Wilson,Luck,Rg3

Draft day who would you take knowing what you know now.

• Wilson

Votes: 174 80.2%
  • Luck

Votes: 35 16.1%
  • RG3

Votes: 8 3.7%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Who would you take if you knew what you know now? We always hear about the other two I dont think they give this man enough credit. I was jumping for joy the day we drafted him. I would still go with Wilson what about you?

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
Especially considering we stole him in the third round. I think he has the biggest upside outside RG3.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Can't go wrong with any of those picks. They're all playing outstanding football. That said, I'd still take Wilson and be perfectly happy with it. And if you factor in the cost - i.e., draft position/picks given up for the player - it's Wilson in a landslide.

OP
OP
thegreeninyoureye
Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":209ki3sv said:
Can't go wrong with any of those picks. They're all playing outstanding football. That said, I'd still take Wilson and be perfectly happy with it. And if you factor in the cost - i.e., draft position/picks given up for the player - it's Wilson in a landslide.

We as Hawk fans have been waiting a long long time for a guy like this. Love his game.

Sac

Reaction score
Seriously though, name one thing those other two QB's do better than Wilson? Other than being tall.

Tical21

Reaction score
I LOVE Wilson, but what the other two are doing is absolutely ridiculous. I think we'd be about 10-2 with either one of them. Have you watched any of them play? RGIII on Thanksgiving? My goodness. Wow.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
You could win a lot of games with all three of them but I am thankful we have Wilson. I really, really am.

OP
OP
thegreeninyoureye
Reaction score
Tical21":c3epk0gd said:
I LOVE Wilson, but what the other two are doing is absolutely ridiculous. I think we'd be about 10-2 with either one of them. Have you watched any of them play? RGIII on Thanksgiving? My goodness. Wow.

Yeah I have watch them all play alot still doesnt change my mind tho. I dont know if Rg3 can hold up dudes a string bean. He is good tho but I dont think he is miles above Luck or Wilson like a lot of people say that he is.

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
I don't understand how anyone considers Luck better than Wilson at this point. The Colts weren't THAT bad last year.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Russell Wilson led TWO game winning drives today. It's not his fault the defense shit the bed.

otter

Reaction score
I would take Wilson in a heart beat. I wasn't sure when we drafted him, I thought awesome, he'll be a back-up until Flynn leaves or until we trade him for draft picks. When Carroll opened up competition, I thought that was Carroll being Carroll and doing his whole comPete thing, I never thought Wilson had a shot. Watching him in pre-season, I liked what I saw and quickly admitted he could take the starting job, but didn't think he actually would. When he was goven the starting job, I thought great, another year of struggling to win games and another year of missing the playoffs. I have been surprised. I LOVE with a capital LOVE this kid. He is the future here. This offense with anyone else as quarterback just would seem odd.

AVL

Reaction score
If this was privileged knowledge, I would take Luck in the first, then Wilson in the second and have a quarterback controversy.

chawx

Reaction score
Tical21":ojawk2ni said:

Meh. Turn on the TV and watch how great Nick Foles looks against Dallas right now. RGIII won't hold up and can't will his teams to wins like Russ...and Luck needs 1000 attempts a game to look decent.

10-2 is a stretch pal. I'd say our record would be worse with those other two.

drdiags

Reaction score
I think all have shown very capable QB skills. All have had signature wins and have shown the ability to lead a team in hostile environments. All that said, I take Luck. I like to have players who fit the physical measurements (Lofa was great, but his size cost him an extended career). Having a good football IQ is also part of the makeup, we all remember Aaron Curry.

It seems this will be an ongoing theme as long as these 3 are starting in the NFL. No one will remember when it is all said and done.

nsport

Reaction score
I voted for Luck. He's really overachieved but the team has had a lot of reasons to do so. I'd expect a sophomore slump from him just because of the personnel around him. RW has the benefit of a punishing runner and an equally punishing defense. Even though they gave up some passes to BM (remember his 20 catch performance back in Denver?? - He's really good) - they hit the snot out of some players and knocked them silly. If we had Luck, we'd nurture him the same as RW. All things being equal, I'd take Luck, but closely followed (microhairs) by RW.

formido

Reaction score
I don't know about 10-2 with those other two. I very much doubt that. But I can say that of the top 40 ESPN QBR performances this year, only FOUR resulted in losses and TWO of them were Russell Wilson. So, Russell Wilson should probably be sitting on 9-3 right now. Moreover, last I heard, Football Outsiders had Indy's offensive line and receivers as better than Seattle's, so the claim that Luck is doing it all on his own is arguable. Frankly, I don't buy for a single second that Wilson couldn't do the same things Luck is doing if he were in that situation and throwing the ball 50 times a game, too. Actually, I think he'd do better. Objective pre-draft analysis suggested he could be better. Someone posted this in another thread. It's mind-blowing. Check the rationalizations for why that evidence should be ignored:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/nfl-dr ... ecast-2012

The rationalizations about why the analysis should be ignored in Wilson's case sound so hollow.

Latest posts