What are your thoughts about Colts OC Pep Hamilton

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Not as a potential Seahawk coordinator...just a coordinator in general. Is he good?

Thunderhawk

Reaction score
He was fine when he realized that Andrew Luck gave the Colts the best chance to win. He was really forcing the running game early in the season. I understand wanting to have balance but you also have to play to your strengths.

In his defense Reggie Wayne's injury left them with a lot of young unproven receivers, apart from T.Y. When guys like Da'Rick Rodgers started improving they passed more. I would like to see how Hamilton calls the games when the Colts are at full strength. Some are speculating he is head coach material but the jury is still out IMO.

ColtsGuy

Reaction score
Im not sure about him yet, it just seems to early judge his effectiveness.

OP
OP
-The Glove-

-The Glove-

Reaction score
ColtsGuy":1wk9tpvo said:
Im not sure about him yet, it just seems to early judge his effectiveness.

Reason I ask is because I saw a post saying he was a favorite to land the Vanderbilt HC job. Naturally, tons of Colts fans chimed in and a majority wanted him gone (kind of like Bevell here). Thought it was interesting that someone I thought to be a really good OC get blasted like that by his team's fans

Throwdown

Reaction score
I think he's fine, its a shame they gave up a 1st for Richardson, he really really wants to take the pressure off Luck and give him a fall back with the running game.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
They lack the personnel to run his system at the moment. Fleener is not that good, they really missed Dwayne Allen and Reggie, and the line is a work in progress. Not to mention the Richardson fiasco.

I think Colts fans felt like he is hindering Luck from throwing down the field. His system does prevent the QB from gambling just a bit.

ColtsGuy

Reaction score
I wouldnt want to see him go, if only for the reason that would it mean the O would have to learn a 3rd system in as many years, the colts need some stability.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
The Reggie Wayne excuse all over ... How many weapons did Brady lose again this season?
I think the Colt's problem is more their defense than their offense.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Scottemojo":37ymoc47 said:
Not to mention the Richardson fiasco.
Could Holmgren and the Browns brass have screwed up that draft pick any more than they did?

They swapped picks with the Vikings (the Viking's #3 overall for their #4), and gave them a 4th, a 5th and a 7th round pick that year.