Seattle Sounders win 4th US Open Cup Title!

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • 3-1 in extra time over Philadelphia Union.

Dempsey with the game winning goal.
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran

Location: Born: Tacoma, WA Current Location: Myrtle Beach Hawk, Go Gators!

• Nice. Oba had an assist and a match clinching goal.

It's ridiculous that the major networks don't pick up this game. It's a championship final. More people would watch this than fricking beach volleyball or minor league baseball.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

• Raise your hand if you expected 6 years ago that Seattle would win 4 US Open cups in 6 years.

*silence*
    dumbrabbit
    NET Veteran

• The stream I found was really laggy so I had to rely on Ross Fletcher's audio for most of the game. Even still it was such an exciting match! It's really a shame it wasn't on a regular network.

Sounders till I die!
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran

• How in the world did the Union not score in the last ~15 or so minutes just baffles me.
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran

• SonicHawk wrote:How in the world did the Union not score in the last ~15 or so minutes just baffles me.

Divine intervention? I dunno, but I would say that it was probably Frei's best performance of the year.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• hawkfan68 wrote:Nice. Oba had an assist and a match clinching goal.

It's ridiculous that the major networks don't pick up this game. It's a championship final. More people would watch this than fricking beach volleyball or minor league baseball.

The major networks don't have the ability to just pick it up. GolTV won the contract from USSF several years ago. The problem is GolTV has extremely limited distrubtion. This issue came up during the 2012 final against SKC as well.

Hopefully during the next contract negotiations a more widely distributed channel will pony up the dough. USSF would be wise to package it together with USMNT WCQ tv rights.
    Seahawks1983
    NET Veteran

It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:30 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information