26 Years, It Was A Blast

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
It really dawned on me yesterday going to the game with my daughter that it would be the last time I would sit in my seats as a season ticket holder after 26 years. It started in 1997 so I got to experience the Kingdome first hand for a couple of years. Damn was it loud in there. Impressive how close it comes in Seahawks Stadium/Century Link/Lumen Field. Spent a couple seasons in Husky Stadium as they were building the new stadium. By far the most unforgettable game in Husky Stadium was the Monday Night game against the Raiders where Shaun Alexander was a MENACE.

When the new stadium was being built, I was one of the lucky few that got to take a tour of it with random Seahawks players walking around, chatting it up with fans. To my distinct pleasure, one Matt Hasselbeck walked up to me. All alone. Nobody around. We chatted for like 5 minutes if not more. I remember telling him that he would do great things in this stadium and us fans believed in him. He sincerely appreciated that, and it was one of those special moments I won't forget.

Ah, the prefunks. Temple Billiards became our home away from home. Just 2 blocks dead north of the stadium. Oh the memories. A lot of clinking glasses, a lot of laughs. The playoff pre and post funks were ridiculous. Leif (BestFightStory, if you know you know) with his damn glitter bombs. So many great friends and fans through the years.

The best plays happened in my end zone. I was maybe 30 yards away from The Tip. The catch by Kearse that took us to Super Bowl 49. Nothing, and I mean nothing compares to being in those moments, surrounded by 70,000 fellow Seahawks fans.

I am quite sure there are many, many great games and moments ahead in that stadium. But my time has arrived. Money well spent. I gave it my all every single game. I had the hoarse voice to prove it every Monday. Now it's time to let someone new have my seats.

I hope they enjoy it half as much as I did. I hope they yell and scream their guts out like I did. I hope, sincerely, they can see even half the moments of glory that I did.

Thank you for the memories. Friends, fans, Seahawks. It's now time to enjoy the games on my TV in the comfort of my home in Astoria, Oregon.

Cheers and GO HAWKS!

Wheetie

Reaction score
It really dawned on me yesterday going to the game with my daughter that it would be the last time I would sit in my seats as a season ticket holder after 26 years. It started in 1997 so I got to experience the Kingdome first hand for a couple of years. Damn was it loud in there. Impressive how close it comes in Seahawks Stadium/Century Link/Lumen Field. Spent a couple seasons in Husky Stadium as they were building the new stadium. By far the most unforgettable game in Husky Stadium was the Monday Night game against the Raiders where Shawn Alexander was a MENACE.

When the new stadium was being built, I was one of few that got to take a tour of it with random Seahawks players walking around, chatting it up with fans. To my distinct pleasure, one Matt Hasselbeck walked up to me. All alone. Nobody around. We chatted for like 5 minutes if not more. I remember telling him that he would do great things in this stadium and us fans believed in him. He sincerely appreciated that, and it was one of those special moments I won't forget.

Ah, the prefunks. Temple Billiards became our home away from home. Just 2 blocks dead north of the stadium. Oh the memories. A lot of clinking glasses, a lot of laughs. The playoff pre and post funks were ridiculous. Leif (BestFightStory, if you know you know) with his damn glitter bombs. So many great friends and fans through the years.

The best plays happened in my end zone. I was maybe 30 yards away from The Tip. The catch by Kearse that took is to Super Bowl 49. Nothing, and I mean nothing compares to being in that moment, surrounded by 70,000 fellow Seahawks fans.

I am quite sure there are many, many great games and moments ahead in that stadium. But my time has arrived. Money well spent. I gave it my all every single game. I had the hoarse voice to prove it every Monday. Now it's time to let someone new have my seats.

I hope they enjoy it half as much as I did. I hope they yell and scream their guts out like I did. I hope, sincerely, they can see even half the moments of glory that I did.

Thank you for the memories. Friends, fans, Seahawks. It's now time to enjoy the games on my TV in the comfort of my home in Astoria, Oregon.

Cheers and GO HAWKS!
I know nothing about you Aros, but I do know this, if I were anywhere near you right now I'd give you the biggest hug! Just a great testimony about your experiences man!

sutz

Reaction score
Managed to share a few of those pre-funks myself. :)

Even got a swig of kickapoo joy juice at Les's place at a training camp trip to Cheney. (y)

My season tickets only lasted a couple of years, but what an experience. Remember Shaun's final TD that year he set the record? My seats were in the 300 level, looking almost directly down the South Goal line. Alexander behind Jones and Hutch. Good times. :)

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Giving them up by choice? Crazy talk.
meh I totally get it. SODO is a complete and utter 3rd world zombie shithole. I used to spend upwards of $30K a year entertaining clients in downtown Seattle. Now its ZERO. I refuse to fund a dystopian nightmare. Parking $100? Sorry, that's just ridiculous. Couple that with the last 4 or 5 years, this team is not much fun to watch. I gave up 4 season's tix to the Kraken for this reason. Seattle is 3rd world hellhole that me and all my professional friends avoid like the plague.

uncle fester

Reaction score
It really dawned on me yesterday going to the game with my daughter that it would be the last time I would sit in my seats as a season ticket holder after 26 years. It started in 1997 so I got to experience the Kingdome first hand for a couple of years. Damn was it loud in there. Impressive how close it comes in Seahawks Stadium/Century Link/Lumen Field. Spent a couple seasons in Husky Stadium as they were building the new stadium. By far the most unforgettable game in Husky Stadium was the Monday Night game against the Raiders where Shawn Alexander was a MENACE.

When the new stadium was being built, I was one of few that got to take a tour of it with random Seahawks players walking around, chatting it up with fans. To my distinct pleasure, one Matt Hasselbeck walked up to me. All alone. Nobody around. We chatted for like 5 minutes if not more. I remember telling him that he would do great things in this stadium and us fans believed in him. He sincerely appreciated that, and it was one of those special moments I won't forget.

The best plays happened in my end zone. I was maybe 30 yards away from The Tip. The catch by Kearse that took is to Super Bowl 49. Nothing, and I mean nothing compares to being in that moment, surrounded by 70,000 fellow Seahawks fans.

Cheers and GO HAWKS!
Great story, Aros! 😀

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Giving them up by choice? Crazy talk.

Absolutely by choice. I paid my time. Tens of thousands of dollars over the years. The cost of the drive, parking, concessions, drinks, tickets...Yeah man, call me good. 26 years of great memories but the bank account could use the break.

drcool

Reaction score
Well, at least the Seahawks brought you through the widest range of emotions they could over those 26 years. Exhilarating highs, devastating lows, and everything in between.

Take the money you are saving on the season tickets and use it to really enjoy one or two games a year in person. If you ever want a pair of tickets hit me up and I can throw you my Hawks Nest tickets, the REAL endzone where we saw the Romo fumble and the Fail Mary up close and personal.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
It really dawned on me yesterday going to the game with my daughter that it would be the last time I would sit in my seats as a season ticket holder after 26 years. It started in 1997 so I got to experience the Kingdome first hand for a couple of years. Damn was it loud in there. Impressive how close it comes in Seahawks Stadium/Century Link/Lumen Field. Spent a couple seasons in Husky Stadium as they were building the new stadium. By far the most unforgettable game in Husky Stadium was the Monday Night game against the Raiders where Shaun Alexander was a MENACE.

When the new stadium was being built, I was one of the lucky few that got to take a tour of it with random Seahawks players walking around, chatting it up with fans. To my distinct pleasure, one Matt Hasselbeck walked up to me. All alone. Nobody around. We chatted for like 5 minutes if not more. I remember telling him that he would do great things in this stadium and us fans believed in him. He sincerely appreciated that, and it was one of those special moments I won't forget.

The best plays happened in my end zone. I was maybe 30 yards away from The Tip. The catch by Kearse that took us to Super Bowl 49. Nothing, and I mean nothing compares to being in those moments, surrounded by 70,000 fellow Seahawks fans.

Cheers and GO HAWKS!
You’re a lucky man and fan to be able to see experience all of that right up close. Enjoy the memories and sit back and enjoy like the rest of us. BTW, nice choice on final game with throwbacks and all.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score

Cheers and GO HAWKS!
I would be proud to have you sit next to me at one of the games next year brother. I'm in 123, probably not far from your seats.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
You have a heart of blue Aros, and your daughter got her victory. Big smiles !
Yeah but, but, Todd cheated..He used his Daughter's Crystal Ball, so he KNEW that the Seahawks were going to win this game,( JK), absolutely love the Father Daughter Gig...My Daughter is 56 years old and tells me EVERY DAY how much she loves me, and how much my 'Happy-Go-Lucky' ways influences & inspires her.
I know that she's sayin' what she thinks I'm wanting to hear, but it's that 'I Love you dad' thing that is all that really matters, am I right?

Mad Dog

Reaction score
But, but, it’s only mid season?

I’ve been a STH since 2004. Come down every game from Vancouver Canada with my wife. And games like yesterday are why I won’t be giving them up soon. Nothing like come from behind wins with 68,000 other fans all celebrating.
I’ll never forget 2005, 2013, 2014 and all the other great games.

Cherish you memories, Aros. They are some of the best

chris98251

Reaction score
Best thing of all she got to see them win this time with you in Throwbacks!

soxhawk

Reaction score
I love Astoria. Always thought it would be a great place to live. I'm sure there will be many more Hawks games in your future. Congrats.

Mike Hawk 425

Reaction score
Absolutely by choice. I paid my time. Tens of thousands of dollars over the years. The cost of the drive, parking, concessions, drinks, tickets...Yeah man, call me good. 26 years of great memories but the bank account could use the break.

I wouldn't really call this by choice, for what it is worth. Finances should always come first.