9ers@giants

Marvin49

Reaction score
94Smith":3nb2ig1g said:
Maulbert":3nb2ig1g said:
Marvin49":3nb2ig1g said:
Sports Hernia":3nb2ig1g said:
No doubt, we get to play those same Junior High teams later on. It’s better for you to play them now with all of those injuries and still get the win. Like I said your 2’s and 3’s are better than their 1’s.

...I think that's the real story. How the hell are the NY teams THAT bad. WOW.

I wouldn't necessarily agree that their 1's are that much worse than your 2's and 3's, but good coaching and culture can make all the difference in the world.

How many "back ups" did we really have playing. There is not much of (any?) drop off from Garoppolo to Mullens. Aiyuk and Bourne were scheduled to be WR2 and WR3. Dwelley is obviously not as good as Kittle. McKinnon is a starter in rotation. Defensive lie has 2/4 starters and I think Verett could and probably will start opposite of Sherman when he is back. Obviously Dontae Johnson is a big drop off. So really only 4 "backups"

1) oi. The Garoppolo/Mullens storyline is really exhausting. Yes, there IS a dropoff, but I'm not gonna go into it because its pointless.

2) I like Bourne, but he's not close to Deebo.

3) Dwelley not as good as either Kittle or Reed.

4) McKinnon is a 3rd down back. They miss Mostert. the 49er RBs ran for about 62 yards on Sunday. Mckinnon averaged 2.7 yards per carry and Wilson averaged 1.2.

5) Verrett played well, but they were still down Sherman and Moseley. Verrett is the 4th corner.

Starters Missing....

Garoppolo
Mostert
Kittle
Deebo
Richburg
Bosa
Ford
Thomas (Tho Kinlaw is better anyway)
Greenlaw
Sherman
Moseley

Backups missing....

Reed
Witherspoon

Come on now. LOL.

94Smith

Reaction score
Marvin49":37olpuda said:
94Smith":37olpuda said:
Maulbert":37olpuda said:
Marvin49":37olpuda said:
...I think that's the real story. How the hell are the NY teams THAT bad. WOW.

I wouldn't necessarily agree that their 1's are that much worse than your 2's and 3's, but good coaching and culture can make all the difference in the world.

How many "back ups" did we really have playing. There is not much of (any?) drop off from Garoppolo to Mullens. Aiyuk and Bourne were scheduled to be WR2 and WR3. Dwelley is obviously not as good as Kittle. McKinnon is a starter in rotation. Defensive lie has 2/4 starters and I think Verett could and probably will start opposite of Sherman when he is back. Obviously Dontae Johnson is a big drop off. So really only 4 "backups"

Verrett is the 4th corner.

I bet he's the second corner when they are all back

Marvin49

Reaction score
94Smith":2wj93tt4 said:
Marvin49":2wj93tt4 said:
94Smith":2wj93tt4 said:
Maulbert":2wj93tt4 said:

Verrett is the 4th corner.

I bet he's the second corner when they are all back

Possible, but even if that's true there are 10 other guys on that list.