A-A-Ron is melting.

balakoth

Reaction score
Not even sure all the justice warriors even know what sexist means. But the news sure told then so.

chris98251

Reaction score
So I should call everyone that calls me Chrissie, Christy, Chrissy sexist.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
balakoth":1dgzlx3x said:
Not even sure all the justice warriors even know what sexist means. But the news sure told then so.
Oh my! This thread is reaching Spinal Tap quotability.
"What's wrong with being sexy?

.....sexist....sexist"

"There's such a fine line between stupid and clever ."

toffee

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":prh4osiu said:
LastRideOut":prh4osiu said:
Thank you for not using sexist names to belittle Rodgers. I know Rodgers can be a bit of a cry baby sometimes but calling him Erin gets old, and it is sexist too. I have two daughters and a wife, so the sexist names get into my craw.

Thanks for that. I've called this out a few times, and gotten nothing but blithering crap in return, with no support from anyone.
I agree with you guys.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

LastRideOut

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2dv5bw6d said:
Hawkstorian":2dv5bw6d said:
RolandDeschain":2dv5bw6d said:
Oh no, I must be sexist; it certainly can't just be some plain old trash talking.

You can trash talk without being a sexist. Give it a shot. Or just keep being lazy. Your call.
See, I'm not a sexist person, though I'm sure you are 100% confident that I am. You, like an increasing percentage of people, have started believing that making fun of something is automatically inappropriate bigotry, discrimination, or denigration. Loosely defining those things means EVERYTHING is off the table. Where's your crusade against Sports Hernia's "Cowgirls" denigration, then? Also, I assume you don't denigrate anything at all in your life, correct? Otherwise that would make you a hypocrite. Can't call someone stupid because I know some actually stupid people. Same with basically every other form of denigration that exists.

Since it's basically guaranteed that you are not, in fact, a perfect Jesus Christ risen again who says nothing negative about any quantifiable group that exists in this world, I get that you made sexism your "denigration of choice" to rail against people about; but how about coming to terms with reality a bit more and trying out not being easily offended? Give it a shot. Or just keep being lazy. Your call.

But by using sexist language, you are showing that you are in fact, sexist. I mean, come on, at least be honest with yourself.

It really isn't that hard to not be an asshole. You can criticize Aaron's play (and there is plenty to criticize) without marginalizing an entire gender by using sexist labels. When you use Erin to refer to Aaron Rodgers, or Cowgirls to refer to the Cowboys, the underlying message is that females are weak and the negative connotation to that message is made by using Erin or Cowgirls as pejoratives.

It's so much easier to double down, and to keep using sexist labels like you are now, than it is to listen to the perspectives of others and to change one's opinion or behavior based on new information, which is the hallmark of an educated mind.

I used to refer to Tony Romo as "Romo the Homo". When I learned how hurtful and hateful that was towards people in the LGBT+ community, I stopped because I realized I was patronizing and marginalizing an entire group of people just to criticize one person.

It is also important to recognize that just because one poster here said that his sister in law also refers to A-rod as Erin does not mean that one person represents an entire gender and therefore, grants permission to use a sexist label.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Do we all agree it’s Erin and not Aaron Rodgers. Anyone ass hurt about it is just too sensitive. It’s sports smack get over it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chris98251

Reaction score
LastRideOut":2nq7nxwv said:
RolandDeschain":2nq7nxwv said:
Hawkstorian":2nq7nxwv said:
RolandDeschain":2nq7nxwv said:
Oh no, I must be sexist; it certainly can't just be some plain old trash talking.

You can trash talk without being a sexist. Give it a shot. Or just keep being lazy. Your call.
See, I'm not a sexist person, though I'm sure you are 100% confident that I am. You, like an increasing percentage of people, have started believing that making fun of something is automatically inappropriate bigotry, discrimination, or denigration. Loosely defining those things means EVERYTHING is off the table. Where's your crusade against Sports Hernia's "Cowgirls" denigration, then? Also, I assume you don't denigrate anything at all in your life, correct? Otherwise that would make you a hypocrite. Can't call someone stupid because I know some actually stupid people. Same with basically every other form of denigration that exists.

Since it's basically guaranteed that you are not, in fact, a perfect Jesus Christ risen again who says nothing negative about any quantifiable group that exists in this world, I get that you made sexism your "denigration of choice" to rail against people about; but how about coming to terms with reality a bit more and trying out not being easily offended? Give it a shot. Or just keep being lazy. Your call.

But by using sexist language, you are showing that you are in fact, sexist. I mean, come on, at least be honest with yourself.

It really isn't that hard to not be an asshole. You can criticize Aaron's play (and there is plenty to criticize) without marginalizing an entire gender by using sexist labels. When you use Erin to refer to Aaron Rodgers, or Cowgirls to refer to the Cowboys, the underlying message is that females are weak and the negative connotation to that message is made by using Erin or Cowgirls as pejoratives.

It's so much easier to double down, and to keep using sexist labels like you are now, than it is to listen to the perspectives of others and to change one's opinion or behavior based on new information, which is the hallmark of an educated mind.

I used to refer to Tony Romo as "Romo the Homo". When I learned how hurtful and hateful that was towards people in the LGBT+ community, I stopped because I realized I was patronizing and marginalizing an entire group of people just to criticize one person.

It is also important to recognize that just because one poster here said that his sister in law also refers to A-rod as Erin does not mean that one person represents an entire gender and therefore, grants permission to use a sexist label.

Well I didn't know Erin was a sexist label, I thought it was just a name.

Now if we called him that Bitch Erin maybe, but we really don't know his inner Sexual Identity so that would be an assumption now wouldn't it.

Secondly you talk your talk and let others talk theirs, you aren't making them a sandwich, coming home to them or likely going to meet them.

Well unless maybe if you work at Subway I guess.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
dopeboy206":midlq5dy said:
Do we all agree it’s Erin and not Aaron Rodgers. Anyone ass hurt about it is just too sensitive. It’s sports smack get over it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Too late. The pussification of this country is well under way.

Edit: I actually had to edit this because the automatic sensitivity correction feature changed the word to make look like a statement that made no sense. Par for the course or just pure irony?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Am I reading this right? Now saying Erin makes you sexist?? Wow. There's reaching, and then there is THIS. I already know the answer, but have people REALLY become this sensitive?
Almost as entertaining as seeing Lord Rodgers get smoked and literally look like he doesn't even care.
Priceless

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Pretty sure reading the tangent this thread took has given me cancer.

Elemas

Reaction score
I’m not willing to call him washed up. First game….just came off an MVP season.

He’ll bounce back.

Packers? Not so sure…

JustTheTip

Reaction score
LastRideOut":2uz5o937 said:
RolandDeschain":2uz5o937 said:
Hawkstorian":2uz5o937 said:
RolandDeschain":2uz5o937 said:

So you and those you share an opinion with decide what is sexist and what isn't and other people (or even just women) have their opinion disregarded because it doesn't match yours? Got it.

You also double down on your stance without listening the same way those you are accusing of doing that do. Basically, you are equally guilty of every behavior pattern you point out in this post.

Your way or the highway...

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I have to admit, it is very enjoyable to see him lose, and more so to see him curb stomped.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It was so satisfying watching him play that crappy, look like he didn't care before, during and AFTER the game.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
He'll be a 49er next year. I think he's intentionally spiking his season so that he'll be a free agent or trade bait.