Aldon Smith apparently arrested again

Reaction score
It's funny how little the people posting most in this thread actually know about the court system.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
QuickLightning":18s8oyyz said:
It's funny how little the people posting most in this thread actually know about the court system.

Why don't you enlighten everyone?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
rlkats":2w9eocsc said:
Question. Ordinary joe here. If I had a house party someone was shot with my illegal non registered gun. Busted for DUI earlier. And a pending dumb bomb threat joke. Does anyone think I deserve a break? I sure don't. And you know what I bet the judge wouldn't give me a break. This is where the law will fail if the punishment is not just.

I love my Niners but this attitude and this level of lack of respect for the law is embarrassing. Do not be fooled any one of us would do serious jail time. He deserves a just punishment. And his status should not stand for the punishment.
We'd all be doing some serious time. Nice objective post, that's what I like about you brother, don't change. :th2thumbs:

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
QuickLightning":1i511fzu said:

I know absolutely zero. So I made sure to ask my old girlfriend that got me a reckless instead of a DUI in 93 and now resides over hearings in the King County Court system.

She is the one that said there is no deal and thus no agreement or understanding of no time in prison. There is likely a substantial reduction in sentence though. I can't argue with her on the matter.

JesterHawk

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":nqzad4ig said:
-The Glove-":nqzad4ig said:
QuickLightning":nqzad4ig said:

Why don't you enlighten everyone?

Ya, enlighten us Judge Judy.

You'll have to wait until next week his Internet time is up for the week unless he gets some extra minutes for good behavior.

Marvin49

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":23jfgvpa said:
I should note I totally disagree with the CA law on the assault rifle possession. I do not think he should go to jail for having those guns if he bought them over the counter of any store, in any state. Not for a single day.

But I want to know Marvin, why you think that any defendant with 3 felony charges of gun possession (That he has stipulated to) will not get a single day in the slammer? You really think that a no-contest plea is worth a sentence that includes no jail time with 3 felony charges being accepted?

Why do I think that? Because I don't think he'd have given up the fight otherwise.

Don't trust me though....how about an actual lawyer...

http://www.csnbayarea.com/video_content ... ntest-plea

Laloosh

Reaction score
Marvin49":12x7m6cc said:
loafoftatupu":12x7m6cc said:
I should note I totally disagree with the CA law on the assault rifle possession. I do not think he should go to jail for having those guns if he bought them over the counter of any store, in any state. Not for a single day.

But I want to know Marvin, why you think that any defendant with 3 felony charges of gun possession (That he has stipulated to) will not get a single day in the slammer? You really think that a no-contest plea is worth a sentence that includes no jail time with 3 felony charges being accepted?

Why do I think that? Because I don't think he'd have given up the fight otherwise.

Laloosh":12x7m6cc said:
My money's on probation and a fine. Four game suspension from the NFL and he's arrested again before the end of 2014.

I'm the smartest man alive!

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Marvin49":dtps1p8n said:
Throwdown":dtps1p8n said:
So whats he gonna get? like 2 minutes community service?

No idea...sentencing not till July 25th.

What a coincidence, I have a huge party that same day.

Well I do now. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

It's going to be interesting how they handle his sentencing. I'm with Loaf on the no contest plea. I simply think anything else would have looked like he hasn't learned a thing through all of his mistakes and dragging out the court system that is already over loaded or trying to treat this like he is in any position of negotiating would also make him look bad. Likely a smart call on his attorney's behalf. Your screwed sun. They have everything they need and every reason to slam you like a rag doll. Give up and hope they find mercy. At least you appear to be owning your criminal past and that gives reason to believe you may possibly be trying to change.

However that last airport incident sure does spit in the face of that theory.

I don't remember all his time lines, there are so damn many but did he get his last tree crashing DUI before or after the party that multiple people got shot?

Marvin49

Reaction score
RichNhansom":3ujfms9s said:
Marvin49":3ujfms9s said:
Throwdown":3ujfms9s said:

It's going to be interesting how they handle his sentencing. I'm with Loaf on the no contest plea. I simply think anything else would have looked like he hasn't learned a thing through all of his mistakes and dragging out the court system that is already over loaded or trying to treat this like he is in any position of negotiating would also make him look bad. Likely a smart call on his attorney's behalf. Your screwed sun. They have everything they need and every reason to slam you like a rag doll. Give up and hope they find mercy. At least you appear to be owning your criminal past and that gives reason to believe you may possibly be trying to change.

However that last airport incident sure does spit in the face of that theory.

I don't remember all his time lines, there are so damn many but did he get his last tree crashing DUI before or after the party that multiple people got shot?

LOL.

The DUI was after.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Marvin49":1th6l5n9 said:
loafoftatupu":1th6l5n9 said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! "Given up the Fight"... That is SO epic. There was never a fight to give up. There was no case, no argument to defend.

You found a link? With the Bay Area "Sports Law" guy to come on an say what he would do? THAT'S IT? Haven't you learned to ignore the nonsense from those types? You are the same guy that earlier in this thread tried to convince us that the weapons charge is some trumped up thing to get leverage on the DUI. Because you read some article from a professional. The words were something like "difficult to prove" and "intent". It was so easy for Smith's lawyer to defend those charges Marvin, that they suggested he plead no-contest to every single charge made.

He is blowing a tremendous amount of smoke up the ass of the viewer.

THERE IS NO DEAL. It has already been done. He isn't "working on a deal" because there is absolutely nothing to deal. It doesn't matter where the guy bought the guns, if that was legal or not (but there is another charge available for buying weapons with intent to bring them into CA) It doesn't matter if he went to Rehab (which is tied to two totally different cases for DUI) all that matters is that Aldon Smith had guns in his possession, which he purchased and transported to his home. A judge told me this, you know.. someone that used to be a lawyer and now actually performs the sentencing process. You think I could just make some crap up about law?

He pleaded "no-contest" to all 5 charges. That is 2x DUI and 3x felony possession of illegal weapons. First there are Niner guys saying THAT was a deal. That is great, so now that Smith made a deal, they are working on another one after Aldon already changed his plea? That isn't even possible. A deal for a verdict and then they work a deal for the sentencing? That TV attorney needs to get slapped. "What his attorneys are trying to do is work a deal for..." Do you even have any idea how completely stupid that sounds?

Hey.. Dude could get NO jail time, but I highly doubt a judge will suspend 100% of it.

JZ#1

Reaction score
RichNhansom":2u23hfbv said:
Marvin49":2u23hfbv said:
Throwdown":2u23hfbv said:

I feel sorry for you.

rlkats

Reaction score
I really do not see how he will be on the field this season at all. I am no lawyer but he might get some brownie points for pleading no contest. But it is still saying I am guilty I just can not come up with a argument. My brother didn't have a DUI and had the same weapon charges he got 16 months on no previous record. Granted he is broke and not a superstar so we will see

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
rlkats":1eontf7x said:
I really do not see how he will be on the field this season at all. I am no lawyer but he might get some brownie points for pleading no contest. But it is still saying I am guilty I just can not come up with a argument. My brother didn't have a DUI and had the same weapon charges he got 16 months on no previous record. Granted he is broke and not a superstar so we will see

Dude they gave him the full deal? There are two guys from the USACarry site that got over a year and it was suspended to a few months. But even I would be breaking the law if I crossed the state lines with my regular pistols because of the mags they came with stock.

I hate that law, I think Smith should only be punished for the DUIs and frankly should be suspended even if he went to treatment, but we all know Smith will get a fraction of the punishment. The funny part is, Smith could have plead no contest without even having an attorney and the punishment would be substantially less.

Those judges love not having a trial, but Smith's would have been short anyways. Guns that he bought legally in AZ found in his house. Nothing to fight there. That TV attorney is saying that because Aldon went to treatment he should be on probation only. When the word for Aldon is going to be Parole.
I think that Smith will play this season in any case, just not the entire season. I think he gets time, but most of it suspended and that he is back for camp. Because he will end up serving less than 2 months.

The sticky part is that he is now a convicted felon. If he is caught holding grandpa's shotgun he is screwed. Of course, this is the same people that didn't even charge Brooks for the beer bottle. Maybe the judge is such a Niner fan that he reduces everything to a misdemeanor. LOL..

"I see you pled no contest to 3 felonies. Let's go ahead and reduce those to misdemeanor crimes and give you 40 hours of autograph signing"

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I still love you Marvin. You might even guess right on the sentence or lack there of, but those references are media guys trying to tell people what they want to hear. Especially in the Bay Area.

If Smith gets no time, I would seriously consider finishing school and taking the CA bar exam. I would specifically fight gun possession charges and advise all my clients to plead no contest. If they sentence my client? I will appeal and argue the details of Aldon Smith after my clients proactively went to rehab. :)

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
rlkats":2dxf6hxe said:

Man.. that just sucks for your bro. Just for having it. LAME.

I think Kats is taking this in stride, he already blasted Smith for this garbage months ago, so I know his feeling on the matter. If the guy gets off free its fine, if he misses the season Kats is prepared to move on.