Are We Going To Exceed Expectations Again?

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
The 2nd half of the season dip was directly because of these two things falling off. The rookie tackles hit a wall and Walker got hurt, and most importantly the defense stunk and kept putting him in 14-0 holes by the 2nd quarter.
THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Last year, we snuck up on E V E R Y B O D Y that didn't walk into VMAC during the offseason. This year, we have a smidgen of less doubters but I think the collective still has us being in the "so-so" category. Vegas had us last year at 5.5 (HA!!) and 8.5 this year (HA!!).

Bet the over friends and make some money.

This team is building it right. I think (no way to know yet but gut feeling) we nailed it again in this draft like last year's. And IF that is the case, we could be looking at double digit dubs in 2023. I project the offense Top 5, and the defense Top 15. Baring major injuries, that should equate to at least 10 wins if not 11, 12.

Yes, yes, I see the same sludge schedule late November. I won't lie, that's a total 4-week Separate The Contenders from the Pretenders stretch.

If they split that stretch 2-2, look out.

I have them going 10-7 currently but definitely feel the closer to the season we get I will upgrade that to 11-6. Who's with me?
Well, it's way to early for this, but:

Just looking at the schedule. I'm not scared in the division. With the BWAGZ reverse-double-agent-revenge tour - we should take both rams games. The only game I 'think' we lose is @ sanfran in the division.

The only Losses that I see jump out at me:

Detroit - even tho I wanna pretend that we're all that - Detroit was a machine at the end of last season.
Dallas - Healthy Dak - loss potentially.
Philly - although I've read that they have their own problems this year.
Sanfran - loss in Sanfran.
1 other that we should win but will tank - random.

I think we could go 12-5 or 13-4 this year. There's a bunch of reasons that I think that - including, but not limited to; Jones - ya we're weak at ILB but I'm looking forward to what this mofo can do. RB Depth. Um, Bobby back?

We can quibble - but the FA/Draft/UDFA really went our way - DESPITE the predilections of PC/JS.

I think we have as much as we need/gonna get - and the new Geno 2.0 offense with new toys is gonna help. And NO MUNICH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Short answer: I'm with ya. +/- about 10%.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
I've consistently read most pundits calling the Niners the division winner, but most expect us to challenge and be a wildcard.

The only way we truly exceed expectations is by winning the division, winning the NFC and or superb owl.

Otherwise we're right where most folks expect.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Bobby wants to go out a champion. He can go back to calling the plays and Brooks and Bush will play the other lb although I bet Bush is better in coverage. (Brooks in a prove it year and banged up). Have D Hall/Taylor and Uchenna bringing it again. They had 47 sacks last year which was 7th in the league. The problem wasn’t the pass rush it was Cody Barton out of position or getting schooled by a slow fullback in coverage. We got trucked over in the run d.
Clint Hurtt guaranteed the D is going to be flat out nasty this year. Hoping the revamped unit pays off

LTH

Reaction score
I think the offense has a real chance to be very dynamic, very explosive and very difficult to defend.

It's pretty simple. This teams success depends on how much they get out of the last 2 rookie classes and how much the vets play to their potential. How long will it take for this team to find its identity?

The Hawks have the coaching staff for it, they have the philosophy to put it all together, now they just have to go do it.

For me it's too early to bet an over and under I have to see this team play. To be fair I don't believe they are done building. To many question marks on D at this point.

But what I can say is that I'm very encouraged by what I see so far. I trust Carroll as I see that even after being in the league for the years he has, he is still evolving and creating and that's encouraging to me.

And this next statement is dedicated to my good friend Pitt. Next is an LTH exclusive
Comment ...

"F@ck all that intrepid bullsh!t we are going to the SB !!!! Who's with me!!!!

LMAO!!!!

LTH

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
I’d put us on tier one in the nfc with Philly, SF and the Giants. Dallas is just meh 🫤 and Dak doesn’t really have what it takes to really go far in the playoffs. He’s had one playoff win his entire career. I do like the Lions but I mean let’s pump the brakes they’ve been getting hyped up a little too much and Goff is streaky, meaning he goes through periods of poor play and interceptions. Minnesota ain’t doing shit this year

seahawks08

Reaction score
We have the speed to cover some defensive holes. We may still give up some yards but we will tighten up our defense in the red zone. In my opinion, 9 guaranteed wins and 4 guaranteed losses. The rest is too close to call and will be how coaches perform, gel and put players to succeed, along with rookie’s getting on the job training and referees being nuetral.

morgulon1

Reaction score
I'm not worried about the offense. Year 2 for Geno should be better, a healthier deeper stable of RB's, TE's and O-line. And a new playmaking stud at WR.

But IMO we will fail or succeed with the front seven. It SHOULD be better (cause it really can't be worse can it?), but still very thin at the interior and LB spot.

A couple crucial injuries and I can see what happened last year happening again, teams gashing us up the middle with no solutions.

So on paper? Yes, this roster is ready to take the next step and challenge SF for the West. But the front seven could hold it back from that if it doesn't drastically improve play over last year.
Thank you for the post . My sentiments exactly. The offense has no reason not to kick seriuth ath. The defense is assembled from the back to the front with an emphasis on rotation for the defensive line. There will be ups and downs with all the new parts but will be good barring serious injury.

They built this come death.