Russell Wilson and Andrew Luck have played 7 common teams

kidhawk

Reaction score
Thanks for the link

I'm not surprised by this at all, but it's nice to see the actual breakdown.

XxxZagnutxxX

Reaction score
I highlighted a couple of key stats that Wilson is clearly better than Luck.

QB Luck Wilson
W-L 4-3 5-2
Action plays 393 273
Dropbacks 354 221
Completions 177 123
Attempts 327 190
Comp. pct. 54.1 64.7
Pass yards 2,333 1,537
Yards/attempt 7.1 8.1
Pass TD 13 16
INT 12 1
NFL rating 74.9 115.6
Sack rate 4.8% 5.4%
Pass FD 108 74
Avg. pass dist. 10.3 9.6
30+ passes 10 8
Rushes 18 39
Rush yards 95 214
Rush TD 1 0
Rush FD 8 15
Fumbles 6 4
Fumbles lost 3 2
QB PAA +22.6 +30.7
QB PAR +55.2 +53.3
Total QBR 68.2 81.6
Source: ESPN Stats & Information

Edit: 3 more TD's on 137 fewer pass attempts really stands out.

Hawksfan78

Reaction score
Thats why it kills me that the media doesnt give RW more love. It conversations for ROTY should be about RG3 and RW, NOT Luck and RG3.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
There are all sides to the debate. I'm biased because I've long been a Wilson guy (all the way back to NC State), but to me it's between him and RGIII.

I'm just not as impressed with Luck as the media is trying to convince me I should be. He's good, and will probably be great when the team around him gets better...but I wouldn't trade Wilson for him. I mean that.

At the end of the day, how cool is it just to have our rookie QB included in this conversation? Not many expected that before the season.

grizbob

Reaction score
Loved it!! Thanks man :th2thumbs: :thirishdrinkers:

jlwaters1

Reaction score
pretty amazing. I like the line in the Sando post that RW leads the LEAGUE in QBR since week 6.

"Wilson leads the NFL in Total QBR from Week 6 to present. Luck is 10th over that span. Luck ranks sixth for the season. Wilson is 11th and rising. "

mikeak

Reaction score
razgriz737":9yl32ohi said:
I like how DangeRuss has far fewer attempts, yet more TD's.

The argument can go two ways. Sure RW looks better because of this but others would say that this proves that Luck has to throw the ball way more, everyone knows that he will throw the ball and can defend differently and that RW benefits very much from a much better running game.

Luck did come in to a team that won 1 game last year (or did they win 2? - doesn't matter they sucked).

They are all fantastic players and I think Luck, RG3 and RW will be future HOFers and have multiple superbowl rings and honestly I only care about one thing - does RW bring at least one of those rings to Seattle....

Cartire

Reaction score
mikeak":28ecv6no said:
razgriz737":28ecv6no said:
I like how DangeRuss has far fewer attempts, yet more TD's.

The argument can go two ways. Sure RW looks better because of this but others would say that this proves that Luck has to throw the ball way more, everyone knows that he will throw the ball and can defend differently and that RW benefits very much from a much better running game.

Luck did come in to a team that won 1 game last year (or did they win 2? - doesn't matter they sucked).

They are all fantastic players and I think Luck, RG3 and RW will be future HOFers and have multiple superbowl rings and honestly I only care about one thing - does RW bring at least one of those rings to Seattle....

I think this argument holds no weight. And this is the Luck Lovers biggest argument.

"He took at 2-14 team and has them running into the playoffs"

Does everyone forget that in 2010, this same team was in the playoffs. What happened? Peyton gets injured and Painter goes in. Painter, I REPEAT, I WOULD RATHER USE MARK SANCHEZ THEN PAINTER. Luck isnt a bad QB, but is stats are the only truth he has and his stats are above normal at best. Hes not carrying this team when his 5 4th Quarter comebacks only happen cause he threw the picks that got them into the mess. Luck was the most hyped QB of all time prior to the draft. The media will find any reason they can to keep in as ROY.

mikeak

Reaction score
Andrew Luck has thrown 524 passes second to only Stafford. The team may be better than their record last year but he is carrying them on his back in regards to having to throw more than almost every other qb in the league. You cannot discount that this is important and just say RW is better because he throws less.

I am not saying one is better than the other but it should be expected that a qb with that many more throws have a higher number of int's.

What is being noticed and getting press is 9td's and ZERO ints. If this keeps up RW will keep rising on the ROY discussions

themunn

Reaction score
You'll have to do some real work to convince me that the Colts didn't mail it in last year knowing Luck was there for the taking.

One thing I have to point out when everyone's talking about Luck's play, and suffixing everything Wilson does with "but he has a great defense".
Yes Luck had an amazing comeback from 12pts down with 4 minutes left. Yes it's impressive. But the Lions got the ball back with 2.39 left. Then they had a first down with 2.29 left, and the Colts 1 TO All they had to do was grab a first down and it was over. But the Colts D came up with the stop, giving Luck the ball back with 1.07 left.

Our D couldn't do that. They allowed a 16 play drive to leave us with 20 second left to score again. They forced 3 third downs on the drive and allowed Detroit to convert them all. And they took the lead.

The Colts don't have some 3rd string defense out there, it still makes plays

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Here's the most telling stats, imo. These are to date for the year.

Russell Wilson's TD% (percentage of passes thrown resulting in a TD, min. 14 passes thrown per game) is 6.0%.

Andrew Luck's is only 3.4%.

Russell Wilson's INT% (percentage of passes thrown resulting in an INT, min. 14 passes thrown per game) is only 2.5%.

Andrew Luck's is 3.2%.

To put Russell's numbers (6.0/2.5) in perspective, Marino's career numbers are 5.0/3.0, Montana's are 5.1/2.6, Warren Moon's are 4.3/3.4, Elway's are 4.1/3.1, Steve Young's are 5.6/2.6. Different era, I know.

Modern day elite QBs.... Aaron Rogers career numbers top the list at 6.4/1.8... pretty amazing numbers... Brady's are 5.6/2.1... Peyton's are 5.6/2.7... Eli's are 4.6/3.2... Drew Brees' are 5.0/2.9.

Hass's numbers while with the Hawks are 4.1/3.0.

Sam Bradford's are 2.8/2.2.

Andy Dalton's are 4.7/2.8.

And recall that Russell's number are for all 12 games thus far... not just the last 6 games.

mikeak

Reaction score
themunn":1fhp3ywe said:
You'll have to do some real work to convince me that the Colts didn't mail it in last year knowing Luck was there for the taking.

It has been said many times on here - please give me the reason a coach would tank the season as that will get him fired and if anything just make the next guy look better........ exactly what happened by the way

In regards to the colts - why would they win in week 15 and 16 if they were tanking for luck? it would be one thing to give it up in week 17 and not try but to win in week 15 and 16 if they were tanking all the way would be stupid. Remember St Louis ended up with 2-14 record as well and Minnesota went 3-13

Scottemojo

Reaction score
mikeak":2hb4jkej said:
Andrew Luck has thrown 524 passes second to only Stafford. The team may be better than their record last year but he is carrying them on his back in regards to having to throw more than almost every other qb in the league. You cannot discount that this is important and just say RW is better because he throws less.

I am not saying one is better than the other but it should be expected that a qb with that many more throws have a higher number of int's.

What is being noticed and getting press is 9td's and ZERO ints. If this keeps up RW will keep rising on the ROY discussions
The Colts are 17th in rush yards, but 13th in rush attempts. They are hardly a non-running team. Now clearly they are a pass first team, but characterizing them as a team that only want to pass is silly.

Besides, if one should expect the QB who throws more to have more interceptions, then why does Russell have more touchdowns? There is a disconnect in your argument, I'd say.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
mikeak":2m7nb4zq said:

Yes -- he has 200+ attempts more than Wilson, and yet Wilson has more TD passes. Even more impressive is Wilson's completion % and far fewer picks.

Latest posts