Alton Robinson 7 snaps... Inexcusable!!!

ivotuk

Reaction score
How can anyone possibly compare the defensive game plan versus Arizona, to one versus SF. In what world are Kyler Murray and Jimmy Garapollo comparable QBs?

The reason Alton didn't play much last week is because he's TOO SLOW AND LUMBERING to catch Kyler Murray. We needed smaller, faster, defensive players with change of direction skills. Even then EVERY defense in the NFL struggles to bring Kyler Murray down.

WIthout this defense, we're 0-7.

Without this defense getting turnovers and giving Russell extra shots at the end zone, we don't win those games. Even with Russell's 3 INTs, were +12 in takeaway differential.

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/team-stat ... ERS&page=1

Everybody's focused on yards per game. You don't win the NFL by racking up yards. You win by scoring more points than the other team!

And if your defense is good enough to get turnovers, and give your offense more chances at scoring, your going to win those games, by scoring.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
PNW":1pl3exiu said:
Uncle Si":1pl3exiu said:
PNW":1pl3exiu said:
Uncle Si":1pl3exiu said:
Where have you seen that stated by PC?
If you ever watch a press conference he’s very transparent...... https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Rj_4gCWg5Pg the latest example starts @9:40. Another recent example was via Greg Bell after our last game stating the same thing. It’s funny how people have such strong opinions about firing someone when they don’t even have all the evidence that’s provided.

I dont watch press conferences. I also dont have a strong opinion on it. Just a question.

Seems a little hypocritical, though, to base an opinion on a press conference inference in which he is accepting mutual blame and responsibility and then call others "delusional" about their opinion that the very person he is protecting needs to be fired for needing to be protected.
I get it most of the people calling for the firing probably don’t watch Pete talk about the team via his press conferences. “It’s funny how people have such strong opinions about firing someone when they don’t even have all the evidence that’s provided.” You say you don’t have a strong opinion on this, it’s totally fine to ask a question, if you don’t fit in this category no need to take it like I was talking to you. I don’t see anything that is hypocritical with what I said, however you’re more than welcome to have your opinions.

Just felt abrasive...

I did go back and watch the press conference.

My takeaway was the Pete sounded more like a guy trying to put himself between an embattled employee and himself, as he did with Bevell for years.

Not saying PC is not the main voice in the D meetings. Just dont think Norton is a figurehead either.

I also dont believe any of our coaches need to be fired. But a change in scheme for the backfield, atleast from play to play, would be nice to see.

PNW

Reaction score
Uncle Si":cf7xddln said:
PNW":cf7xddln said:
Uncle Si":cf7xddln said:
PNW":cf7xddln said:
If you ever watch a press conference he’s very transparent...... https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Rj_4gCWg5Pg the latest example starts @9:40. Another recent example was via Greg Bell after our last game stating the same thing. It’s funny how people have such strong opinions about firing someone when they don’t even have all the evidence that’s provided.

I dont watch press conferences. I also dont have a strong opinion on it. Just a question.

Seems a little hypocritical, though, to base an opinion on a press conference inference in which he is accepting mutual blame and responsibility and then call others "delusional" about their opinion that the very person he is protecting needs to be fired for needing to be protected.
I get it most of the people calling for the firing probably don’t watch Pete talk about the team via his press conferences. “It’s funny how people have such strong opinions about firing someone when they don’t even have all the evidence that’s provided.” You say you don’t have a strong opinion on this, it’s totally fine to ask a question, if you don’t fit in this category no need to take it like I was talking to you. I don’t see anything that is hypocritical with what I said, however you’re more than welcome to have your opinions.

Just felt abrasive...

My takeaway was the Pete sounded more like a guy trying to put himself between an embattled employee and himself, as he did with Bevell for years.

Not saying PC is not the main voice in the D meetings. Just dont think Norton is a figurehead either.

I also dont believe any of our coaches need to be fired. But a change in scheme for the backfield, atleast from play to play, would be nice to see.
I completely agree, I loved what we just saw against SF accept the last few drives haha, closing the game out like 37-7 or 37-14 woulda been sweet.

PNW

Reaction score
In Pete’s presser today he mentioned Robinson earned more playing time and he fully trusts him to play against anyone moving forward. I’m glad to hear this, I see a ton of potential out of this kid!

Uncle Si

Reaction score
PNW":kntblv75 said:
Uncle Si":kntblv75 said:
PNW":kntblv75 said:
Uncle Si":kntblv75 said:

Just felt abrasive...

I completely agree, I loved what we just saw against SF accept the last few drives haha, closing the game out like 37-7 or 37-14 woulda been sweet.

Super Bowl 49 mightve been the last time we saw that from a Hawks team

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Coach gave Robinson nice props for his game vs the 9ers. When he does that it usually translates to increased opportunity. He also bragged on Sullivan's play. Anxious to see how that works out for both of them.

I really think we have the pieces we need to have a top flight defense. Just a matter of getting them all available and placed for success.

Latest posts