4th and 10 deep ball to Metcalf.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
It’s called trusting your teammate to make a play.
It’s earned by hours upon hours of hard work and dedication.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3ln3vke1 said:
Ramfan128":3ln3vke1 said:
Nah after seeing Clinton-Dix freeze and gift Seattle a 2 pt conversion in the NFCCG, seeing Blair Walsh shank a 20 yard FG, seeing that DB not even try to contest that pass to DK Metcalf, and countless other plays over the years - there is no explanation. It's all luck, but at some point you have to say that somehow Seattle has acquired that luck because it just keeps happening.
You should tell the trolls at the 49ers Web Zone this. At some point, luck isn't luck, it's being damned good and having it pay off more frequently than others. Look at Tom Brady...all but one of his Super Bowl rings was decided on one play I think, right? Yet, they don't call him lucky.....

I'd say some players are just so good they make their own luck more than others. :)
True on all points. The same fools over on the Denialzone still claim the same thing. They’ve been doing it since 2012.
But the again these are the same goofballs that at one time thought the Kraepper and JimmyGlass were better than Russ.

sutz

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":15v3oa4t said:
It’s called trusting your teammate to make a play.
It’s earned by hours upon hours of hard work and dedication.
And in large part it's about just flat out not giving up. It's the old cliche about play to the whistle. Game wise it means play to the final whistle. That's the team mantra and it pays off in winning close games.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Maulbert":zfoxe6oz said:
olyfan63":zfoxe6oz said:
Maulbert":zfoxe6oz said:
What do you call it when you commit obvious pass interference but don't draw a flag, essentially gifting your team an undeserved SB berth?

I call it Golden Tate pushing off for Wail Mary vs Green Bay on Monday night. Clear OPI before the legit catch. But Hawks didn't make the Owl that year, lost to Atlanta that year, IIRC, in the divisional round.

FYI, Vikings coach Zimmer said, in an interview, he expected the ball to be intercepted, when he saw the throw.

What does any of that have to do with the Rams committing DPI against the Saints 2 years ago?
Another example of an uncalled PI that directly affected a game's outcome. At least it involved the Hawks and the same QB who threw the 4th-and-10 ball.

Plus it's so much more fun to remember that night and that moment. Also helping to solidify the branding of that play as "WAIL Mary". The Packer fan tears and wailing over that game have been so delicious for years.

So exactly how is your concern over a DPI involving two non-Hawks teams two years ago especially relevant to Metcalf's 4th and 10 catch?

Maulbert

Reaction score
olyfan63":1te9atvl said:
Maulbert":1te9atvl said:
olyfan63":1te9atvl said:
Maulbert":1te9atvl said:
What do you call it when you commit obvious pass interference but don't draw a flag, essentially gifting your team an undeserved SB berth?

I call it Golden Tate pushing off for Wail Mary vs Green Bay on Monday night. Clear OPI before the legit catch. But Hawks didn't make the Owl that year, lost to Atlanta that year, IIRC, in the divisional round.

FYI, Vikings coach Zimmer said, in an interview, he expected the ball to be intercepted, when he saw the throw.

What does any of that have to do with the Rams committing DPI against the Saints 2 years ago?
Another example of an uncalled PI that directly affected a game's outcome. At least it involved the Hawks and the same QB who threw the 4th-and-10 ball.

Plus it's so much more fun to remember that night and that moment. Also helping to solidify the branding of that play as "WAIL Mary". The Packer fan tears and wailing over that game have been so delicious for years.

So exactly how is your concern over a DPI involving two non-Hawks teams two years ago especially relevant to Metcalf's 4th and 10 catch?

It wasn't. I was calling Ramfan128 on his bullshit, and you seemed to take issue with it. Why don't you read the whole conversation instead of going after me?

Latest posts