A few thoughts coming from the Dome

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
I just wanted to throw a few things out after driving 5 hours back to SC about what I witnessed at the game. Details of the game have been discussed in depth. So just to quickly summarize:

Our Run D was very disappointing, and I don't know if this came through on the tv but on about three of those long runs Turner/whoever the other back was were DAMN close to taking it to the house. I mean they got tackled by the skin of their teeth with no other men close enough to catch them. Scary.

Our Secondary, as expected, was amazing. Particularly Sherman, who only really got beat once (and it was a TD) but seriously - once again, don't know how it came across on the tv but he was ALL OVER their receivers the whole game. The short / medium range inside stuff killed us..

You should all be proud of our fans. What an amazing showing on the opposite coast! Yes, there were a few like me that lived close. I talked to plenty of folks who flew in from Seattle. One guy came all the way from Alaska. It was an amazing site to see, two hours before the game, when the 12th man had taken over an entire section of a parking lot and spirits were soaring. If you haven't seen pics yet, there were giant cut out heads of Wilson, Sherman, Lynch, and Pete floating around - rumor has it they were making appearances in local drinking establishments the night before :D I came away just blown away by the awesomeness of our fans and it was so special being with other 12s for me because I haven't been to a home game in 14 years.

I took tons of heat from falcons fans. I was the "token" hawks fan in my section and they let me have it, big time. I jawed back some too, and I am 100% fine with that. The one thing that pissed me off - during the tailgate someone was passing out 12th man towels. At some point during the game, during the action, as I was leaned forward towards the rail (first row 3rd deck) somebody stole it from my back pocket. I mean, wtf? That was a souvenir I really wanted to keep. Whatever.

Those same fans looked absolutely shocked after the last TD. It didn't last long, but oh my god they were terrified. A few seats down, a little girl was balling her eyes out. Didn't like seeing that honestly, but seeing the tearing up of grown men was highly entertaining. Many of them LEFT immediately after that happened. Idiots.

Then came the walk of shame. They falcons fans got a little crazy, as expected. I was pushed around a little on the way out, nothing hostile, they were just excited. Lots of trash talk. I accept that. I just want those of you whose only walk of shame was to the fridge to get more beer to drown the pain think about those of us who had to walk 15 minutes through hordes of raving Falcons fans, and drive 30 minutes through traffic with ravings Falcons fans appreciate that. For the most part they weren't bad fans. Many of you will root for Atlanta because you hate the 49ers. I will root like hell for SF because now its personal between me and Atlanta :D

JSeahawks

Reaction score
You could definatly hear the 12th man there after we scored the go ahead TD. The cheer was actually pretty loud on the TV.

Starrman44

Reaction score
Thanks for representing us, man!!

I am in a quandary over who to go for in the Conference Finals. In some ways I would like to see a team from our Division win it, but I am getting to where I can't stand the Niners.

I am leaning toward rooting on the Niners, though.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Short-mid, over the middle, and Tony Gonzalez. Said it several times this week, if we lose, it's because of that. We are so damned vulnerable in the middle to a half-decent passing team, it's ridiculous.

SuperFreak

Reaction score
" I accept that. I just want those of you whose only walk of shame was to the fridge to get more beer to drown the pain think about those of us who had to walk 15 minutes through hordes of raving Falcons fans, and drive 30 minutes through traffic with ravings Falcons fans appreciate that. "

Who made you go to the game ? I will take care of them :sarcasm_off:

rjdriver

Reaction score
Thanks for representing! I saw a lot of 12 banners today!

OP
OP
CaptainSkybeard

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
I am actually considering not watching any games next week. I'll watch the Super Bowl because I am an American and not a commie terrorist but its time for me to unwind emotionally from the season.

Tattooedseahawk

Reaction score
CaptainSkybeard":2nmrg7wg said:
I am actually considering not watching any games next week. I'll watch the Super Bowl because I am an American and not a commie terrorist but its time for me to unwind emotionally from the season.

Yeah, I don't know how much I will pay attention to either game next weekend. I despise SF. I really don't feel good rooting for Atlanta. I have many relatives from Cleveland so it is still a sore spot to see Baltimore doing well plus I don't like Ray Lewis and I am sick of Belichek and Tom brady. :17:

tyshawkfan

Reaction score
I was there and after the int in the 4th our section 349 and a few around us had Seahawks chant going that was impressive. A lot of falcons looked surprised and that was one of the best moments for me. The walk shame along with the drive out of town was scattered with a few douchebags but I have to say many falcon fans were very nice and friendly. ready to go back next year!

Blazenhawks

Reaction score
I agree man I was sitting in section 314 I had a whole row of Seahawks fans it was a blast minus a few fans Atlanta fans were great sprits about the game. But I love that image after we scored that last TD there faces where priceless. I'm glad I traveled from Oregon to go see that game win or lose what an experience.

Happy

Reaction score
Very good synopsis skybeard, couldn't have said it better myself. I was in section 344 btw.

Latest posts