Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (vs Eagles)

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I love the optimism!

My head says it will be close and the Hawks flounder defensively late. However, the Eagles are vulnerable and in a losing skid, Pete’s pissed with the D and they show up with some high paycheck guys sitting.

The Hawks stuff the Eagles running game and quiet Brown while Smith, Lockett, DK, JSN, and a two headed running game, get it done convincingly. The Hawk surprise and finally end their skid.

31-16 Seahawks win. Truly from the heart.

Last edited:

fire_marshall_bill

Reaction score
On paper the E-gulls are better, but I agree with some posters that the Hawks are due.

I'm old enough to remember them making late season surges in 1986, 1989, and I believe 1996? Much of the 90s is a blur filled with bad football... backs are to the wall (players too, not just coaches)

Seahawks 27
Eagles 20

billbird2111

Reaction score
Forget all the micro stories, the Seahawks will be ready for this one.

Book it.

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 28 - Eagles 23
I'm with Aros on this one. Pete Carroll is one heck of a coach, and he will have this team ready to rumble. Plus, the Seahawks are not out of the playoff picture, not by a longshot. They will make it as a wild card entry of course, and that may earn them a rematch with San Francisco down the road.

But, first things first: I'm picking the Hawks to win by 10. Possibly more. The Eagles are just shattered. Jalen can no longer run very far before going down on the first hit. There's little in the way of offensive threats other than one wide receiver. And that Eagles defense is just putrid. It's been shelled for three straight weeks. The Bills should have won that game that the Eagles came back late to win. The Bills would have won, had they had a semblance of a defense.

But both the 49ers and the Cowboys have exposed this Eagles team. Plus, the Seahawks nearly knocked off the Cowboys. If you don't think the Hawks can hang with the Eagles, this 49er fan does and is picking the Hawks to win.

nwHawk

Reaction score
I like what you are selling, but I’m not convinced the Hawks do enough to win. I see a close close and I think Philly will probably do just enough to grab a W in Seattle.

Geno should play, but rather than grabbing the ball and leading this team to victory I see a roller coaster of why. Why didn’t we score late, why did we struggle to move the football when the game was close, why couldn’t we run the football? Why did the Hawks fold late. Don’t hate, I would rather win, but Philly is in a must win too. Hawks backed themselves into this corner.

Seahawks…… 17
Eagles…………25

Season: 8-5

Weadoption

Reaction score
Eagles corners are old man, those cats ain’t the same. I bet DK absolutely dominates.
lots of Charb and no picks and this is winnable at home big time.
35-10 Hawks

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
I don't know how to play poker. Never learned. But I imagine in this scenario, I am at a high roller's table in Vegas. Eyes are shifting and telling all kinds of lies. The game isn't going as you planned. However, there's an out. Regardless of your hand, you control your destiny. Do you go all in?

I'm going all in. The Seahawks have officially entered "Nothing to lose" territory. We are all in at this point.

Eagles are on the down slide and I am CONVINCED we take this game at home, on Monday Night Football with Pete's very Head Coach life on the line.

Forget all the micro stories, the Seahawks will be ready for this one.

Book it.

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 28 - Eagles 23

Aros' Fearless Record: 8-5
Hawks 24
Eagles 23

94Smith

Reaction score
I think (and hope) the Seahawks win this one. Eagles D is not good at all , save for the pass rush. They are beatable, especially at Lumen Field. 31 -28 Seahawks
10-1 to date

hoxrox

Reaction score
Chance to make the playoffs with a win on Monday night: 37%.

Chance to make the playoffs with a loss: 7%

Chance to make the playoffs if they can win out the rest of the way: 99%

AubHawk71

Reaction score
I'm not as optimistic as Pitt. The locker room is fractured. Carroll lost the team. Fans will be chanting for Lock in the 3rd quarter.

Eagles 34
Seahawks 10

RTD 8-5
The players are already booking their winter trips to Cabo. But Pete "the wart" remains. Iggles 35 to 5.

droop828

Reaction score
Hawks have won 9 of the last 10 games they have played Philadelphia and I bet our home record on Monday night football is about the same in the last 10 games. That trend will continue

Hawks 34
Eagles 22

NoGain

Reaction score
Eagles 27
Hawks 20

As shaky as the Eagles have been this season, they have found ways to win games, whereas the Hawks have found ways to lose games. Both teams are trying to right their ships at this moment, and I just see the Eagles as having a better chance of doing so than us.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Wow, what a turn of events.

Sean Desai Has been demoted from Defensive Coordinator. I beat he wishes he never left Seattle. I am sure Seattle would love to have him back.

And Hurts probably doesn’t play this game. Seahawks have a real good chance to knock off the Eagles.

renofox

Reaction score
Wow, what a turn of events.

Sean Desai Has been demoted from Defensive Coordinator. I beat he wishes he never left Seattle. I am sure Seattle would love to have him back.

And Hurts probably doesn’t play this game. Seahawks have a real good chance to knock off the Eagles.
They clarified: Desai still DC. They just told him to GTFO the sidelines and quit calling plays. Patricia also keeps his same title but is now calling plays.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Sure looks like “we made a mistake “ to me.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Will it really be Mariota vs. Lock,

And also Tweedle Dum (Patrica) v. Tweedle Dummer (Hurrt)?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
It appears Jalen Hurt is playing while the Hawks will start Lock. Geno jams out when the rubber meets the the road.