Article on Russ trade scenarios/possibility -

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
There is no circumstance where trading Wilson makes sense but one:

If you can trade Wilson for Watson.

(No chance)

So in any scenario you never trade Wilson because you have an aging HC. He has a few years left coaching at best, if there is not some nighttime surprise. You don't pin your future on a 98 year old. You just don't. Especially when trading your QB puts you in rebuild mode for YEARS when the rest of your roster is aging.

There is no upside in keeping Carroll when looking at Carroll vs Wilson.

Even if you aren't a Wilson believer, you have to bet on Wilson because betting on Carroll is like going all in with a pair 4s. You might be able to win, but the odds are close to zero.

Wilson has several years of good football left not counting an extension. Carroll could literally have to bow out any day because of some medical issue. It makes no sense.

Carroll is wedded to a type of football the league is trying to discourage. Wilson has advantages all over the place in the kind of football the league is trying to push (and referees are pushed to officiate).

This is a weird thread because you cannot possibly advocate trading Wilson. For any reason. For almost any amount of picks or players short of another stud QB.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":235yksvs said:
There is no circumstance where trading Wilson makes sense but one:

If you can trade Wilson for Watson.

(No chance)
I'm not sure I'd even want Seattle to make that trade. I wouldn't entirely be against it, but I'd definitely be on the fence for a straight-up trade, for two reasons.

1) I'm not sure we wouldn't be getting a worse end of the deal. I think Russ's talent is equal to Watson's at the moment and we'd be trading away a proven winner for Watson's potential upside.

2) It'd signal to me that the Seahawks front office believe their problem lies in the QB spot and not on a scheme that needs to be adjusted, which would mean the Seahawks FO has no clue what they are doing.

It'd definitely be one of the only trade scenarios I can see where I wouldn't freak out but I think in that scenario SEA should get some sort of draft pick compensation as well before I'd be completely happy. (HOU gives SEA first rounder for a SEA third rounder or something).

xray

Reaction score
He wants to take what's left of his good years to a SB . He's given the Hawks his best for the most part . if I were Wilson. I would do some shopping . Wouldn't you ?

Latest posts