3rd Round - 68th pick Damien Lewis G LSU

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Maelstrom787":n5ytzn2q said:
A note: Damien Lewis claims that he also is comfortable playing LG and Center. This could very well be a guy they have competing at center.

I think I like this pick too. He looks and acts the part to be a young, fresh Fluker. IMO that's not a bad thing at all. But the best of all worlds would be if he really can be an effective center. We need a good center to get Britt's money back in the piggy so we can get Clowney back. We have 19 O Linemen on the books right now. Should be able to craft a line out of that bunch. One thing for sure is we're gonna HAVE to because we will be facing some ferocious defensive fronts. That and the fact they may have to be able to bulldoze clean running lanes for Homer if Carson isn't a completely healthy man. Protecting Russ is just part of the job. If we can't run the ball we will have accomplished nothing.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Maybe we will go 9 lineman and just pound the ball.

Or maybe 10 lineman with Carson at Wildcat

HawksSoc

Reaction score
'I enjoy seeing people on the ground, I want to get on top of them and laugh at them', what a terrifying dude!

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Largent80":2mcq4dr2 said:
Dang, living in the Houston area I wanted Josh Jones....oh well

The guy was ranked very high, but dropped so far before being drafted, any ideas why?

Largent80

Reaction score
I absolutely LOVE this pick. This guy is going to solidify a Guard spot for years to come. Wanted Jones but it's hard to argue with the choice.

sutz

Reaction score
Doesn't the new CBA expand the number of active linemen on game day?

irfuben32

Reaction score
not sure if I am seeing that right, he clearly pancakes the first guy but it looks like he gets completely lit up the next two plays resulting in a sack and a TFL

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":3qbxez7d said:
I don't know much about Lewis. But these mid round o-linemen picks of drafts past don't inspire any confidence. I just hope he's better than Terry Poole, Rees Odhiambo. That's all I ask.

He actually reminds me of Shaq Mason, who I loved in his draft. We took Poole instead of Mason.

He's no Poole. And Odhiambo was poop before we ever drafted him. That pick really irked me. I hoped for Justin Simmons or Connor McGovern at that pick.

Seattle, with Solari, is looking for a completely different kind of OL player. People movers, not athletic movers. Lewis fits that beautifully.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
HawksSoc":1rhxfmnb said:
'I enjoy seeing people on the ground, I want to get on top of them and laugh at them', what a terrifying dude!

Tell Mora we found our dirtbag!

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Whenever I read something about Lewis, the word NASTY comes up.

Overall, I like this pick!

Jville

Reaction score
A side story that is making itself evident is the fence mending with college line coaches that has gone on since the arrival of Mike Solari. The Seahawks, once again, enjoy a healthier and mutually respectful climate with college coaches.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Bobblehead":1nbjbz2d said:
Largent80":1nbjbz2d said:
Dang, living in the Houston area I wanted Josh Jones....oh well

The guy was ranked very high, but dropped so far before being drafted, any ideas why?

I'm assuming it's just his short arms, plus the fact that he's only ever played LT and needs to learn an entirely new spot

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Smellyman":3sjsrrrx said:
Maybe we will go 9 lineman and just pound the ball.

Or maybe 10 lineman with Carson at Wildcat
I like the idea :lol:

John63

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":5eru7ey7 said:
Love it. Great consolation to Robert Hunt in terms of rock-solid guards. He's a guy who I think is ready to start day 1. He'll battle.

yes and he rated high as a pass blocker finally /

morgulon1

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":2c8kcpvq said:
If you've got a player on the trade block, maybe McDougald or someone, now is the moment to package him

If Seattle traded McDougal , who starts in his place ?

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
morgulon1":uv9xa5uc said:
Maelstrom787":uv9xa5uc said:
If you've got a player on the trade block, maybe McDougald or someone, now is the moment to package him

If Seattle traded McDougal , who starts in his place ?

Blair would in that case

OP
OP
Mistashoesta

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
irfuben32":27vrj3gx said:
not sure if I am seeing that right, he clearly pancakes the first guy but it looks like he gets completely lit up the next two plays resulting in a sack and a TFL

He’s number 68. Ignore the result of the play and the big yellow circle. Focus on the guy who gets thrown to the ground each time. 3 pancakes in a row.

reddmmann

Reaction score
red grenadine":3nvlr56o said:
Would cutting Britt give us the cash to resign Clowney?

Cut Britt and have who start at center? Hunt...this rookie....one of those backup FA's they picked up?

RockinHawks

Reaction score
reddmmann":22oxb8fv said:
red grenadine":22oxb8fv said:
Would cutting Britt give us the cash to resign Clowney?

Cut Britt and have who start at center? Hunt...this rookie....one of those backup FA's they picked up?
That's one of the reasons they signed B.J. Finney.

Latest posts