3 Headed Monster!!!

pmedic920

Reaction score
Writes Condotta, and he goes on to use M. Edwards picture.

Kinda fitting I suppose.

If you saw the Hurts press conference you already know most of this but it’s a decent read if you care to know a little bit more about what’s going on with our “D” line and plans to do a better job at stopping the run.

Attachments

• IMG_1694.jpeg
    IMG_1694.jpeg
    182.5 KB · Views: 2

Hawkmode

Reaction score
Very nice article on expectations for run fits. The common element for Dre (3T) Reed (NT) and Edwards (4i/5T) is penetration behind the line of scrimmage to blow up run plays before they get going and accumulating Tackles For Loss as a result.

That kind of penetration also puts the QB under stress making sacks and forced throw turnovers (INT) more likely. As Hurtt said defenses need to shutdown the run to earn the right to pass rush effectively.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Writes Condotta, and he goes on to use M. Edwards picture.

Kinda fitting I suppose.

If you saw the Hurts press conference you already know most of this but it’s a decent read if you care to know a little bit more about what’s going on with our “D” line and plans to do a better job at stopping the run.

Nice article!

Says EVERYTHING that I want to hear about them - and in a good way. I'm sooooooo looking forward to watching Dre'Mont this season. And I'm looking forward to the synergy with Bobby.

Hawkmode

Reaction score
Nice article!

Says EVERYTHING that I want to hear about them - and in a good way. I'm sooooooo looking forward to watching Dre'Mont this season. And I'm looking forward to the synergy with Bobby.
The nice thing about having Wags is style by example. His communication has strengths enhanced by experienced play recognition...Jordyn Brooks still accumulating that ability...like Brooks nastiness when he blows up a hapless RB. We got Bobby back and pairing him with Devin Bush or Brooks (when he's ready) should complement our D-Line changeout.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Having Bobby back will be HUGE for Brooks imo.
Is it bad I’m not sold on Brooks??

What does it say about Brooks that he couldn’t develop by now to be a somewhat Robin to Wagner’s Batman, by now?

Like, I’m not sure of Brooks will be extended and if he is, what exactly are they seeing from Brooks that we cannot see from him on Sundays.

Was Bush actually brought in to somewhat “challenge” Brooks to be a better player??

Hopefully, Wagner, fixes this run defense with his presence alone…

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Some are, some are not. I think he's solid. He certainly doesn't suck like many say he does.

Staff Edit: typo corrected

Scout

Reaction score
That confirms what we all suspected really.

Don't forget the team is counting on Adams returning to form as well.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Don't be suprised if the Reed and Edwards signings pay more 2023 dividends than the Jones signing.

bileever

Reaction score

Yes, good point, but do we really need him to, or would it just be a bonus? I think the team is counting on him, but most of us fans have written him off.

scutterhawk

Reaction score

I think that that's what they were hoping for Last season, but I'm betting that they aren't going to Count on him being their only saving grace THIS season. (fool me once) lol.
I'm just hoping that Adams can come back @ 80% to 90% of what he was when we went after him.

Boohman14

Reaction score
Bobby is like having a coach on the field. That will help Brooks play better as the season progresses. This defense will take time to mature but I like how it built to generate turnovers in effect. This will be a fun year if he can stay relatively healthy.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I think that that's what they were hoping for Last season, but I'm betting that they aren't going to Count on him being their only saving grace THIS season. (fool me once) lol.
I'm just hoping that Adams can come back @ 80% to 90% of what he was when we went after him.
Good point. I like what I'm reading on how the safety depth is coming together. Sounds like Love, Reed II, and Blount are having a tremendous impact along with rest of the secondary guys like Spoon and Jackson.

CouchLogic

Reaction score
Man, I just can't bring myself to care what Hurts has to say. Last years defense was flat out atrocious. Wake me up week 5 for his conferences and I might give a damn if there are signs of an upward trend. Otherwise, DNGAF.

Props to the CBs and Uchenna for showing up.