Jairus Byrd out for season.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score

Laloosh

Reaction score
That defense doesn't seem capable of weathering a hit like this.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Seriously what is going on? On the one hand it absolutely looks like everything is lining up for us to repeat but on the otherhand I've never seen so many good teams lose critical core players by one method or another in a season.

OP
OP
Maulbert

Maulbert

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":35y1uodg said:
Maulbert":35y1uodg said:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...-saints-done-season-tearing-meniscus-practice

Well, there goes the Saints season. I think they'll be lucky to be 7-9 now. I mean, they already looked bad on defense, and he might be their best defensive player. And to think, they were the chic pick out of the NFC.
I think they were done before that happened!

Well, before this, I certainly wouldn't have put it past Payton and Brees to be capable of turning it around. Now, though.... I think this is too much.

Vetamur

Reaction score
Hes been having an awful season anyway up to this point..

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Vetamur":1qjvrgpr said:
Hes been having an awful season anyway up to this point..
Lol, I was just thinking reading this thread that I wonder if their defense might not improve because of it. He has been a disappointment for them thus far from what I've seen, (which isn't a whole lot, but I do peruse and occasionally post on saintsreport.com and many there are not pleased with the returns to date) so I'll be curious to see what happens there moving forward.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
Who replaces him? Raphael Bush?

If so, he looks pretty good, asides from when he's trying to kill Percy.

ctrcat

Reaction score
Game over for the Saints. They were all in this season financially. Back to the bottom, their rightful place in history.

bigwrm

Reaction score
It's amazing how many people were picking the saints for the super bowl this year just because they signed Byrd. I even heard some people in the offseason claim that their secondary was now as good or better than the LOB.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
If they want a subpar safety, they could always sign Winston Guy from the Colts PS.

raisethe3

Reaction score
bigwrm":3aoeia37 said:
It's amazing how many people were picking the saints for the super bowl this year just because they signed Byrd. I even heard some people in the offseason claim that their secondary was now as good or better than the LOB.

8y54k8

Seriously, they don't even have the stats to compare yet.