The Next Big Thing

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
The Next Big Thing
Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:08 pm

Re: The Next Big Thing
Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:13 pm
  • Everyone in the national media likes Russell Wilson so much that they want him to be the next big thing. A lot of the people are predicting Seattle to go deep into the playoffs next year and If RW wins it all then he is gonna be proving their predictions right. National media loves it when they are right about things. Watch them go crazy over RW n the Seahawks after that...
    Richard Sherman to Skip Bayless: "I'm tired of your ignorant pollution!"

    Follow me on twitter: @seahawks_fan12
    User avatar
    SeahawksFanForever
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1994
    Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:11 pm


Re: The Next Big Thing
Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:19 pm
  • that second guy is a derp "Der derp im just going to go along with token answers even though the last time seattle played SF they killed them and the patriots aren't going to get any better as tom brady gets older". derp derp.
    Image
    User avatar
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2822
    Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:51 am


Re: The Next Big Thing
Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:07 pm
  • Hawknballs wrote:that second guy is a derp "Der derp im just going to go along with token answers even though the last time seattle played SF they killed them and the patriots aren't going to get any better as tom brady gets older". derp derp.


    But wait, he said the Niners are a young solid, physical football team that is built to last. Does he not know the heart of that defense that puts it all together and makes Aldon Smith relevant is turning 34 in September and struggled with injury this year? Not to mention Harbaugh play's his defenders nearly every snap of every game and contributes to the odds Justin Smith will incur more injuries.

    Uhm, the young defense is in Seattle ya maroon. A smarter analysis would be to expect a decline from the Niner's D and another step forward for Seattle's.
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3026
    Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 7:26 am


Re: The Next Big Thing
Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:04 pm
  • I think I will chime in here. :)

    While obviously the Niners are going to be the stylish pick to repeat next year if they win it this year just like the media always predicts a repeat LOL, most of us fans aren't that much of a homer to think they would just because they got there this year. That being said, the guy on the right is no doubt taking into account that Justin Smith will be 100% next season to start off, and also the most likely possibility that Harbaugh will start limiting the snaps for our veteran players just like he does for Frank Gore by rotating him with LMJ.

    And I hope that nobody thinks that just because you guys crushed us in Seattle this year automatically means that you are the better team. In fact it was reported by many analysts that what contributed to our defensive troubles in Seattle had everything to do with the fact that our defense played like 96 snaps during our victory over the Patriots the game before and you guys benefited off an exhausted team. This is why the analysts don't really take that game into account or include it in their thinking like somebody stated above.

    Justin Smith was also injured for that game remember? ;)

    And for the record, I agree that the Seahawks will make the playoffs next year...via wild card of course! ;)
    DISCLAIMER:

    The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    User avatar
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 690
    Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:30 pm


Re: The Next Big Thing
Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:27 pm
  • NinerLifer wrote: And I hope that nobody thinks that just because you guys crushed us in Seattle this year automatically means that you are the better team. In fact it was reported by many analysts that what contributed to our defensive troubles in Seattle had everything to do with the fact that our defense played like 96 snaps during our victory over the Patriots the game before and you guys benefited off an exhausted team. This is why the analysts don't really take that game into account or include it in their thinking like somebody stated above.

    Justin Smith was also injured for that game remember? ;)

    And for the record, I agree that the Seahawks will make the playoffs next year...via wild card of course! ;)

    HEY... SH!T FOR BRAINS... THE NFCW IS OURS. GO HOME. YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.
    your Superbowl XLVIII Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    User avatar
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3106
    Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:59 am


Re: The Next Big Thing
Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:13 pm
  • NinerLifer wrote:I think I will chime in here. :)

    While obviously the Niners are going to be the stylish pick to repeat next year if they win it this year just like the media always predicts a repeat LOL, most of us fans aren't that much of a homer to think they would just because they got there this year. That being said, the guy on the right is no doubt taking into account that Justin Smith will be 100% next season to start off, and also the most likely possibility that Harbaugh will start limiting the snaps for our veteran players just like he does for Frank Gore by rotating him with LMJ.

    And I hope that nobody thinks that just because you guys crushed us in Seattle this year automatically means that you are the better team. In fact it was reported by many analysts that what contributed to our defensive troubles in Seattle had everything to do with the fact that our defense played like 96 snaps during our victory over the Patriots the game before and you guys benefited off an exhausted team. This is why the analysts don't really take that game into account or include it in their thinking like somebody stated above.

    Justin Smith was also injured for that game remember? ;)

    And for the record, I agree that the Seahawks will make the playoffs next year...via wild card of course! ;)


    The main cog in your defensive wheel is turning 34 in September and already showing signs of age. The Niner defense last year didn't allow a single rushing TD all year until Lynch did it and then you gave up two more the following week. This year your run defense is much more questionable than last and you should expect the same next year. Add to that if your front seven isn't as dominant, your secondary will become much more volatile. Right now your LB's and Aldon Smith live and breath by what Justin Smith is doing for you. Take him out even for breathers and your defense is diminished. If he gets injured again and it is more likely than this or last year not to mention if he is losing a step, your great defense becomes much more average and it is a little harder to find allpro Dlineman than you might think.

    Your argument is weak about over playing your defense so they were tired. We also just had an epic game the week before traveling to your house but were on a short week playing you on Thursday night and you won by 7 and that was with Justin Smith. I didn't hear any analysts saying you benefited from our tired defense. I do agree both teams were off a bit in each others house. Our receivers dropped more balls that game then any three combined but the difference was you were able to squeak by us while we on less rest, were able to (your words) crush you.

    Enjoy your run because it is nearly over and I am not as confident you will make the playoffs next year as you are of us. I believe your defense will take a step back and your opponents defense will better defend Kaepernicks scrambling, forcing him to improve his pocket passing and reading defenses. I also think the Rams will take yet another step forward and they already seem to have your number. I wouldn't be surprised if the Niners finished third in the division and didn't make the playoffs at all.

    It's not just Justin Smith either. Gore is getting long in the tooth also and he is the heart of your offense. This is why I commented on the guy on the right saying you are a young team and built to stay that way. It ignores possibly the two best players on your team rapidly approaching their expiration dates. The shoe is getting ready to drop and it is much closer than you think.
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3026
    Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 7:26 am


Re: The Next Big Thing
Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:23 pm
  • NinerLifer wrote:And I hope that nobody thinks that just because you guys crushed us in Seattle this year automatically means that you are the better team.


    Agreed. Neither Justin Smith nor Vernon Davis were a factor in that game.
    GO HAWKS!!!

    Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

    Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    User avatar
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *
     
    Posts: 11351
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am


Re: The Next Big Thing
Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:39 pm
  • Regarding the tenor of the Seahawks vs 9ers games, over the past 3 years the last 3 games have been really good slobberknockers. Coach Harbaugh's first one was also close but both teams were not really gelling yet due to the lockout and the 9ers pulled away thanks to Ginn. The year before, it was Singletary's swan song but a royal ass kicking. Pete's first game back in the Pros was more a turnover fest by Smith and Hasselbeck burning a gambling corner.

    This last game was a rout but it was joyfully unexpected. The first one for Wilson was competitive but the offense and then the defense couldn't make enough plays.

    So just looking back and forward, one would expect the games to take on the tone of a Ravens/Steelers match. Probably for the next 2-3 years I suspect. Would love for the Seahawks to be dominant and go on a run of victories but I doubt that will be the case.

    We will find out how things shake out when the next season starts. The current one has about 48 hrs left. Must be nice to take it all the way to the end. Figure all the 9ers folks would be over at the Ravens site going back and forth on who will win it this year. Must have rotating scout duty to keep an eye on the great unwashed.
    Last edited by drdiags on Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Image
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    User avatar
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *
     
    Posts: 9362
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:33 am
    Location: Covington, Washington


Re: The Next Big Thing
Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:48 pm
  • RichNhansom wrote:
    NinerLifer wrote:I think I will chime in here. :)

    While obviously the Niners are going to be the stylish pick to repeat next year if they win it this year just like the media always predicts a repeat LOL, most of us fans aren't that much of a homer to think they would just because they got there this year. That being said, the guy on the right is no doubt taking into account that Justin Smith will be 100% next season to start off, and also the most likely possibility that Harbaugh will start limiting the snaps for our veteran players just like he does for Frank Gore by rotating him with LMJ.

    And I hope that nobody thinks that just because you guys crushed us in Seattle this year automatically means that you are the better team. In fact it was reported by many analysts that what contributed to our defensive troubles in Seattle had everything to do with the fact that our defense played like 96 snaps during our victory over the Patriots the game before and you guys benefited off an exhausted team. This is why the analysts don't really take that game into account or include it in their thinking like somebody stated above.

    Justin Smith was also injured for that game remember? ;)

    And for the record, I agree that the Seahawks will make the playoffs next year...via wild card of course! ;)


    The main cog in your defensive wheel is turning 34 in September and already showing signs of age. The Niner defense last year didn't allow a single rushing TD all year until Lynch did it and then you gave up two more the following week. This year your run defense is much more questionable than last and you should expect the same next year. Add to that if your front seven isn't as dominant, your secondary will become much more volatile. Right now your LB's and Aldon Smith live and breath by what Justin Smith is doing for you. Take him out even for breathers and your defense is diminished. If he gets injured again and it is more likely than this or last year not to mention if he is losing a step, your great defense becomes much more average and it is a little harder to find allpro Dlineman than you might think.

    Your argument is weak about over playing your defense so they were tired. We also just had an epic game the week before traveling to your house but were on a short week playing you on Thursday night and you won by 7 and that was with Justin Smith. I didn't hear any analysts saying you benefited from our tired defense. I do agree both teams were off a bit in each others house. Our receivers dropped more balls that game then any three combined but the difference was you were able to squeak by us while we on less rest, were able to (your words) crush you.

    Enjoy your run because it is nearly over and I am not as confident you will make the playoffs next year as you are of us. I believe your defense will take a step back and your opponents defense will better defend Kaepernicks scrambling, forcing him to improve his pocket passing and reading defenses. I also think the Rams will take yet another step forward and they already seem to have your number. I wouldn't be surprised if the Niners finished third in the division and didn't make the playoffs at all.

    It's not just Justin Smith either. Gore is getting long in the tooth also and he is the heart of your offense. This is why I commented on the guy on the right saying you are a young team and built to stay that way. It ignores possibly the two best players on your team rapidly approaching their expiration dates. The shoe is getting ready to drop and it is much closer than you think.


    Well now I see what outsiders who come to 49ers.com mean when they call us homers LOL.

    Obviously I know I am not going to be awarded a win in any argument in this thread by you guys. Everything I mention in regards to the Niners are things that are stated by the majority of the analysts who know a lot more about football than we do. So I am not creating the news, I am just restating it.

    And don't get confidence confused with respect. I respect your team in regards that it is obvious that this season they took a huge step in the right direction. But there are many teams that have a breakout season, who fall off the map the very next year ( Lions for example ). I am not "guaranteeing" that will happen with you guys, but based on this season I have enough respect for your team to take them seriously to start out the next. But I am not going to bet on it either, just as I am not going to bet on the Niners winning SB 48 at this point either.

    But like I have said before, I look forward to our matchups next year as it will make for some good football. So far PC is 1 for 4 against JH in the NFL, we shall see if he can improve his record next year, as I must admit that the rivalry between our coaches makes our matchups that much more amusing.
    DISCLAIMER:

    The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    User avatar
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 690
    Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:30 pm


Re: The Next Big Thing
Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:50 pm
  • onanygivensunday wrote:
    NinerLifer wrote: And I hope that nobody thinks that just because you guys crushed us in Seattle this year automatically means that you are the better team. In fact it was reported by many analysts that what contributed to our defensive troubles in Seattle had everything to do with the fact that our defense played like 96 snaps during our victory over the Patriots the game before and you guys benefited off an exhausted team. This is why the analysts don't really take that game into account or include it in their thinking like somebody stated above.

    Justin Smith was also injured for that game remember? ;)

    And for the record, I agree that the Seahawks will make the playoffs next year...via wild card of course! ;)

    HEY... SH!T FOR BRAINS... THE NFCW IS OURS. GO HOME. YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.


    Neither are you with responses like this.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 18623
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: The Next Big Thing
Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:22 pm
  • Heard on Brock n Salk this afternoon them call that hit on VD "Good Wheel Hunting" I almost laughed as hard as when someone called Kam, Penicillin cause he Knocks out VD.

    I would just like to point out WE dropped 7 passes the first game and WE broke it off in your a## the second game. I really hope you don't think you are just so much better then us, that it was a fluke we beat you because Russ is gonna make Crap his bitch for every year after this. Oh wait Crap was already his bitch this year it was Smith that beat us. Let US also point out the pathetic 26 points you mustered in 2 games, not even bringing up the last TD ya scored wasn't one. I could continue but it is a waste of time bringing up logic and reason to ninerfans

    Good day :stirthepot:
    "Go Hawks" Russlemainia
    Adopt a Rookie - Jackson Jeffcoat
    User avatar
    SeaHawk80
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 244
    Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:53 am
    Location: Pe Ell, WA


Re: The Next Big Thing
Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:09 pm
  • Everything I mention in regards to the Niners are things that are stated by the majority of the analysts who know a lot more about football than we do. So I am not creating the news, I am just restating it.

    "'majority of the analysts who know a lot more about football than we do""...hahaha..I think not,..majority dont know shit about the the NFCW. go away fanboy












    n
    User avatar
    BGHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 702
    Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 7:32 am
    Location: Battleground,WA


Re: The Next Big Thing
Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:21 pm
  • NinerLifer wrote:
    RichNhansom wrote:
    NinerLifer wrote:I think I will chime in here. :)

    While obviously the Niners are going to be the stylish pick to repeat next year if they win it this year just like the media always predicts a repeat LOL, most of us fans aren't that much of a homer to think they would just because they got there this year. That being said, the guy on the right is no doubt taking into account that Justin Smith will be 100% next season to start off, and also the most likely possibility that Harbaugh will start limiting the snaps for our veteran players just like he does for Frank Gore by rotating him with LMJ.

    And I hope that nobody thinks that just because you guys crushed us in Seattle this year automatically means that you are the better team. In fact it was reported by many analysts that what contributed to our defensive troubles in Seattle had everything to do with the fact that our defense played like 96 snaps during our victory over the Patriots the game before and you guys benefited off an exhausted team. This is why the analysts don't really take that game into account or include it in their thinking like somebody stated above.

    Justin Smith was also injured for that game remember? ;)

    And for the record, I agree that the Seahawks will make the playoffs next year...via wild card of course! ;)


    The main cog in your defensive wheel is turning 34 in September and already showing signs of age. The Niner defense last year didn't allow a single rushing TD all year until Lynch did it and then you gave up two more the following week. This year your run defense is much more questionable than last and you should expect the same next year. Add to that if your front seven isn't as dominant, your secondary will become much more volatile. Right now your LB's and Aldon Smith live and breath by what Justin Smith is doing for you. Take him out even for breathers and your defense is diminished. If he gets injured again and it is more likely than this or last year not to mention if he is losing a step, your great defense becomes much more average and it is a little harder to find allpro Dlineman than you might think.

    Your argument is weak about over playing your defense so they were tired. We also just had an epic game the week before traveling to your house but were on a short week playing you on Thursday night and you won by 7 and that was with Justin Smith. I didn't hear any analysts saying you benefited from our tired defense. I do agree both teams were off a bit in each others house. Our receivers dropped more balls that game then any three combined but the difference was you were able to squeak by us while we on less rest, were able to (your words) crush you.

    Enjoy your run because it is nearly over and I am not as confident you will make the playoffs next year as you are of us. I believe your defense will take a step back and your opponents defense will better defend Kaepernicks scrambling, forcing him to improve his pocket passing and reading defenses. I also think the Rams will take yet another step forward and they already seem to have your number. I wouldn't be surprised if the Niners finished third in the division and didn't make the playoffs at all.

    It's not just Justin Smith either. Gore is getting long in the tooth also and he is the heart of your offense. This is why I commented on the guy on the right saying you are a young team and built to stay that way. It ignores possibly the two best players on your team rapidly approaching their expiration dates. The shoe is getting ready to drop and it is much closer than you think.


    Well now I see what outsiders who come to 49ers.com mean when they call us homers LOL.

    Obviously I know I am not going to be awarded a win in any argument in this thread by you guys. Everything I mention in regards to the Niners are things that are stated by the majority of the analysts who know a lot more about football than we do. So I am not creating the news, I am just restating it.

    And don't get confidence confused with respect. I respect your team in regards that it is obvious that this season they took a huge step in the right direction. But there are many teams that have a breakout season, who fall off the map the very next year ( Lions for example ). I am not "guaranteeing" that will happen with you guys, but based on this season I have enough respect for your team to take them seriously to start out the next. But I am not going to bet on it either, just as I am not going to bet on the Niners winning SB 48 at this point either.

    But like I have said before, I look forward to our matchups next year as it will make for some good football. So far PC is 1 for 4 against JH in the NFL, we shall see if he can improve his record next year, as I must admit that the rivalry between our coaches makes our matchups that much more amusing.


    The analyst your referring to on this topic obviously doesn't know what he is talking about or he wouldn't have compared Seattle and San Francisco and made the comment they are young and built to stay that way. It is fairly obvious to anyone who knows anything of the two teams, Seattle is the younger and more likely team to stay that way as I pointed out. Just because an analyst says something you like doesn't make him knowledgeable.

    As for a breakout season. The Niners were the team with a breakout season. The Seahawks have obviously been building up to this since Pete and Johns arrival. The only thing that held us back last year was Tarvaris Jackson and that problem has obviously been fixed. This year we need to improve our pass rush to achieve yet another level of progression but even without it this year against some of the best QB's in the game we were still among the leagues elite and #1 against the most important defensive stat of points allowed.

    I have explained why I think the Niners are reaching the end of their window. Please explain what part of the Seahawks you expect to digress next year.
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3026
    Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 7:26 am


Re: The Next Big Thing
Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:29 pm
  • Niners fan doing what Niners fans do. Pretend that their viewpoint is widely accepted fact and that they are bringing rational analysis and critical thinking to an otherwise wildly homerific conversation.

    The Hawks whooped the Niners in embarrassing fashion all you've got are excuses. If your defense and especially Aldon Smith turn to crap when Smith is out, how good is your defense? What happened to the vaunted 49ers depth we hear so much about? I'm not even going to dignify the "but we was soooooo tired" excuse with a response.
    User avatar
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2836
    Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: The Next Big Thing
Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:29 am
  • pinksheets wrote:Niners fan doing what Niners fans do. Pretend that their viewpoint is widely accepted fact and that they are bringing rational analysis and critical thinking to an otherwise wildly homerific conversation.

    The Hawks whooped the Niners in embarrassing fashion all you've got are excuses. If your defense and especially Aldon Smith turn to crap when Smith is out, how good is your defense? What happened to the vaunted 49ers depth we hear so much about? I'm not even going to dignify the "but we was soooooo tired" excuse with a response.


    It seems that the majority of fans on here are clinging to one game against us as the reason for their belief that they are better.

    The analyst your referring to on this topic obviously doesn't know what he is talking about or he wouldn't have compared Seattle and San Francisco and made the comment they are young and built to stay that way. It is fairly obvious to anyone who knows anything of the two teams, Seattle is the younger and more likely team to stay that way as I pointed out. Just because an analyst says something you like doesn't make him knowledgeable.


    I didn't say "analyst", I said "analystS".

    And the comment made above in regards to "the touchdown that wasn't" proved that I am not going to receive a non-homeristic reply in this thread apparently, except for 1 reply I believe so far. Just because a player on the Seahawks tries to convince a ref that the catch was bobbled, doesn't make it true...especially after the replay that us tv viewers got to see courtesy of the network proved it was in fact a catch. PC even knew better than to challenge it.

    As for a breakout season. The Niners were the team with a breakout season.


    So you are claiming we had 2 break out seasons in a row? That doesnt even make any sense man. This season proved that last year wasn't a fluke. Next year your team will be faced with the same task of convincing the world that this year wasn't a fluke in Seattle.
    DISCLAIMER:

    The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    User avatar
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 690
    Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:30 pm


Re: The Next Big Thing
Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:24 am
  • NinerLifer wrote:
    pinksheets wrote:Niners fan doing what Niners fans do. Pretend that their viewpoint is widely accepted fact and that they are bringing rational analysis and critical thinking to an otherwise wildly homerific conversation.

    The Hawks whooped the Niners in embarrassing fashion all you've got are excuses. If your defense and especially Aldon Smith turn to crap when Smith is out, how good is your defense? What happened to the vaunted 49ers depth we hear so much about? I'm not even going to dignify the "but we was soooooo tired" excuse with a response.


    It seems that the majority of fans on here are clinging to one game against us as the reason for their belief that they are better.

    The analyst your referring to on this topic obviously doesn't know what he is talking about or he wouldn't have compared Seattle and San Francisco and made the comment they are young and built to stay that way. It is fairly obvious to anyone who knows anything of the two teams, Seattle is the younger and more likely team to stay that way as I pointed out. Just because an analyst says something you like doesn't make him knowledgeable.


    I didn't say "analyst", I said "analystS".

    And the comment made above in regards to "the touchdown that wasn't" proved that I am not going to receive a non-homeristic reply in this thread apparently, except for 1 reply I believe so far. Just because a player on the Seahawks tries to convince a ref that the catch was bobbled, doesn't make it true...especially after the replay that us tv viewers got to see courtesy of the network proved it was in fact a catch. PC even knew better than to challenge it.

    As for a breakout season. The Niners were the team with a breakout season.


    So you are claiming we had 2 break out seasons in a row? That doesnt even make any sense man. This season proved that last year wasn't a fluke. Next year your team will be faced with the same task of convincing the world that this year wasn't a fluke in Seattle.


    I think the best one yet was bringing up Carroll and Harbaugh. If you really think it is a fair assessment of coaching between these two when Harbaugh pretty much inherited a complete team. What exactly did he rebuild? Only thing he has done is draft Kaepernick. How did your first round pick do this year? Might want to back up your arguments with some logic before coming here just saying. I have respect for the 49ers and you are a good team. Next 5 years is going to be totally insane. Nothing wrong with having confidence in your team but when you see us coming up on the schedule you can't tell me it doesn't give you the pucker factor. Our offense is just beginning to get started. Saying Justin Smith wasn't healthy sure it was a big deal. You really think our D line was healthy? Red Bryant was essentially playing on one foot the last half of the season. I am pretty sure Branch and Mebane were nicked up also. It happens it's part of the game. Let's just say we had your number this year. Next year could be worse for you guys or it could be better we will see.
    Kelly.Orr
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 324
    Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:37 pm


Re: The Next Big Thing
Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:39 am
  • Hey guys lighten up on the poor niner fans.
    It's scary when the window is closing on you HARD and FAST.

    The house of cards starts tumbling with the tarnishing of their dusty, but currently unblemished Superbowl record. And while the silly, delusional fan-base will only have recollection of the big game they lost, they'll still crow about the ones they won before they even knew what football was.

    I, for one, hope all the new whiner fans stick around so I don't have to go too far to witness the catastrophic bandwagon implosion.

    GO HAWKS!!
    "Doug Baldwin doesn't get separation, he gets a divorce." -NorthDallas40oz
    User avatar
    jman316
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 366
    Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 10:46 am
    Location: Kingston, WA


Re: The Next Big Thing
Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:15 am
  • jman316 wrote:Hey guys lighten up on the poor niner fans.
    It's scary when the window is closing on you HARD and FAST.

    The house of cards starts tumbling with the tarnishing of their dusty, but currently unblemished Superbowl record. And while the silly, delusional fan-base will only have recollection of the big game they lost, they'll still crow about the ones they won before they even knew what football was.

    I, for one, hope all the new whiner fans stick around so I don't have to go too far to witness the catastrophic bandwagon implosion.

    GO HAWKS!!


    LOL
    DISCLAIMER:

    The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    User avatar
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 690
    Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:30 pm


Re: The Next Big Thing
Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:20 am
  • Kelly.Orr wrote:
    NinerLifer wrote:
    pinksheets wrote:Niners fan doing what Niners fans do. Pretend that their viewpoint is widely accepted fact and that they are bringing rational analysis and critical thinking to an otherwise wildly homerific conversation.

    The Hawks whooped the Niners in embarrassing fashion all you've got are excuses. If your defense and especially Aldon Smith turn to crap when Smith is out, how good is your defense? What happened to the vaunted 49ers depth we hear so much about? I'm not even going to dignify the "but we was soooooo tired" excuse with a response.


    It seems that the majority of fans on here are clinging to one game against us as the reason for their belief that they are better.

    The analyst your referring to on this topic obviously doesn't know what he is talking about or he wouldn't have compared Seattle and San Francisco and made the comment they are young and built to stay that way. It is fairly obvious to anyone who knows anything of the two teams, Seattle is the younger and more likely team to stay that way as I pointed out. Just because an analyst says something you like doesn't make him knowledgeable.


    I didn't say "analyst", I said "analystS".

    And the comment made above in regards to "the touchdown that wasn't" proved that I am not going to receive a non-homeristic reply in this thread apparently, except for 1 reply I believe so far. Just because a player on the Seahawks tries to convince a ref that the catch was bobbled, doesn't make it true...especially after the replay that us tv viewers got to see courtesy of the network proved it was in fact a catch. PC even knew better than to challenge it.

    As for a breakout season. The Niners were the team with a breakout season.


    So you are claiming we had 2 break out seasons in a row? That doesnt even make any sense man. This season proved that last year wasn't a fluke. Next year your team will be faced with the same task of convincing the world that this year wasn't a fluke in Seattle.


    I think the best one yet was bringing up Carroll and Harbaugh. If you really think it is a fair assessment of coaching between these two when Harbaugh pretty much inherited a complete team. What exactly did he rebuild? Only thing he has done is draft Kaepernick. How did your first round pick do this year? Might want to back up your arguments with some logic before coming here just saying. I have respect for the 49ers and you are a good team. Next 5 years is going to be totally insane. Nothing wrong with having confidence in your team but when you see us coming up on the schedule you can't tell me it doesn't give you the pucker factor. Our offense is just beginning to get started. Saying Justin Smith wasn't healthy sure it was a big deal. You really think our D line was healthy? Red Bryant was essentially playing on one foot the last half of the season. I am pretty sure Branch and Mebane were nicked up also. It happens it's part of the game. Let's just say we had your number this year. Next year could be worse for you guys or it could be better we will see.


    Comparing Harbaugh and PC is like comparing apples and oranges.

    PC had to rebuild a team which takes time. Harbaugh had to take over a team that had all the pieces but just lacked a coach to use them properly. Both coaches have done great so far with what they have been asked to do. Harbaugh hasn't had to rebuild a team yet so we won't know how well he is at it for a long time. Harbaugh has proved he is an excellent judge of talent.
    DISCLAIMER:

    The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    User avatar
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 690
    Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:30 pm


Re: The Next Big Thing
Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:34 am
  • Quote: Harbaugh has proved he is an excellent judge of talent.

    He has? Well I think Sherman and Baldwin might disagree with that statement and rightfully so.
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3026
    Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 7:26 am


Re: The Next Big Thing
Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:29 pm
  • RichNhansom wrote:Quote: Harbaugh has proved he is an excellent judge of talent.

    He has? Well I think Sherman and Baldwin might disagree with that statement and rightfully so.


    Aldon Smith, Colin Kaepernick, Kendall Hunter, and Chris Culliver wouldn't.

    Now yes even Harbaugh I'm sure regrets not taking Baldwin, us Niner fans wondered why he didn't pick up Sherman instead of Culliver. After the antics of Sherman this year, while sometimes funny to watch, it is believed that Harbaugh didn't want to take a chance with his ego in the pros. But who knows what the real story is. Yes Sherman had a breakout year this season, but he was also coincidentally linked to PED'S and got off on a technicality. We'll see how he does next season when he is guaranteed to be clean.
    DISCLAIMER:

    The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    User avatar
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 690
    Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:30 pm


Re: The Next Big Thing
Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:35 pm
  • Aldon Smith without Justin Smith equals zero production. Kaepernick still has much to prove, Culver completely disqualifies the Sherman "supposed Ego" with his gay bashing and Hunters 400 yards a season isn't helping your argument considering he plays behind one of the best O-lines in football.

    Harbaugh didn't just not take Baldwin and Sherman, he is why Sherman went from being Stanfords #1 receiver his freshman and Softmore years to a CB after Sherman chose surgery his Junior year instead of playing injured and he passed on Baldwin 7 times (or how ever many picks he had that year and Sherman at least 5 and he should have had more information on both of those guys than anyone. Those two should have been absolute no brainer picks for him and he flat out missed.

    Hows AJ Green working out? #7 overall pick and active for only three games and has zero catch's on the year? Wow that's real impressive. In fact did any of this years draft class even produce anything at all?

    Not a solid argument if you ask me.

    Here's a suggestion. Why don't you critique Pete's drafts the last three years if you like. I think you will be embarrassed if you compare the two teams and you should be. Not to mention a little worried.
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3026
    Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 7:26 am


Re: The Next Big Thing
Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:56 pm
  • NinerLifer wrote:I think I will chime in here. :)

    While obviously the Niners are going to be the stylish pick to repeat next year if they win it this year just like the media always predicts a repeat LOL, most of us fans aren't that much of a homer to think they would just because they got there this year. That being said, the guy on the right is no doubt taking into account that Justin Smith will be 100% next season to start off, and also the most likely possibility that Harbaugh will start limiting the snaps for our veteran players just like he does for Frank Gore by rotating him with LMJ.

    And I hope that nobody thinks that just because you guys crushed us in Seattle this year automatically means that you are the better team. In fact it was reported by many analysts that what contributed to our defensive troubles in Seattle had everything to do with the fact that our defense played like 96 snaps during our victory over the Patriots the game before and you guys benefited off an exhausted team. This is why the analysts don't really take that game into account or include it in their thinking like somebody stated above.

    Justin Smith was also injured for that game remember? ;)

    And for the record, I agree that the Seahawks will make the playoffs next year...via wild card of course! ;)

    Been a while since I saw this many excuses.

    Lets see, San Fran scored 13 in Frisco. San Fran scored 13 in Seattle. With our without your best players, your offense was consistent. I agree you missed Justin, but not 29 points worth of Justin. And yeah, VD was out of the game, because he got himself knocked out.

    Oh, you forgot the other lame San Fran excuse for that loss, the WWLWWLWWTWWLWWL pattern bullshit.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    User avatar
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*
     
    Posts: 11341
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am


Re: The Next Big Thing
Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:36 pm
  • Wait for it...wait for it...3...2...1...




    "But we have 5 Super Bowl wins."
    User avatar
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2797
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:46 am


Re: The Next Big Thing
Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:29 pm
  • Two guys that don't know the teams intimately. Carroll has more bluprint to destroy the 9ers than vice versa. Kaepernick still has only a little better than half a season experience going into the 2013 season. He has fewer dimensions than Wilson. The Seahawks have only one 9er to neutralize...Justin Smith..then it's right back to basically the same matchup as our meeting in Seattle.

    I would not be surprised if we sweep the NFC West. No more training wheels. EVERY team we face next year including the 9ers will be playing not to lose. If we show up in every game with any kind of a first half burst I don't see an obstical to as good a season as is possible.


    Call me crazy. The next big thing will be the next undefeated team in the NFL....YOUR Seattle Seahawks.
    User avatar
    HUGGY
    *NET Poop Holster*
     
    Posts: 310
    Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:07 pm
    Location: N. Seattle


Re: The Next Big Thing
Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:37 pm
  • HUGGY wrote:Two guys that don't know the teams intimately. Carroll has more bluprint to destroy the 9ers than vice versa. Kaepernick still has only a little better than half a season experience going into the 2013 season. He has fewer dimensions than Wilson. The Seahawks have only one 9er to neutralize...Justin Smith..then it's right back to basically the same matchup as our meeting in Seattle.

    I would not be surprised if we sweep the NFC West. No more training wheels. EVERY team we face next year including the 9ers will be playing not to lose. If we show up in every game with any kind of a first half burst I don't see an obstical to as good a season as is possible.


    Call me crazy. The next big thing will be the next undefeated team in the NFL....YOUR Seattle Seahawks.


    Wow...ok you are crazy.

    A little better than half a season..
    . Are we comparing the experience level between Kaep and RW now? I'm pretty sure that Kaep is somewhere that RW has never been before right now.

    He has fewer dimensions than Wilson
    What dimensions does RW have that Kaep doesn't? This I can't wait to read your reply of.
    DISCLAIMER:

    The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    User avatar
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 690
    Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:30 pm


Re: The Next Big Thing
Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:44 pm
  • NinerLifer wrote:
    HUGGY wrote:Two guys that don't know the teams intimately. Carroll has more bluprint to destroy the 9ers than vice versa. Kaepernick still has only a little better than half a season experience going into the 2013 season. He has fewer dimensions than Wilson. The Seahawks have only one 9er to neutralize...Justin Smith..then it's right back to basically the same matchup as our meeting in Seattle.

    I would not be surprised if we sweep the NFC West. No more training wheels. EVERY team we face next year including the 9ers will be playing not to lose. If we show up in every game with any kind of a first half burst I don't see an obstical to as good a season as is possible.


    Call me crazy. The next big thing will be the next undefeated team in the NFL....YOUR Seattle Seahawks.


    Wow...ok you are crazy.

    A little better than half a season..
    . Are we comparing the experience level between Kaep and RW now? I'm pretty sure that Kaep is somewhere that RW has never been before right now.

    He has fewer dimensions than Wilson
    What dimensions does RW have that Kaep doesn't? This I can't wait to read your reply of.


    Second base vs pitcher. Lateral speed + straight ahead speed of the second baseman offers 360 degrees in options escaping a sack as Wilson demonstrated in the last half of the season. Kaepernick although 2/100's of a second faster than Wilson in a straight line showed he lacks the lateral speed to escape from ALL available avenues. Wilson is just a better and more elusive QB in finding the time to stretch out a play and find an open reciever. When CK faces a truly fast defense such as Seattle the truth of which I speak becomes as clear as a deer in the headlights.


    CK is very good. He is very fast. He throws a great long ball when not under preasure. Unfortunately we will never know if the 9ers could fix all the holes they presented to the Seahawks in the 42-13 beating they took in Seattle two games before the playoffs for the want of Seattle running 10-15 seconds off the clock before scoring the tying TD and go-ahead PAT in Atlanta.
    Last edited by HUGGY on Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    User avatar
    HUGGY
    *NET Poop Holster*
     
    Posts: 310
    Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:07 pm
    Location: N. Seattle


Re: The Next Big Thing
Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:45 pm
  • Well, in Wilson's defense, he won his starting job in short order. Kaepernick got his due to injury after riding the pine for 1.5 years and was drafted higher...But yes, Wilson has not been in the position of preparing to play in the Super Bowl yet. The Seahawks didn't have the "luck" to suck for almost a decade, accruing a bunch of top players to have on the roster in time for an actual skilled head coach to come in and immediately contend with. We'll see you guys next year, NinerLifer, regardless of what happens tomorrow; and you can be damned sure you won't be rolling over us.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 26463
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: The Next Big Thing
Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:24 am
  • Ninerlifer, I think you are trolling. It is one thing to want to have a football conversation but you ignore any post that makes solid points and only respond with troll like comments to straw man type posts.

    Why are you ignoring valid points if you want to have a valid football conversation?

    You say that Harbaugh passed on Sherman (even in the 5th round) due to ego and based on his antics you justify the choice but what antics are you referring to? I absolutely love that he gets into the heads of opposing receivers and QB's. He is one of our best team leaders and backs up every word hat comes out of his mouth. As for the getting off the PED's on a technicality, then you must be assuming he is guilty so if that is the case, I guess you also assume that Crabtree raped the woman pressing charges? Right? You can't have it both ways.

    Sherman's technicality by the way, was a tainted sample. Proven to be tainted and also proven to not even have the same PH. Also the sample was taken sometime in September and he passed other tests during the season. So if you are trying to make the argument he only did well due to Aderall, then please explain how it was helping him in Oct, Nov, Dec and January were he was named an allpro.

    Question for you, would you prefer an allpro CB and team leader in the 5th round who may talk a little shit? Or an average CB who is stupid enough to publicly gay bash in the 3rd? If your answer is the 3rd, I would love to hear your reasoning.

    If you don't want to debate valid points and are only going to troll strawman posts's I suggest you move along. Your not welcome here if all your trying to do is stir shit up. It just makes you and your entire fan base look ignorant.
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3026
    Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 7:26 am


Re: The Next Big Thing
Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:25 am
  • HUGGY wrote:
    NinerLifer wrote:
    HUGGY wrote:Two guys that don't know the teams intimately. Carroll has more bluprint to destroy the 9ers than vice versa. Kaepernick still has only a little better than half a season experience going into the 2013 season. He has fewer dimensions than Wilson. The Seahawks have only one 9er to neutralize...Justin Smith..then it's right back to basically the same matchup as our meeting in Seattle.

    I would not be surprised if we sweep the NFC West. No more training wheels. EVERY team we face next year including the 9ers will be playing not to lose. If we show up in every game with any kind of a first half burst I don't see an obstical to as good a season as is possible.


    Call me crazy. The next big thing will be the next undefeated team in the NFL....YOUR Seattle Seahawks.


    Wow...ok you are crazy.

    A little better than half a season..
    . Are we comparing the experience level between Kaep and RW now? I'm pretty sure that Kaep is somewhere that RW has never been before right now.

    He has fewer dimensions than Wilson
    What dimensions does RW have that Kaep doesn't? This I can't wait to read your reply of.


    Second base vs pitcher. Lateral speed + straight ahead speed of the second baseman offers 360 degrees in options escaping a sack as Wilson demonstrated in the last half of the season. Kaepernick although 2/100's of a second faster than Wilson in a straight line showed he lacks the lateral speed to escape from ALL available avenues. Wilson is just a better and more elusive QB in finding the time to stretch out a play and find an open reciever. When CK faces a truly fast defense such as Seattle the truth of which I speak becomes as clear as a deer in the headlights.


    CK is very good. He is very fast. He throws a great long ball when not under preasure. Unfortunately we will never know if the 9ers could fix all the holes they presented to the Seahawks in the 42-13 beating they took in Seattle two games before the playoffs for the want of Seattle running 10-15 seconds off the clock before scoring the tying TD and go-ahead PAT in Atlanta.


    I do like your analysis and obviously well researched reply of the speed between our two QB's. So much that I don't want to argue against it out of respect. You are correct at RW's ability to elude defenders while maintaining position to pass the ball the whole time still scanning down field. I was screaming at my TV during our game in Seattle where he broke something like 4 tackles and was still setting up to throw down field before he decided to run for the first down instead. I won't deny his escapability one bit.
    DISCLAIMER:

    The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    User avatar
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 690
    Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:30 pm


Re: The Next Big Thing
Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:40 am
  • Seriously ?....Super bowl sunday, your team is in it and you are on a Seahawk message board?
    R.I.P. Brother Les
    User avatar
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 24419
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm
    Location: Freddy's favorite song?....Dream On


Re: The Next Big Thing
Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:07 am
  • Largent80 wrote:Seriously ?....Super bowl sunday, your team is in it and you are on a Seahawk message board?


    LOL. I am flipping between our two sites on my iPhone 5, while watching NFLN and getting ready for my SB party.
    DISCLAIMER:

    The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    User avatar
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 690
    Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:30 pm


Re: The Next Big Thing
Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:23 am
  • NinerLifer wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:Seriously ?....Super bowl sunday, your team is in it and you are on a Seahawk message board?


    LOL. I am flipping between our two sites on my iPhone 5, while watching NFLN and getting ready for my SB party.


    Many Seahawk fans have a difficult time supporting the 9ers to win today. I for one do not. A Superbowl victory for San Francisco this afternoon will make our owning the NFC West all the sweeter later this year. Your team earned this chance. Good luck! Go Niners!
    User avatar
    HUGGY
    *NET Poop Holster*
     
    Posts: 310
    Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:07 pm
    Location: N. Seattle


Re: The Next Big Thing
Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:27 am
  • I especially love this comment from NinerLifer :And the comment made above in regards to "the touchdown that wasn't" proved that I am not going to receive a non-homeristic reply in this thread apparently, except for 1 reply I believe so far. Just because a player on the Seahawks tries to convince a ref that the catch was bobbled, doesn't make it true...especially after the replay that us tv viewers got to see courtesy of the network proved it was in fact a catch. PC even knew better than to challenge it.

    There is no doubt your dueche of a coach would have challenged that not to mention jumped up and down like a child he so often imitates but to anyone that wasn't a child, it was obvious it had no bearing on the outcome of the game and challenging by the coach would have looked pretty whinny. Again, yes I'm sure Harbaugh would have challenged it because he has shown repeatedly how childish he really is and there is no denying it. He has already gotten a reputation around the league as a whinny little child.

    What should be no question is was it challengable? I think the answer is obviously yes and so then you have to question why the booth didn't call for a review and the only answer is simple. It had no bearing on the outcome of the game and favors viewership with higher scores and closer games. It is good for the league and you can bet the NFL has talked to officials about challenging these type of meaningless calls that only serve to slow the game down and create controversy. It wouldn't have changed anything so why challenge it? But that doesn't change what those with valid interest in that score know about the play. It was a gift plain and simple.

    I bet I know your opinion of the hail Mary ruled simultaneous catch against GB.
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3026
    Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 7:26 am


Re: The Next Big Thing
Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:15 am
  • RichNhansom wrote:I especially love this comment from NinerLifer :And the comment made above in regards to "the touchdown that wasn't" proved that I am not going to receive a non-homeristic reply in this thread apparently, except for 1 reply I believe so far. Just because a player on the Seahawks tries to convince a ref that the catch was bobbled, doesn't make it true...especially after the replay that us tv viewers got to see courtesy of the network proved it was in fact a catch. PC even knew better than to challenge it.

    There is no doubt your dueche of a coach would have challenged that not to mention jumped up and down like a child he so often imitates but to anyone that wasn't a child, it was obvious it had no bearing on the outcome of the game and challenging by the coach would have looked pretty whinny. Again, yes I'm sure Harbaugh would have challenged it because he has shown repeatedly how childish he really is and there is no denying it. He has already gotten a reputation around the league as a whinny little child.

    What should be no question is was it challengable? I think the answer is obviously yes and so then you have to question why the booth didn't call for a review and the only answer is simple. It had no bearing on the outcome of the game and favors viewership with higher scores and closer games. It is good for the league and you can bet the NFL has talked to officials about challenging these type of meaningless calls that only serve to slow the game down and create controversy. It wouldn't have changed anything so why challenge it? But that doesn't change what those with valid interest in that score know about the play. It was a gift plain and simple.

    I bet I know your opinion of the hail Mary ruled simultaneous catch against GB.


    Ok, the booth DID review the play because all scoring plays are reviewed automatically for one, and before the extra point is kicked the refs wait for the call informing them that it was a TD or not. So...the fact that the extra point was kicked means that the booth DID review it and DID confirm that it was a catch and in fact a TD. My comment that even PC was smart enough not to challenge it was really a dig against Jim Schwartz who cost his team the victory earlier this season for drawing an unsportsmanlike penalty for throwing the challenge flag for a fumble that is automatically reviewed as well since all turnovers are automatically reviewed. I should have clarified that earlier since it was too difficult to put together.

    And I will reserve my opinion in regards to "The Hail Mary" as I was reading your board after that game and saw what was happening to Niner fans that commented negatively against it on here. Like I said before, I am not here to troll.
    DISCLAIMER:

    The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    User avatar
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 690
    Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:30 pm


Re: The Next Big Thing
Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:53 am
  • It was pretty obvious the booth did not review it based on the amount of time it took to acknowledge it and pass the info onto the field. think what you want but that was a simple, It's close enough, go ahead.
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3026
    Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 7:26 am


Re: The Next Big Thing
Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:30 pm
  • RichNhansom wrote:It was pretty obvious the booth did not review it based on the amount of time it took to acknowledge it and pass the info onto the field. think what you want but that was a simple, It's close enough, go ahead.


    All scoring plays are reviewed. The only ones who would think the way you do are the ones who thought there was more to see in the replay. Anybody that saw the replay knows it was obvious. The more obvious it is, the less time the review takes. That is witnessed throughout the NFL on game days.

    C'mon man!
    DISCLAIMER:

    The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    User avatar
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 690
    Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:30 pm


Re: The Next Big Thing
Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:41 pm
  • NinerLifer wrote:I think I will chime in here. :)

    While obviously the Niners are going to be the stylish pick to repeat next year if they win it this year just like the media always predicts a repeat LOL, most of us fans aren't that much of a homer to think they would just because they got there this year. That being said, the guy on the right is no doubt taking into account that Justin Smith will be 100% next season to start off, and also the most likely possibility that Harbaugh will start limiting the snaps for our veteran players just like he does for Frank Gore by rotating him with LMJ.

    And I hope that nobody thinks that just because you guys crushed us in Seattle this year automatically means that you are the better team. In fact it was reported by many analysts that what contributed to our defensive troubles in Seattle had everything to do with the fact that our defense played like 96 snaps during our victory over the Patriots the game before and you guys benefited off an exhausted team. This is why the analysts don't really take that game into account or include it in their thinking like somebody stated above.

    Justin Smith was also injured for that game remember? ;)

    And for the record, I agree that the Seahawks will make the playoffs next year...via wild card of course! ;)


    I think I'll just chime in here right back at ya! For the record, when the Seahawks went into San Fran they were playing their 5th game in 25 days and were a wee bit more exhausted than your niners were when they came to Seattle. And the only reason we lost IN SAN FRAN was because of 5 uncharacteristic dropped passes that took 13 points off the board. Seattle was the better team that day and the far superior team when SF came to Seattle.

    But hey, you whiner fans want to live in denial, I understand, buddy, you go right ahead.
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

    R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    User avatar
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4837
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:39 pm


Re: The Next Big Thing
Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:52 pm
  • SalishHawkFan wrote:
    NinerLifer wrote:I think I will chime in here. :)

    While obviously the Niners are going to be the stylish pick to repeat next year if they win it this year just like the media always predicts a repeat LOL, most of us fans aren't that much of a homer to think they would just because they got there this year. That being said, the guy on the right is no doubt taking into account that Justin Smith will be 100% next season to start off, and also the most likely possibility that Harbaugh will start limiting the snaps for our veteran players just like he does for Frank Gore by rotating him with LMJ.

    And I hope that nobody thinks that just because you guys crushed us in Seattle this year automatically means that you are the better team. In fact it was reported by many analysts that what contributed to our defensive troubles in Seattle had everything to do with the fact that our defense played like 96 snaps during our victory over the Patriots the game before and you guys benefited off an exhausted team. This is why the analysts don't really take that game into account or include it in their thinking like somebody stated above.

    Justin Smith was also injured for that game remember? ;)

    And for the record, I agree that the Seahawks will make the playoffs next year...via wild card of course! ;)


    I think I'll just chime in here right back at ya! For the record, when the Seahawks went into San Fran they were playing their 5th game in 25 days and were a wee bit more exhausted than your niners were when they came to Seattle. And the only reason we lost IN SAN FRAN was because of 5 uncharacteristic dropped passes that took 13 points off the board. Seattle was the better team that day and the far superior team when SF came to Seattle.

    But hey, you whiner fans want to live in denial, I understand, buddy, you go right ahead.


    Ok dude, I understand that you guys are gonna live up your victory over us like it was your "Superbowl" this season, but forgive me for leaving now...as we are about to go play in ours! ;)
    DISCLAIMER:

    The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    User avatar
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 690
    Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:30 pm


Re: The Next Big Thing
Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:58 pm
  • NinerLifer wrote:
    SalishHawkFan wrote:
    NinerLifer wrote:I think I will chime in here. :)

    While obviously the Niners are going to be the stylish pick to repeat next year if they win it this year just like the media always predicts a repeat LOL, most of us fans aren't that much of a homer to think they would just because they got there this year. That being said, the guy on the right is no doubt taking into account that Justin Smith will be 100% next season to start off, and also the most likely possibility that Harbaugh will start limiting the snaps for our veteran players just like he does for Frank Gore by rotating him with LMJ.

    And I hope that nobody thinks that just because you guys crushed us in Seattle this year automatically means that you are the better team. In fact it was reported by many analysts that what contributed to our defensive troubles in Seattle had everything to do with the fact that our defense played like 96 snaps during our victory over the Patriots the game before and you guys benefited off an exhausted team. This is why the analysts don't really take that game into account or include it in their thinking like somebody stated above.

    Justin Smith was also injured for that game remember? ;)

    And for the record, I agree that the Seahawks will make the playoffs next year...via wild card of course! ;)


    I think I'll just chime in here right back at ya! For the record, when the Seahawks went into San Fran they were playing their 5th game in 25 days and were a wee bit more exhausted than your niners were when they came to Seattle. And the only reason we lost IN SAN FRAN was because of 5 uncharacteristic dropped passes that took 13 points off the board. Seattle was the better team that day and the far superior team when SF came to Seattle.

    But hey, you whiner fans want to live in denial, I understand, buddy, you go right ahead.


    Ok dude, I understand that you guys are gonna live up your victory over us like it was your "Superbowl" this season, but forgive me for leaving now...as we are about to go play in ours! ;)

    Right.. you're also about to lose your first superbowl! Your team will get XL*ed. Be afraid, very afraid. ;)
    User avatar
    Decimation
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 747
    Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 9:28 am


Re: The Next Big Thing
Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:00 pm
  • Hey Lifer, You had better be concerned with next year and the many years to come. We are on the rise, and we are going to kick your asses just like we did in December for many years to come.

    I hope you enjoy it as much as the rest of us. Now go watch your team get beaten by Ray Lewis and Co.

    Buh-Bye.
    R.I.P. Brother Les
    User avatar
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 24419
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm
    Location: Freddy's favorite song?....Dream On


Re: The Next Big Thing
Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:32 pm
  • Well the Niners didn't show up till the second half. Too much to overcome and yet they still almost pulled it off.

    Just letting you all know I am still around.

    Like I said...not here to troll.
    DISCLAIMER:

    The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    User avatar
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 690
    Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:30 pm


Re: The Next Big Thing
Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:36 pm
  • Well, one thing for sure is the Hawks WILL show up next year. Sorry about your luck.
    R.I.P. Brother Les
    User avatar
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 24419
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm
    Location: Freddy's favorite song?....Dream On


Re: The Next Big Thing
Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:41 pm
  • NinerLifer wrote:Well the Niners didn't show up till the second half. Too much to overcome and yet they still almost pulled it off.

    Just letting you all know I am still around.

    Like I said...not here to troll.


    As another fan who has experienced the heartbreak of seeing your team lose a Super Bowl...you have my sympathies.

    As a fan of a rival team however, I won't lie that it was kind of satisfying to see your team lose.

    I won't wish your team good luck next season.

    With that said, props for coming back here even though your team lost.

    GO HAWKS!
    Image
    User avatar
    Winterfell
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 128
    Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:55 pm
    Location: The Wall


Re: The Next Big Thing
Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:28 pm
  • I hope that the fact that I came back right after losing the big game proves that I am not the typical Niner fan you all thought I was. Yes it hurts, but I am too drunk to let if effect me right now...and afraid to sleep as I am still too drunk to so that.
    DISCLAIMER:

    The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    User avatar
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 690
    Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:30 pm


Re: The Next Big Thing
Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:36 pm
  • NinerLifer wrote:Well the Niners didn't show up till the second half. Too much to overcome and yet they still almost pulled it off.

    Just letting you all know I am still around.

    Like I said...not here to troll.

    Thank the power company you guys were even in the game.
    User avatar
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7239
    Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am


Re: The Next Big Thing
Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:41 pm
  • :lol:
    -The Glove- wrote:
    NinerLifer wrote:Well the Niners didn't show up till the second half. Too much to overcome and yet they still almost pulled it off.

    Just letting you all know I am still around.

    Like I said...not here to troll.

    Thank the power company you guys were even in the game.


    :lol:
    R.I.P. Brother Les
    User avatar
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 24419
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm
    Location: Freddy's favorite song?....Dream On


Re: The Next Big Thing
Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:43 pm
  • NinerLifer wrote:I hope that the fact that I came back right after losing the big game proves that I am not the typical Niner fan you all thought I was. Yes it hurts, but I am too drunk to let if effect me right now...and afraid to sleep as I am still too drunk to so that.


    Keep drinking, and if you become suicidal P.M. Pehawk....he talks many down from the ledge.
    R.I.P. Brother Les
    User avatar
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 24419
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm
    Location: Freddy's favorite song?....Dream On


Re: The Next Big Thing
Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:01 pm
  • Ive noticed that you like our forum quite a bit. Why the hell don't you just join a winning team and the best forum on the planet.

    We will accept you after hazing frrom Pehawk, CANhawk, Jester, Myself, and maybe about 86 more.

    If you request with enough whining that is protocol for 9er fans. And you survive the hazing, welcome aboard.

    If not, then enjoy losing repeatedly.....Ooops, you already do...... :lol:
    R.I.P. Brother Les
    User avatar
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 24419
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm
    Location: Freddy's favorite song?....Dream On


Next


It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:28 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information