"They Are What We Thought They Were!"

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
"...and we let them off the hook!!!"

Ahhh, the good old days. The late Dennis Green speaking truth.

The Cowboys are good this year. But beatable. If we were firing on all cylinders we are 7-5. But you know what they say about candy and nuts.

We had multiple chances to win that game. Unfortunately the defense didn't play as well as the offense. I am still waiting for that complete game.

We all are.

We are disappointed today, obviously, but I saw signs of life out of my team last night. They showed glimpses of how good they really can be one day. Geno balled out. DK had a day. 35 points should be enough to win. Unfortunately the defense showed warts. It's not a finger pointing exercise here. It's just, how do we put a complete game together? I guess most teams ask that same question.

Is Pete going to be his usual golly gee self this week? What, if anything, changes? What needs to change?

We have two games left of The Gauntlet. Do we even stand a chance or are we all already raising our 6-8 white flags?

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I said 2-2 going into the gauntlet. I’m sticking to it but I’m way more nervous about it. Dallas was supposed to be a W.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Fourth down efficiency: Oh for three.

Pretty well sums up the slim margin between win and loss.

It was a flawed, but winnable, and I fear the Hawks high bar.

morgulon1

Reaction score
The game shouldn't of came down to converting a fourth down but when it does , a top tier dude finds a way. 25MM says so.

This defense has no identity or direction. They can stop the run ok . At times .
They get chewed up in the air. Nwousu
Being gone changed everything IMHO.
Mafe is good and I think he'll get better
but he's not ready to be THE man yet.

flv2

Reaction score
The Seahawks don't have a good enough/healthy enough O-Line to consistently win on offense. The defensive front 6 is weak and good offenses can pick and choose how to beat them. It's a good roster but it's probably several ProBowlers short of being a real contender.

cymatica

Reaction score
The Seahawks don't have a good enough/healthy enough O-Line to consistently win on offense. The defensive front 6 is weak and good offenses can pick and choose how to beat them. It's a good roster but it's probably several ProBowlers short of being a real contender.
They can add a couple pro bowlers and the coaches will misuse them and make it easy for offenses to know how to attack them. They don't hide anything and Eric Bieniemy himself essentially said it's easy to gameplan for them because you know exactly what they are going to do. It's why backup QBs have looked like Tom Brady for years.

Until the entire defensive scheme is fundamentally changed and adapts to the players, nothing will change... Ever. Even if Pete finds a great defensive coordinator who is aggressive, he'll ruin it with his 'play it safe' attitude

xray

Reaction score
Depending on 4th down attempts is telling ; and not in a good way .

LastRideOut

Reaction score
It's a good thing Jody Allen has stuck with PC for this long. When the PC era does come to a close, Seattle will be an attractive opening for top-tier coaching candidates because they know the owner won't meddle, fire mid-season, late season, or meddle in drafting, you know, like the Panthers owner.

So yeah, while I get the frustration of some fans with PC, hang in there. Organizational stability is a huge selling point to top tier candidates, especially if we have JS at the helm of the coaching search.

I do not support firing PC mid or late season. I also don't support off loading asst. coaches or coordinators during the season. There is a time and place for that. Paul Allen waited until the off season to fire Mora and his staff, and he got his guy in PC.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
We need younger safeties. Ones that can tackle. Diggs has showed up on tape for completely whiffing on tackles and Adams - well - enough said there.