Hawks Glasses Off: Beastquake Best Run Ever?

Hawks Glasses Off: Beastquake Best Run Ever?

• Absolutely.

Votes: 40 62.5%
  • Possibly? I am not sure to be honest.

Votes: 24 37.5%
  • No, read my response.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

nwHawk

Reaction score
The things about that run is how momentum had swung over to Saints. Saints were expected to win. They were the defending Champs.

Saints had just scored on their last two possessions and Seattle had punted their last two possessions. When Marshawn hit the hole it looked like hit hit a wall - but then shot out of a cannon like a man possessed that refused to quit. The emotion of that run won the game. I have never felt so much energy. Wild.

projectorfreak

Reaction score
I was at the giants game with my two year old on my lap an headphones on him , me and my buds are yellin the whole time and didn't get to see the shockey stuff till i got home ( yes you can do all of that in the club section) had a great time but he's one of those aholes in sports and i'm glad we were gifted a win by their incompetence and lack of football ability to beat us cuz they deserved it
Makes for a great clip on those most crazy losses skits on nfln
eff the who dat saints for takin us lightly
Can only wish we get back to that hungry , I'm gonna beat you if you don't bring your Agame and whoop us mentality
Hopefully geno gets some 4th quarter Majic this year as that's the only thing he's missin
So maybe payton will have a little issue this year with RW as he definitely ain't the guy anymore that helped em win that day
And a good day was had by all ,,,,
I had season tix but couldn't go to the game

Torc

Reaction score
I don't know about best in all of NFL history.....but very possibly. I do know it is the single most amazing run that I've ever seen live and been yelling my head off for. The fact that he made contact with most of the defensive players on the field makes is what makes it so special IMO.

"Baby stiff-arm" indeed. :)

samwize77

Reaction score
I love watching the BQ run....its definitely top 5, if not number 1.
I always search for this one after watching the BQ run. Its not even in the running for one of the greatest runs...but its classic Lynch.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Some may prefer backs like Barry Sanders & Marcus Allen but Earl Campbell was my alltime favorite RB & nobody can ever touch him as far as physicality goes, not even Marshawn, but that "Beastquake" run is the best "physical run" ever, especially given the circumstances.

Another of my alltime favorite runs was the Chris Carson "second effort" 1 yd TD run against the 49ers in week 15(?) of 2018. That was spectacular although it will never show up on any list of greatest rushes since it was 1 yard.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
I was watching the freaking fabulous "America's Game: 2010 Playoffs: Saints @ Seahawks" and every time I watch it I am overwhelmed with the production, the interviews, the sideline shots and audio, and how many times I forget how amazing that game was outside of the obvious BEASTQUAKE. I love the interviews with most Saints players who seem if not understandably bummed that their defending world championship status ended on the road against a then 7-9 team, still able to give the Hawks credit for what they accomplished that fateful, historic day.

Favorite Saints Player Interview: Jabari Greer. Holy crap every time I watch this show he slays me. Hilarious. His facial expressions, his self-effacing persona, his honesty and sincerity, he is a joy to listen to.

Least Favorite Saints Player Interview: Jeremy Shockey. Man, I forget how douchey he was. In the one small spot he had on the show he was asked about the infamous run. He was so condescending and just an overall jerk in his quick moment on camera it reminded me of that game where he was a Giant and he thought his kicker won the game on a FG but he missed...His arms were raised and he started celebrating only to retract in horror when he realized he had missed...Again....Couldn't have happened to a better douche.

But I digress.

Watching the show, you are reminded how incredibly special that run was. THE run. Taking it all in, the crowd, the comments from players and coaches...But it got me thinking. The announcers and commentator would say "One of the best runs ever..." High compliment to be sure. And that is not debatable. It was.

But then I thought, "Well, IS there a better run than Beastquake?!"

I've seen some pretty damn impressive runs. Marcus Allen of course. Jim Brown, the list goes on and on. And I get this will always remain a subjective argument but I struggled wondering if I truly believe Beastquake IS the best run in NFL history or if that is simply because I am viewing it through a diehard Seahawks fan's goggles?

What say you? Curious to hear your thoughts.

PS...Did you know that Marshawn has no idea where "the ball" is from that play? He ran off the field at 0:00 and admits he didn't secure it and nobody knows for sure. Matt Hasselbeck said his last play was the kneel down and that "could" be the ball but nobody knows to this day. Crazy!
A season or two ago the NFL did a bunch of Top 100 lists for it’s 100 year anniversary and BQ was voted #1. Get off me, he says!

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I love that line!! "Get off me he says!!" I get that was after the real time play and during the replay but that line was awesome and iconic in its own right.

WarHawks

Reaction score
I certainly can't think of a better one. It was truly amazing to watch.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Although I wouldn't want to pick one over the other, Larry Czonka was one damn hard runner and did something that Beast never did: Czonka once got penalized for unnecessary roughness on a player trying to tackle him. I can remember Don Shula going ballistic. The play with him drawing the penalty is at the 1:05 mark in the video:

Last edited:

CouchLogic

Reaction score
Show me a better one. Just a big time run towards the end of the game, and a massive momentum shift. No one but Shawn knew what was going on at the end, haha. He's soaking it up like a rock star, boss. The play commentary is classic. Also, the friggin' earthquake man.

schkoot

Reaction score
The thing that makes any play truly great is the context that it happened in. So I, as a Seahawks fan, know why the Beast Quake was special, but have a harder time trying to judge the context of a run from another team.

The thing is, I don't really know of any other signature runs that look as good without the fan context the way I see the BQ.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
It's the best. While there might be others that can compete, this was a 7-9 "playoff team" taking on the previous seasons Super Bowl champs. The stakes and power of the opposition factored in, makes this the best run in NFL history IMO.

Hawkamaniac

Reaction score
Hell yes. Not just the greatest run in NFL history, but the single greatest play ever. So many others, such as "the immaculate reception," or the Tyree helmet catch, had an element of luck. "The catch", OBJ's one hander, Santonio Holmes in the back of the end zone, all special. Bo's run down the sideline; beautiful. But they were all moments ... Beastquake was a collection of moments. Who else ever ran over an entire team? Who else demolished eight would be tacklers for a walk-off playoff win?

pmedic920

Reaction score
Hell yes. Not just the greatest run in NFL history, but the single greatest play ever. So many others, such as "the immaculate reception," or the Tyree helmet catch, had an element of luck. "The catch", OBJ's one hander, Santonio Holmes in the back of the end zone, all special. Bo's run down the sideline; beautiful. But they were all moments ... Beastquake was a collection of moments. Who else ever ran over an entire team? Who else demolished eight would be tacklers for a walk-off playoff win?
A bit homeristic but I like the way you think.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
PS...Did you know that Marshawn has no idea where "the ball" is from that play? He ran off the field at 0:00 and admits he didn't secure it and nobody knows for sure. Matt Hasselbeck said his last play was the kneel down and that "could" be the ball but nobody knows to this day. Crazy!
Matt seems pretty sure about it.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Some may prefer backs like Barry Sanders & Marcus Allen but Earl Campbell was my alltime favorite RB & nobody can ever touch him as far as physicality goes, not even Marshawn, but that "Beastquake" run is the best "physical run" ever, especially given the circumstances.
One of the choices the Seahawks made, that I always regretted, was when they signed Franco Harris after Curt Warner got injured early in the 1984 season. Harris was going downhill fast (not in the running-the-football sense, but in the becoming-decrepit sense), and he was holding out for big bucks from the Rustbuckets, and that's the guy the Seahawks decided to sign. Meanwhile in Houston, Earl Campbell was playing his last few games as an Oiler before being traded to New Orleans 6 games (IIRC) into the season. To this day, I'm convinced that we could have gotten Earl Campbell for a song, and HE could have been our replacement running back for Curt Warner.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Back on topic, the Beastquake run is not only the best run in NFL history in my completely unbiased opinion, it has the distinction of having been done twice. It was that good.

After the Beastquake II run, someone did a video that superimposed the two runs, in much the same way they do for 40 yard runs at the combine. I think I saw it on NFLN sometime later. It was cool as anything, and I've never been able to fine it online.