Free Agent Richard Seymour

Biggiec76

Reaction score
I think Richard would do well in the locker room and i see him signing a deal with to be on a winning team. He can Challenge for playing time in Reds spot or DT. sure would be a nice guy to have in case of injuries.

Thoughts?

chris98251

Reaction score
No, and then No. to much money when we have other players to bring in that would do better and cheaper. This isn't the old Seahawks where we pick guys up from Social Security anymore.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
He's always been about the money. And 33. I'd be very surprised if the Hawks took a serious look.

Pstark3

Reaction score
Hasnt it already been established we arent spending big $ in the free agency by JS&PC?

getnasty

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind him for a one year deal, kind of what they did with Raheem Brock a couple of years ago. I think he's still got a good year left in the tank and wouldn't be that expensive. He's a versatile guy too.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I can't understand why everyone is so anxious to overpay old guys for whom the chance to play isn't anything more than a way to make some extra cash on their way out the door.

Spokane

Reaction score
Pstark3":5ijcncam said:
Hasnt it already been established we arent spending big $ in the free agency by JS&PC?

Not even close, and they would be dumb to throw out the idea! That move would show their hand.

No, all we got was a quote from a just another clown (media guy) that says "young turk says no to big spending". That equals nothing!

However P and J HAVE shown that they will not over spend on an old dude. Richard has to know it will not be a huge payday this time around. I am not saying vet min, but the pay will be low.

Would he be one of our top 2 or 3 DTs? Yes! So bring him in for a look!

cacksman

Reaction score
You guys (first 5 or so posters) actually think a 33 year old Seymour is going to break the bank? He is getting towards the end of his career and he is going to want to win.

He would provide an upgrade at a position of need. This idea deserves a discussion and not even close to the amount of dismissiveness seen so far in this thread.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
This guy doesn't upgrade the DT position at this point in his career.

HUGE PASS.

getnasty

Reaction score
I think they'll spend money just not longer term contracts, 1 or 2 year deals. We have a lot of guys to sign over the next couple of years, so i don't think its to far fetched to take a chance on a guy like Seymour for a year. I'd rather rent a older guy(Seymour,Osi, Freeny), draft a young guy instead of blowing the bank on Melton or Starks.

lukerguy

Reaction score
I like him as a 1 year depth guy. He won't go a for a lot, but he's actually still a very good pass rushing DT. Plug him in to Jason Jones' position and pay him 3-4 MM.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
I don't see the point of signing a guy on the downside of his career coming off injury issues. I

Happypuppy

Reaction score
A 1 yr deal? No problem IMO. Clemons we have no idea when he will be back. Where are we on Jones or Branch are they even in our plans? We need depth and if he signs a reasonable contract, great. Play it just like we did with Rudd if he makes the team he gets the money if not next....

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I think it would be a smart signing, he brings the versatility to play all positions on the line. This also give us protection if Clemons is not 100% right away as he. Doubt he'd expect a huge pay day, and obviously if he did we would not sign him. 5 or 6 Mil seems reasonable to me, if Jason Jones got 5 mil Seymore is 5 times the player Jones is even at 32. Another positive is we will not be force to reach on DT in the first round. I think he'd be a good fit in the locker room and might be happy to get out of oakland. Our D is very young so I don't buy the argument we will only start young players, a vet sprinkled here and there is something we could use with Hill and Tru likely gone.

OP
OP
Biggiec76

Biggiec76

Reaction score
Wow there is a huge gap in opinion on Seymour, when i started this thread the idea is much like the adding of Raheem Brock as a poster on here stated, He will not be expensive, He has a year or 2 left in him and we could use him in situational play. and lets not forget about Red, Has has not been the most healthy guy and Seymour is a clone to Bryant if not better at 33. great insurance for us. I bet we see him sign in New England. We have been blessed to have rookies step up but why roll the dice without a backup plan. If he does not work cut him, i bet he is a vital key at some point in our season next year and will be worth the short term money.

gmor

Reaction score
SouthSoundHawk":3qt34j6x said:
This guy doesn't upgrade the DT position at this point in his career.

HUGE PASS.

I think he does. But only till something on him gives out.

Latest posts