Anybody else worried about this "World Record" sound thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Everybody now knows about the Guinness 12th Man world record sports crowd decibal attempt pushed by former 'hawk Joe Tafoya to finally claim Century Link field and its rabid Seahawks fans as the loudest home crowd in the world. But I gotta tell ya, I'm worried that we won't do it. I totally don't think we're gonna beat the World Record set in Turkey for the Futbol (soccer) match at 131db. Our unofficial record topped out at 112db. Now, that is a LOT of db (19db better than 112db, which is an insane amount!) to make up. I'd be totally happy with "Loudest in the NFL". That's been our braggin' right for decades now.

What if because of this stupid "proving it" stunt that we find out, along with the rest of the league, that we're NOT the loudest? That would frickin' piss me off (and embarrass the hell out of us), and other fans around the league would laugh at us. ARGHHHHH!!!! I was fine with the rest of the league "assuming" we were the loudest. I think that of the 5 or 6 teams that jumped in on the challenge that could possibly beat us would be Minnesota (dome) or the Chiefs (rabid). Our stadium is a huge advantage with its acoustics and stuff, but domes are another story...Think Kingdome, where I know we would have won. I mean, even if we lost this competition (and don't fool yourself that this is not an attempt by the other teams jumping on to knock us off our high horse), we can at least claim, without a doubt, that we utilize our sound better than any other teams fans... For that, I don't think we'd get an argument. If we turn out to NOT be the loudest, we can easily claim to be of the greatest benefit to our boys, by far...

Cartire

Reaction score
Joe himself posted about it last week. About page 2 on is a good debate about exactly what your mentioning.

I have my same worries. Where I would be happy and proud if we did, I would be equally dissapointed if we were beat out by another team. Because as of now, the NFL already thinks were the loudest without the record.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=69773

warden

Reaction score
Who gives a chit what the rest of the country thinks

We make noise so the other teams offense can't hear themselves. Our opponents say we are the loudest. Record or not, the only thing that matters is we screw up the other teams offense.

This world record thing is great because it is when the 49ers are in town.

Now losing to the whiners would suck, so we must do everything we can to germ in their head and screw their offense up. Must be loud

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Yup, I saw the post, which was the inspiration for this post. Very cool to see an actual Seahawk on our little home here... Though he's not the first player to post here. Heya Joe! *waving* I just......If we win, that will be frickin' AWESOME! But if we don't, ... That will be really lame. If it turns out we aren't the loudest, I'm gonna really be irritated that we didn't win. But then again, Joe is the guy that actually experienced it down on the field...on many NFL venues. I think he may be onto something! lol He wouldn't throw his name in the hat if he didn't think we'd win...

JSeahawks

Reaction score
To be honest, I couldn't care less about it either way. (So it's lucky that I will be watching on TV rather than at the game)

Steve2222

Reaction score
I was at the Divisional Round game at The Georgia Dome. It was right on par with CentLink in terms of loudness.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
We will get it. Not that it even matters because all I care about is making sure they take care of business against SF, but we will get it anyways.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":2t89pws5 said:
Who was it that used to bring a decibel meter to the games? Didn't he had readings far exceeding 131?

That was the user Palatypus, and his hand held meter registered something like 134db at a game during the 2006 season. Mind you, the instrument he was using to measure was not a science grade device, so the measurement isn't precise, but I would bet it was in the ball park.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
Marginal disappointment if we lost. But if it makes teams fear another stadium more then the Clink, good luck with that lol. RW will be more then happy to bring them back to reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.