NFL Now

kidhawk

Reaction score
NFL Now is a new phone app form the NFL. It's supposed to be a large video library. It lets you select your team and players you wish to get updates about. I've just downloaded it, and set it for the Seahawks. I haven't selected any individual players or gone through all that it has, because I want to be somewhere that doesn't use up so much of my phone's data limit and we have no wireless internet at work.

Has anyone else had a chance to get the app and go through it? Opinions?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I haven't used it yet, but I have truly unlimited data through Verizon so I'll install it and check it out.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
The short videos are free but if you want to access any of the archived shows--Hard Knocks, America's Game, etc.--you have to sign up for the $1.99 monthly subscription. I'm probably going to sign up for a month to see if it's worth it and drop it if I don't get some real value.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Shadowhawk":87ig55l6 said:
The short videos are free but if you want to access any of the archived shows--Hard Knocks, America's Game, etc.--you have to sign up for the $1.99 monthly subscription. I'm probably going to sign up for a month to see if it's worth it and drop it if I don't get some real value.

$1.99 doesn't sound too bad, but depends on how much stuff they have that can't be accessed anywhere else.

DTexHawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2f6uxrku said:
I haven't used it yet, but I have truly unlimited data through Verizon so I'll install it and check it out.

What's the difference between "truly unlimited data" and unlimited data?

;)

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
DTexHawk":2u8ku1ao said:
RolandDeschain":2u8ku1ao said:

;)

You have to inhale your own farts and make examples of bad grammar.

:stirthepot:

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
DTexHawk":3q9u5fxn said:

;)
There's unlimited data where you get throttled to a super-slow speed when you hit a certain threshold, and then there's truly unlimited. Though, Verizon's going to turn the top 5% most heavy truly unlimited users into "throttled when you reach a certain point" users starting in a couple months, but I'm not in that category most months.

Try to troll harder next time.

DTexHawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1qpdiwva said:
DTexHawk":1qpdiwva said:

;)
There's unlimited data where you get throttled to a super-slow speed when you hit a certain threshold, and then there's truly unlimited. Though, Verizon's going to turn the top 5% most heavy truly unlimited users into "throttled when you reach a certain point" users starting in a couple months, but I'm not in that category most months.

Try to troll harder next time.

So it's the speed that's limited, not the data.

;)

Sac

Reaction score
The speed of your data is limited, therefore the amount of data you can use is limited by any measure of time thereafter.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
DTexHawk":1h8hrnb8 said:

;)
There's a direct correlation. What if you went to Denny's for an unlimited-refill coffee, but after the first cup your refills were filled one drop at a time, taking an hour to fill your cup? That's literally an accurate analogy for some carriers when they start throttling from 4G down to 2G.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":15j86x56 said:
DTexHawk":15j86x56 said:

;)
There's a direct correlation. What if you went to Denny's for an unlimited-refill coffee, but after the first cup your refills were filled one drop at a time, taking an hour to fill your cup? That's literally an accurate analogy for some carriers when they start throttling from 4G down to 2G.

...or the waitress comes around once every 30 minutes and gives a half a cup.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":2x8j9po8 said:
RolandDeschain":2x8j9po8 said:
DTexHawk":2x8j9po8 said:

;)

That's not the same thing. That wouldn't be unlimited.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
SonicHawk":eswwtsfn said:
Seahawkfan80":eswwtsfn said:
RolandDeschain":eswwtsfn said:
DTexHawk":eswwtsfn said:

;)

That's not the same thing. That wouldn't be unlimited.

Sure it would. I mean, you could spend an eternity at Denny's, drinking coffee and waiting to sober up.

DTexHawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":cu04ookq said:
DTexHawk":cu04ookq said:

;)

So I guess what you're saying is that you currently have truly limited data at 4G speed.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
DTexHawk":2qmc8aq7 said:
So I guess what you're saying is that you currently have truly limited data at 4G speed.
I knew you could eventually understand it if you tried hard enough.