Am I The Only HR Handicapper Here?

OP
OP
Appyhawk

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Still on play downtime. I do my updates every evening after results are in, but having trouble getting stuff done. One of the downsides to life in a spot as rural as I'm in is that material deliveries aren't always on time, which creates delays for all the down the line stuff that has to be done. Don't know when I'll jump back in, maybe not until after election is over, although no way I'm passing on BC weekend.

OP
OP
Appyhawk

Appyhawk

Reaction score
I'm still on HR play downtime. Moving through my to-do list but running out of time. Our temps here today half what it was yesterday. At long last got some rain last night. Needed that bigtime. Filled the horse tanks but my pond is over 2' down.

BC weekend fast approaching. Upside is while updating results I've begun to score some big hits again, so hoping that continues. Still hit and miss though. Seems like I have to take chances in all of them to get the hits, which takes that ROI downhill. :rumble:

OP
OP
Appyhawk

Appyhawk

Reaction score
BC day 1 is next Friday. Early forms are out already. Lots of entries from across the pond. That's a problem for me as I haven't paid much attention to racing outside US this year. Nevertheless I'm stoked. Haven't played hardly anything for the last month+. The good news is I'm almost caught up on my work list! Woohoo! Maybe that will help me play with a free mind. That's what it takes to nail a big hit...and I could really use a BIG hit. :lol:

OP
OP
Appyhawk

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Can't believe it. My favorite event of the year and I missed most of it, only catching the last few races Saturday. Didn't do much and didn't do much good at those. A tad, but not much, surprised Authentic won the Classic. He earned it too. Vied early and came back to keep it. New to see how he tests...

OP
OP
Appyhawk

Appyhawk

Reaction score
During the past 2 month I have played very few races, but have gotten back in the saddle the past couple days. Did well yesterday, not so well today. But I did pop the top on the treasure chest in Last Race on the card both days. Always nice to end up on a high note, especially since yesterday was capped off with a great Seahawk win!

OP
OP
Appyhawk

Appyhawk

Reaction score
I'm still on downtime from contributing to the horse racing pools. Got tons of work done, home improvements, ranch chores, etc. I've been tempted though due to test results from keeping my databases updated. Have been scoring well at FGX and Tampa in the ex and tri. plays. Until yesterday. Races yesterday were essentially a bust for me, although I managed a couple nice hits at both those tracks. Test results are not the same as live play though. For one thing tests include all races, whereas in live play I would pass a number, if not most, of races on the card. So caution prevails in favor of taking advantage of tolerable weather to be outside.

OP
OP
Appyhawk

Appyhawk

Reaction score
STILL on downtime. I think I've very sparingly played twice in the past 3 1/2 months, by FAR the longest layoff for me in over 10 years.
I am daily updating my databases and staying up with results. Just not seeing sufficient data to induce me to put risk on the table.
Besides all that I'm busy with other interests, such as toying with a renewed interest in writing and photography. I haven't attempted a serious writing project for about 40 years! Not to mention Seahawks and college basketball season...

OP
OP
Appyhawk

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Yesterday's Oaklawn opening day was a doozie for me. 9 race card. When the dust had settles I cashed in 5 of the 9. 3 of those five had my top 3 picks finishing in the top 3 places. R4 alone yielded 18.20 W, 106,20 EX, and 685.60 for the tri. Great day!

Latest posts