ball. By the rule DB'S are committing penalties on almost every play.

Im all for letting them play but these officials just aren't consistent enough. They will allow a DB to beat up a WR all game then throw a flag late in the game on something they have been allowing for 58 minutes.
After every big play most of us are wondering if a penalty was called. We are searching for a flag. The game is getting harder to watch and is nothing like the product the NFL put out in the 80's and 90's.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
Well actually DB'S are constantly hanging on WRS. Pulling and tugging on them from the snap of the ball. By the rule DB'S are committing penalties on almost every play.

Im all for letting them play but these officials just aren't consistent enough. They will allow a DB to beat up a WR all game then throw a flag late in the game on something they have been allowing for 58 minutes.
After every big play most of us are wondering if a penalty was called. We are searching for a flag. The game is getting harder to watch and is nothing like the product the NFL put out in the 80's and 90's.
Yeah I agree. We’ve see a lot of flags on one team one half and another team in the second. It’s not a good look for a league that’s trying to not look influenced