All about DK

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":19tayben said:
So in the "all" that we're talking about, is anyone going to mention the move he put on when he faked the slant and went back outside and was completely wide open? You know, the sort of move that he's not able to make, being just a speed guy?
It was a thing of beauty!

balakoth

Reaction score
NOt to offend but did the OP ACTUALLY WATCH the game?

Or just the stat line? For future reference "Targets" to "Catches" stat line in no way indicates what was dropped

He had one drop and a pass he needed to adjust for and missed thrown behind

Mick063

Reaction score
Mad Dog":dv9733jm said:
toffee":dv9733jm said:
DK had 95 yards and a TD, 23.8 average. But what's up with catching only 4/8, 50% of balls thrown his way? Outshined by J Jone's 9/12, 157 yds.

Out of the 4 incompletes, how many were drops?

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

One drop. Russ forced 3 others that I would expect most receivers not named Lockett or Baldwin to drop.

Funny you should say that. Watching the Chiefs/Texans Thursday night game, I saw Will Fuller unable to snag a ball and say to my self "Lockett catches that". Then I see Sammy Watkins for KC unable to make a difficult catch and I say to myself "Lockett catches that."

And now it is Sunday and after watching other games with your comment awakening this idea, it finally dawns on me. Lockett has remarkable hands relative to what I am seeing elsewhere. Like I have to go back to Chris Carter to see hands like that and Carter may have had the best hands I have seen since Steve Largent. OBJ may have a three year old highlight reel, but Lockett's miracle catches are current and up to date. Yep, in my mind, Lockett has legendary quality hands.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":s25zfnlk said:
It's just crazy that Russ was 27-27 when targeting everyone but Metcalf. 4-8 to Metcalf. Freaky flukish.

I don't know that it's all that flukish. DK is a mismatch, Russ will throw to him when he is not technically open, this will result in some incomplete passes, and some incredible plays.

AgentDib

Reaction score
in 2018 Russ had a perfect 158.3 passer rating when targeting Lockett with 0 drops or INTs. In 2019, Lockett had just 2 drops on 110 targets.

The only thing that stops Lockett from being mentioned as a top NFL receiver is his lack of targets (~5 per game), combined with a relatively normal YAC (3.8) despite typically running deep routes. He often goes to the ground while securing the catch, which works but it would be nice to see us getting him the ball in open space a bit more often than we do.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":2693al07 said:
Hawkstorian":2693al07 said:
It's just crazy that Russ was 27-27 when targeting everyone but Metcalf. 4-8 to Metcalf. Freaky flukish.

I don't know that it's all that flukish. DK is a mismatch, Russ will throw to him when he is not technically open, this will result in some incomplete passes, and some incredible plays.
True.
Russ doesnt like to throw away passes. He always wants to give his players a chance and will extend plays then force throws. Nobody better to force throws to than Lockett and DK.
Julio didnt catch every pass either and was kept out of the endzone.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Hearing that Russ saw them celebrating after that 3rd down stop and told DK basically "let's go get em"
and that nails TD on 4th down...……...that was nails right there.

Geologic

Reaction score
DK had another hell of a game today. He smoked Gilmore, last year's DPOTY, on a huge touchdown pass. It seemed like Russell even underthrew the pass and DK had to slow down to catch it. Gilmore almost had a play on it since it was kind of underthrown but DK outmuscled Gilmore for the catch.

How the hell did this guy last to the late second round?

Threedee

Reaction score
Who made the outstanding hands catch on the throw Russ threw low and almost into the turf? I cringed on that throw.

getnasty

Reaction score
That last comeback route where he got 8 yards of separation then made a nice juke and then finished with a stiff arm. That play, that play gave me wood.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
95yds and a TD... averaging 23.4yds per catch on the season... two TDs....

If anyone is going to complain about that, they're the same type of person that would complain about winning the lottery because they have to pay taxes.

DK is a BEAST, he's in his second year and making big time plays.

Here's something you're going to hear a lot this season, "Wilson to Metcalf Touchdown!!!!!!!!!!!!" Book it.

sutz

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3dmkbrn9 said:
And the fact that he didn't back down one bit against the Defensive POY is impressive. He's a grown man.
Actually, it looked like DK was baiting him. :twisted:

olyfan63

Reaction score
Boohman14":2qi8zxtd said:
Threedee":2qi8zxtd said:
Who made the outstanding hands catch on the throw Russ threw low and almost into the turf? I cringed on that throw.
That was Moore!

Yup, the same David Moore so many people wanted to cut. Moore has taken positive steps. Good punt returner too. Looking a little Golden-Tate-ish in spots now. It took Tate until his 3rd year for the light bulb to go on, maybe this will be Moore's big year too.

olyfan63

Reaction score
sutz":16eufdqv said:
SoulfishHawk":16eufdqv said:
And the fact that he didn't back down one bit against the Defensive POY is impressive. He's a grown man.

Yup, and DK got into Glimore's head, hence the tussle and shoving match along the sidelines and out-of-bounds.

chris98251

Reaction score
olyfan63":1cyhfw3w said:
sutz":1cyhfw3w said:
SoulfishHawk":1cyhfw3w said:

Yup, and DK got into Glimore's head, hence the tussle and shoving match along the sidelines and out-of-bounds.

DK was making catches and making him look mediocre, Gilmore tried to get him physically, dumb move against that man, DK drove him to the sideline with that block and Gilmore lost composure and that started the scrum.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I hope DK keeping his cool there and not getting penalized show he has matured this year. Last year during the game in LA Ramsey got to him and DK took a 15 yarder.

Latest posts