Adams to come off pup list

IndyHawk

Reaction score
With me it's like I love the player when he IS playing..
You go through big hopes with a Carson or Penny in the past just to see it
get shot down time after time so it gets to the point where you become
perhaps less enthused with the player because he can't be counted on to
be available for long.
It's nothing personal..I know some players just have a short shelf life to speak.
I've said this before,it's not their fault when their body cannot do it anymore.

Mick063

Reaction score
Jamal Adams breaks down film.

Watch THIS video and tell me Jamal can't cover...

Jamal and Devon Witherspoon have a lot in common when it comes to recognizing the play beforehand.

We breaking out Jets video now? That is like breaking out Jimmy Graham's Saints video to prove he was the greatest tight end in Seahawk history.

Career interceptions: 4

Dude has hands of stone. If he could cover, the team would be using him to cover. Love wouldn't be on the roster, Bryant wouldn't be learning a new position, and Reed wouldn't have been drafted. Stop blowing smoke up my arse. He is a vastly undersized Will that opposing teams will be audibling to run the ball directly over the top of him. A situational role player with an extremely narrow skill set. His contract can't expire soon enough. Besides, we already have a better Will for Adam's niche role by the name of Darrell Taylor.

Last edited:

keasley45

Reaction score
Jamal Adams breaks down film.

Watch THIS video and tell me Jamal can't cover...

Jamal and Devon Witherspoon have a lot in common when it comes to recognizing the play beforehand.

Yeah. The myth that he can't cover was exposed in a video breakdown of his play in 2021.
He was blamed for a couple of busted plays that folks thought were his fault. They weren't.
Dude is a generational talent and knows the game inside out.
Glad to have him back.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
Yeah. The myth that he can't cover was exposed in a video breakdown of his play in 2021.
He was blamed for a couple of busted plays that folks thought were his fault. They weren't.
Dude is a generational talent and knows the game inside out.
Glad to have him back.
He was a generational talent. Few players have come back from so many injuries to play the same.

With that said I wish him the best.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
He's a hell of a football player. I've just never understood the need to bash a guy when he's injured. And it happens a lot.

Bashing is taking personal shots. Criticizing the trade and player for not living up to the hype, trade and contract is a normal fan thing, and GM thing, and coach thing, and...................

The trade hasn't worked out. In fact it's been an unmitigated disaster. Adams fault? Nope, but we're still here.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
People do both, and have since he got here.

And he's deserved some of that criticism, as do all players who thump their chests and talk more trash than they deliver on the field.

But like Sherman and other players who need that chip and motivation running their mouths, it's usually a good thing.

But that doesn't mean they can't be criticized when they don't back it up. You and others have a problem with anything negative said about any Hawks, like that means we're bad fans. Being fairly critical IMO IS being a good fan, because it mean you're being objective, and not just a fanboi.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And he's deserved some of that criticism, as do all players who thump their chests and talk more trash than they deliver on the field.

But like Sherman and other players who need that chip and motivation running their mouths, it's usually a good thing.

But that doesn't mean they can't be criticized when they don't back it up. You and others have a problem with anything negative said about any Hawks, like that means we're bad fans. Being fairly critical IMO IS being a good fan, because it mean you're being objective, and not just a fanboi.
Um, every one of us says bad things and/or is critical of the team from time to time. All of us. Nice try though.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Um, every one of us says bad things and/or is critical of the team from time to time. All of us. Nice try though.

Yeah but you're usually the contrarian "OMG people are saying bad things!" forum member.

It's cool, every forum needs one, to counteract the chicken little Fades of the forum.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Not at all. I couldn't care less. It's the everything sucks 24/7 that I call out. Feel free to put me on ignore, maybe go kick some puppies or something. Might make you feel better.
I criticize this team ALL THE TIME. You're just not smart enough to notice.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
There is no doubt that the Adams trade excited many negative responses. There is little doubt the team paid and is paying a premium price for the player, and it is arguable fairly they overpaid for results to date. There is also no doubt as a result people started finding things to criticize in Adams play. Among the complaints: he can't cover, has poor ball skills, no safety is worth what the team paid, etc.,etc., etc..

Of course while doing that they failed to acknowledge in his first season here he set a record for QB sacks as a DB and made the Pro Bowl again. There seems to be from some a lack pof recognition this player can be when on his game a true game changer. Paying him a contract that was a big reward for past performance excited the chorus of negativity once he was hurt as the Nellies picked up the pace of criticism. There is also a lack of recognition that the team needed help at the position in and the draft offered not much true hope in finding a special guy at the position the team was picking. BTW, if it isn’t clear, I disagree with all the complaints about him and his game, except for the reality he’s been very costly.

As I observed earlier the team is better with him when he is playing at a level expected from him

He has now passed his physical and is removed from PUP.

Last edited:

beaumaris

Reaction score
Lol. Do you honestly think he's going to make an entire season without getting hurt again? I already I said I hope he does, but the realization of it is he'll probably get injured yet again because thats what he does.

Hope and expectations are different.
That’s the spirit.:rolleyes:

beaumaris

Reaction score
If he's going to play as hard as he can and miss numerous games to half seasons due to injuries then whats the point?

The question should be - would you rather have a Jamal Adams playing at 100% for 4 to 6 games or an Adams playing at maybe 80% to 85% for an entire season?
LOL.

had2bhawk

Reaction score
If he's going to play as hard as he can and miss numerous games to half seasons due to injuries then whats the point?

The question should be - would you rather have a Jamal Adams playing at 100% for 4 to 6 games or an Adams playing at maybe 80% to 85% for an entire season?
Let me see.
Does that mean the Hawks win 85% of entire season?
Then yes, I'll take door #2!