An early 2020 mock for Seattle (4 rounds)

Chawker

Reaction score
getnasty":33rnxysv said:
Bryce Hall at the end of the first round would make me happy. Outside of that we need OL and DL

Its like you read my mind.

We need to shore up our run defense.

P1 Bryce Hall CB
P2 Davon Hamilton DT
P3 Bradlee Anae DE
P4 Cole Kmet TE
P5 Jeremy Chinn S
P6 OT
My first four.

CPHawk

Reaction score
We need to flip the script this year, and trade up for Isaiah Simmons. He will be big time in the NFL.

chris98251

Reaction score
Spit balling early on but looking and trying to place where we pick and rankings of players and projections without trades.

1st round - John Simpson OG Clemson

2nd round Tyler Biadasz, C, Wisconsin

2nd round (lower of two picks between KC Chiefs and SF 49ers) Carlos Davis DT Nebraska

3rd round (compensatory for losing Earl Thomas) Terrence Steele OT Texas Tech University

4th round - Kylin Hill RB Mississippi State

4th round (compensatory for losing Justin Coleman) Dominick Wood-Anderson TE Tennessee

5th round - Kyle Dugger SS Lenoir-Rhyne

5th round (from Steelers) Curtis Weaver DE Boise State

6th round (compensatory for losing Shamar Stephen) Darnay Holmes CB Nickel UCLA

7th round (compensatory for losing Mike Davis) Myles Bryant CB Nickel University of Washington

Chawker

Reaction score
chris chris chris. 5 out of your first 6 picks are offensive players, Lets say we need some defensive help and try to at least pick'em a little more fair and balanced. K!

chris98251

Reaction score
Chawker":2hvpkz7f said:
chris chris chris. 5 out of your first 6 picks are offensive players, Lets say we need some defensive help and try to at least pick'em a little more fair and balanced. K!

We seem to get good interior guys in F.A. our O line needs bodies that don't need a ambulance to get to and from the field, I had the defense covered in skill positions later also.

We also have Red Shirts in the wings on Defense like Christmas.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Chawker":4xhmck53 said:

I'm entirely convinced this is how you end up starving your team of talent over time.

No draft is equal in quality. Every one is different. Just taking a 1st round defensive player doesn't mean you get first round value from them. If it's lousy for defense, then you're essentially getting bad return on your pick.

And that over time manifests itself into low overall team quality as well as creating future holes on your roster that needs filling. One, for the player you picked that didn't measure up, and more for the other players that move on or decline that you should have picked in advance but didn't.

I have no problem following the talent where it lies in the draft. If we get two quality interior OL, that means we aren't paying cast off veterans 3-4M a year. That's cap space that can fill other holes. Or be used to absorb mid season trades for quality vets elsewhere (Diggs, Clowney, Coleman etc.).

Ultimately, using the draft to fill needs is logically stupid. Because talent isn't ever linear. In fact it's horribly variable. Teams that do so, intentionally get less quality players out of the draft because one is almost guaranteed to take a lesser quality player early in the draft relative to what's still available if they do so based on what they have on the roster instead of what's on the board.

This is how you get replacement level journeyman talent early in the draft. It's a central component to how one drafts busts year after year.

I would add, that on day 3, that's where it's useful to add for need. Because the delta in talent between players tends to rapidly smooth out. Virtually every player in this range ends up being valuable based on development and fit. Not necessarily by their inherent talent. Teams are *supposed* to gather replacement level players in this range.

Chawker

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":qot27b7m said:
Chawker":qot27b7m said:

I'm entirely convinced this is how you end up starving your team of talent over time.

No draft is equal in quality. Every one is different. Just taking a 1st round defensive player doesn't mean you get first round value from them. If it's lousy for defense, then you're essentially getting bad return on your pick.

And that over time manifests itself into low overall team quality as well as creating future holes on your roster that needs filling. One, for the player you picked that didn't measure up, and more for the other players that move on or decline that you should have picked in advance but didn't.

I have no problem following the talent where it lies in the draft. If we get two quality interior OL, that means we aren't paying cast off veterans 3-4M a year. That's cap space that can fill other holes. Or be used to absorb mid season trades for quality vets elsewhere (Diggs, Clowney, Coleman etc.).

Ultimately, using the draft to fill needs is logically stupid. Because talent isn't ever linear. In fact it's horribly variable. Teams that do so, intentionally get less quality players out of the draft because one is almost guaranteed to take a lesser quality player early in the draft relative to what's still available if they do so based on what they have on the roster instead of what's on the board.

This is how you get replacement level journeyman talent early in the draft. It's a central component to how one drafts busts year after year.

I would add, that on day 3, that's where it's useful to add for need. Because the delta in talent between players tends to rapidly smooth out. Virtually every player in this range ends up being valuable based on development and fit. Not necessarily by their inherent talent. Teams are *supposed* to gather replacement level players in this range.

People wonder why we can't score in the first half of games and our defense is one of the lowest in the League. This is the logic behind the formula. Be proud of your mistakes.

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
So far, looks like Mekhi Becton and Tyler Johnson are probably gonna be gone by the slots I have them taken at here. Combine can possibly change that.

Logan Stenberg is lookin' good at the Senior Bowl. I think he's my "must have" guy this year if he doesn't make it into day 1.

Kenny Willekes has pretty short arms (31 1/4 in. at 6'3"), but he's been winning 1v1 at the Senior Bowl regularly and has a huge chip on his shoulder. He was a reach pick in this mock, but I think he can be an effective pass rusher from the LEO spot and add to any rotation.

jeremiah

Reaction score
Seahawks need a QB, draft one in every round possible, and build around him in whenever he is ready. This team sucks because of Offense, Defense and Coaching. You can make a Coach better with a hot QB. You can make the Defense look better with a QB, and you can inspire everyone around the QB.