Anybody else?

kidhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2wri6o7d said:
I've lived through 2-14 seasons and moving vans moving my team to California, this is nothing compared to the sadness and hopeless despair I used to feel before we won our SB.

I used to think the Hawks were cursed and we'd never win a SB. NOTHING compares to those feelings.

So yeah, this season's a bummer for sure. But any Hawk fan that lived through those dark times can surely handle a down year.

So much this

RiverDog

Reaction score
RiverDog":14ckeu1q said:
Along the same topic, I went to the Jags game and was appalled at the lack of in house attendance. It reminded me of the Behring days in the Kingdome.

Sgt. Largent":14ckeu1q said:
Hawk ticket holders have been spoiled the past decade, so it's not surprising they're not exactly super pumped about going to see a backup QB on a 2-5 team play one of the worst teams in the entire league.

We bought tickets for the Niner game in two weeks, and I'll be honest the thought of sitting in freezing rain for 3-4 hours to watch our offense struggle to score a TD isn't exactly what I had in mind in August when we bought the tickets.

The other tell tale sign of the waning of fan interest is the falling price of Hawk tickets on the secondary market. Tickets for the aforementioned Jags game were going for $35 on Stub Hub.

There's a lot of money being lost, from commercial advertising to television ratings to royalties on sagging paraphernalia sales (clothing, etc). At some point, you have to think that the execs at Vulcan will sit up and take notice.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1jqilcwp said:
Ouch, that was painful. And who can forget the classics like: Stan Gelbaugh? Jeff Kemp? Dan McGuire? Rick Mirer? Touchdown Jesus? To have Matt and Russ for so many seasons, many people have no clue how lucky we have been.
Just look at how many franchises have been searching for a good starting QB for literally decades.

Cleveland was a running joke w/all their QB's. Chicago..........brutal.

Lets not leave out Kelly Stouffer Lol.

A buddy and I had an argument years ago about who had the worse QBs, Seattle or Cleveland (he being a Browns fan). It was neck and neck at the time, but Hass and Russ gave him the win. He's still looking for that QB.

chris98251

Reaction score
Dave Krieg was a very good QB and criminally under rated. Jim Zorn was a hell of a draw as an Expansion Franchise QB. We have had a good bunch of QB's and RB's in our history.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
chris98251":3eybuita said:
Dave Krieg was a very good QB and criminally under rated. Jim Zorn was a hell of a draw as an Expansion Franchise QB. We have had a good bunch of QB's and RB's in our history.

I always thought Krieg was merely average and Zorn even less so. Not sure I would say Seattle has had a good bunch of QBs in their history.

chris98251

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":48nchql1 said:
chris98251":48nchql1 said:

I always thought Krieg was merely average and Zorn even less so. Not sure I would say Seattle has had a good bunch of QBs in their history.

As a expansion franchise and the marketing with him and Largent what the **** did you expect a Super Bowl in 1977, oh and Krieg was just behind Marino in total yards, again even this fan base doesn't appreciate him.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Honestly, I think I'm actually enjoying games more this year. The seasons from 2014-20 were in many ways bigger disappointments and less foreseeable for me than what this season has been so far. It's been a gradual lowering of expectations and I feel more relaxed and just enjoy whatever success happens.

Go Hawks!

toffee

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1jpneumy said:
chris98251":1jpneumy said:

Until the football God sent his son to save us in the form of Russell Wilson, but the evil kept crucifing our savior with PeteBall. Right ? But 12 knew, we saw how Russ walked on water.

Kreig, Zorn were mere prophets, ie savior wannàbes.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

keasley45

Reaction score
sprhawk73":8l1j6j3d said:
For the first time as a Seahawks fan I'm finding it hard to watch games.

Seeing Bobby looking like Bosworth sure didn't help.

In the past it seems like there has always been a number of players I loved to watch regardless if we were winning or not. And there always seemed to be a feeling of improvement or development going on.

I've never really been that big on RW, Lockett has had some amazing plays but he's no Baldwin, hell I think I'd rather watch Tate. The running core is stagnant, nobody is terrorizing quarterbacks or clearing the way for a run.

I guess Homer tried to give us some excitement.

Who in your opinion is worth getting excited about?

No way, dude. Win or lose , it's all part of the Seahawks story. If there were never a Dennis Erickson or Kelly Stouffer, and heartbreaking losses like V Testaverde's helmet TD, there would never had been Paul Allen, Mike Holmgren and our first SB. Had it not been for Mora Jr and the debacle that followed, we'd never found Pete, Russ and the record setting era we've just witnessed.

So as it is with 3-6 and the gloom and doom today. Might be we come out of it with the pieces we have, better than ever, or the whole thing blows up and a new era is ushered in... for better or worse.
It's all part of the story and there's always something in it to be positive and optimistic about. For me, it's far better than being a fan of any other team.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
chris98251":3jv9ut3p said:
pittpnthrs":3jv9ut3p said:
chris98251":3jv9ut3p said:

As a expansion franchise and the marketing with him and Largent what the f*** did you expect a Super Bowl in 1977, oh and Krieg was just behind Marino in total yards, again even this fan base doesn't appreciate him.

I expected pretty much what he was, an average to below average QB. Being a draw doesnt equate to being good. Krieg was horribly inconsistent. One game he would look great and then he would follow that up with a WTF game. He never looked like anything more than average Joe to me. Apparently everybody else is on that side of things or he'd be wearing a gold jacket like Marino.

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":35ebblzf said:
chris98251":35ebblzf said:
pittpnthrs":35ebblzf said:
chris98251":35ebblzf said:

As a expansion franchise and the marketing with him and Largent what the f*** did you expect a Super Bowl in 1977, oh and Krieg was just behind Marino in total yards, again even this fan base doesn't appreciate him.

I expected pretty much what he was, an average to below average QB. Being a draw doesnt equate to being good. Krieg was horribly inconsistent. One game he would look great and then he would follow that up with a WTF game. He never looked like anything more than average Joe to me. Apparently everybody else is on that side of things or he'd be wearing a gold jacket like Marino.
Exactly. Zorn sucked. He made a few plays here and there but he was average at best. Krieg was either hot or cold. When he was clicking he could hang with the best at the time but when he sucked he sucked badly. His play in the pocket was like my poop after jell-o-shots and taco bell....inconsistent. Mirer was our first half ass attempt at a franchise qb. But we've had some stinky signal callers. Guys like Kelly Stouffer, Stan Gelbaugh and Dan McGuire come to mind lol.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
It was so heartbreaking watching that 93 draft knowing the Patriots were taking Bledsoe and we were taking Mirer.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
RiverDog":31yl055y said:
RiverDog":31yl055y said:
Along the same topic, I went to the Jags game and was appalled at the lack of in house attendance. It reminded me of the Behring days in the Kingdome.

Sgt. Largent":31yl055y said:
Hawk ticket holders have been spoiled the past decade, so it's not surprising they're not exactly super pumped about going to see a backup QB on a 2-5 team play one of the worst teams in the entire league.

We bought tickets for the Niner game in two weeks, and I'll be honest the thought of sitting in freezing rain for 3-4 hours to watch our offense struggle to score a TD isn't exactly what I had in mind in August when we bought the tickets.

The other tell tale sign of the waning of fan interest is the falling price of Hawk tickets on the secondary market. Tickets for the aforementioned Jags game were going for $35 on Stub Hub.

There's a lot of money being lost, from commercial advertising to television ratings to royalties on sagging paraphernalia sales (clothing, etc). At some point, you have to think that the execs at Vulcan will sit up and take notice.
That started before the season though. Season ticket holders, like my cousin, sold most of his tickets before the season even started. Even then it was a buyer's market. The uncertainty of what the state allowed capacity was gonna be started the sell off. They were selling below face then. It just goes down from there with every loss

chris98251

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2blq2i5a said:
It was so heartbreaking watching that 93 draft knowing the Patriots were taking Bledsoe and we were taking Mirer.
Well they could have came out of the draft sweet with Kennedy, then either Hobert or Brunell later, a Left Tackle and a chance at a starter, we knew all three well being all Huskies also.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
chris98251":1f7b3a8q said:
pittpnthrs":1f7b3a8q said:
Well they could have came out of the draft sweet with Kennedy, then either Hobert or Brunell later, a Left Tackle and a chance at a starter, we knew all three well being all Huskies also.

True, but it was a foregone conclusion they were taking Mirer with the 2nd pick. I remember being at the bar watching that draft praying the Patriots would pass on Bledsoe for some reason although I knew it wasnt happening.

balakoth

Reaction score
Anyone ragging on bobby for that play clearly understands football in the least. Period.

Not happy with our team.. but anyone who tries to use that argument.. needs to go back to watching Cricket or Tennis... or something

evergreen

Reaction score
Don’t forget about getting burn by Warren Moons wife making him go to Houston instead of here because of the racism he faced at UW. He just won like 3 or 5 grey cups in Canada and was coming here or Houston. That was after we went 12-4 without Curt Warner. Thst was extremely close to greatness. I remember thinking you don’t think they’re racist in Texas? But I do remember going to a Husky game in 1977 and the guy next to us looks like DB Cooper. He’s got a brief case full of Budweiser. He was firiythe a word off the whole second half. Pretty shocking to me. My friend’s dad had those season tickets just for him and he said the guy was always like that. So I guess Warren’s wife was right. We could’ve been better than anybody then!

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
evergreen":220122ja said:
Don’t forget about getting burn by Warren Moons wife making him go to Houston instead of here because of the racism he faced at UW. He just won like 3 or 5 grey cups in Canada and was coming here or Houston. That was after we went 12-4 without Curt Warner. Thst was extremely close to greatness. I remember thinking you don’t think they’re racist in Texas? But I do remember going to a Husky game in 1977 and the guy next to us looks like DB Cooper. He’s got a brief case full of Budweiser. He was firiythe a word off the whole second half. Pretty shocking to me. My friend’s dad had those season tickets just for him and he said the guy was always like that. So I guess Warren’s wife was right. We could’ve been better than anybody then!
Yeah but Moon was asking too much and the Oilers actually offered $1 mil per year which at that time was astronomical .

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
evergreen":3fwjhhzr said:
Yeah but coming from the CFL Moon was asking too much and the Oilers actually offered $1 mil per year which at that time was astronomical . The Nordstroms were tight wads and it was hard to attract anyone worth a shit in free agency.

chris98251

Reaction score
evergreen":1jhlmqj7 said:

That wasn't the whole story Part of it was due to Chuck Knox not wanting to Trust a black QB again to run the team, he had James Harris in LA and while Harris I think was fine it was Chuck trust issues with any QB really that was the problem, Harris had a short leash and any struggles he was not allowed to work through.

Remember there was a perception issue back then about Black QB's and the ability to be able to pick up a NFL offense.

If there was an issue with discrimination in Seattle by Warrens wife that could have been a part of it.

Also Knox didn't want the QB to be the focal point of a team, Zorn was a local Legend and he went thru the criticism of replacing him with Krieg already he thought a Left handed QB made everything difficult on a Offense also. Bringing in Moon would have brought a home town hero back and I personally don't think he wanted that to be bigger then what he envisioned as the team identity, he wanted a running game.

I also think Moon had had conversations with Harris before his decision was made also if I remember correctly.

Latest posts