Bo Nix is my pick right now

ivotuk

Reaction score
After the final games, watching Bo Nix vs Oregon State, I think he has what it takes to translate to the NFL.

I love Penix, but he's to inconsistent, and he'll never get the kind of protection in the NFL that he gets in Washington.

Jaden Daniels looks great, but he plays for LSU, a perrenially talented team, and I don't think his running style would last in the NFL.

Cam Ward looks good, and like Nix, he's gone through the gauntlet, playing for an average to poor team, but showing out when getting to a team with more talent.

They both qualify for the Lewin QB forecast, which is correct 99.999% of the time.

Caleb Williams looks good, but he's struggled when playing vs better teams, not that much, but enough to make me nervous.

I think Bo is big enough, and thick enough to handle the hits that the NFL dishes out, and still make the play.

We still have Bowl games, and Playoff games for players to show up in, so everything is subject to change. But as of right now, Bo Nix is my guy.

Bo's stats are unreal. Steady progression, with phenomenal 2023 numbers through 12 games.

Bo Nix College Stats

Attachments

• Bo Nix College Stats.png
    Bo Nix College Stats.png
    39.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

GemCity

Reaction score
I like Nix too.

Without trading up, I think we’re more likely to end up with a guy like JJ McCarthy. Thats if we draft a QB at all.

That may not necessarily be a bad thing 😊

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
I think the only way they reach for a QB, is if we miss the playoffs. I think that looks likely. The Rams will get the wildcard, they have a cakewalk schedule going forward.

If that motivates us getting a QB< I will be happy for at least that.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Bo Nix is physically strong but mentally weak. You don't want him as your QB.
Great with a lead or early in the game. But if later in a close game he needs to make a play, he falls apart or turns into Captain Checkdown.

A much worse version of Herbert. Will probably put up big #s when it hardly matters but will make mistakes when you need him.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Penix is good but something is missing to me. Nix is good too, but also, something is off. I don't see our QBOTF in this next draft but that means as much as me telling you I don't see radio waves either but I know they exist so take it for what it's worth.

Lennie

Reaction score
Penix is good but something is missing to me. Nix is good too, but also, something is off. I don't see our QBOTF in this next draft but that means as much as me telling you I don't see radio waves either but I know they exist so take it for what it's worth.
So when do you see it? At some point we have to swing for the fences for our QBOTF. If not next draft when?
I say with our young talent it has to be next draft.
Geno is not the answer for another year.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Geno is obviously not the answer, nor was he ever the answer. He was a stop-gap until we do find our QBOTF. I won't be upset if we draft either of those two fine young gents. I just don't know if either of them are the answer to our QB question.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
Don’t write off Penix, I think he’s playing hurt because he has a ton of good tape
You might be right. After he threw a ball, Saturday, he ducked away from the defender. As he should, but it seemed like he was protecting something.

He's been injured a lot before he came to Washington, and like David Carr, anybody would be, and should be cautious after getting hit and injured I much.

QBs are not built to take the punishment like WRs and RBs.

Xxx

Reaction score
After the final games, watching Bo Nix vs Oregon State, I think he has what it takes to translate to the NFL.

I love Penix, but he's to inconsistent, and he'll never get the kind of protection in the NFL that he gets in Washington.

Jaden Daniels looks great, but he plays for LSU, a perrenially talented team, and I don't think his running style would last in the NFL.

Cam Ward looks good, and like Nix, he's gone through the gauntlet, playing for an average to poor team, but showing out when getting to a team with more talent.

They both qualify for the Lewin QB forecast, which is correct 99.999% of the time.

Caleb Williams looks good, but he's struggled when playing vs better teams, not that much, but enough to make me nervous.

I think Bo is big enough, and thick enough to handle the hits that the NFL dishes out, and still make the play.

We still have Bowl games, and Playoff games for players to show up in, so everything is subject to change. But as of right now, Bo Nix is my guy.
Ward and nix are my two picks. And not because it rhymes. Nix looks like an nfl qb on the move, and like you said ward is on a less than team but rises up when they need him. Cougars never shoulda been there like that with the Dawgs

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Thanks for posting. I'm sure that there's gonna be alot more traffic on this topic as the season continues/ends and the draft approaches.

3 things I think I know:

Geno's not the answer long term (unfortunately).

Lock is not the answer to ANY question you got.

And I don't have ANY time to watch college ball - so I like these threads for people who don't have time to track that stuff!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Bo Nix is physically strong but mentally weak. You don't want him as your QB.
Great with a lead or early in the game. But if later in a close game he needs to make a play, he falls apart or turns into Captain Checkdown.

A much worse version of Herbert. Will probably put up big #s when it hardly matters but will make mistakes when you need him.
Yep. I have a good friend who's a huge Ducks fan, and even he is saying they should pass on Nix. Not much of an upside, etc.

12forlife

Reaction score
Don’t write off Penix, I think he’s playing hurt because he has a ton of good tape
Yeah he has to many negatives for me. He hasn't played well since the 1st Oregon game. He's gonna be 25 already next year. He is a South Paw which does matter (you flip the blind side) I'm not comfortable with his scrambling/get rid of the ball when play isn't there. I think he will get hurt early in the NFL he seems fragile to me, and what the heck was that move hidding in the ball box while your kicker makes the game winning field goal? All that said he is probably the best arm in the draft?

CPHawk

Reaction score
Hmmmm, I mean I was joking about a strong arm lefty… I’m trying to catch up with you though
sorry I’ve sent mentioned by other husky fans. Didn’t realize you were saying Penix.

Reactions: Xxx