Atlanta Braves @ Seattle Mariners Apr 29 - May 1

raisethe3

Reaction score
Would love a sweep, but not our day today. I'll take 2 out of 3. Let's get back in the win column against the Astros.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Spoke too soon about Hancock. Tough outing for him today. Might have one more start before Woo comes back. Woo has another rehab start and then the couple days rest so we'll see. Hard to keep a team like the Braves down so long. Give Emerson some more time in Tacoma, he'll be ready to come back up soon.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
2 of 3 against a VERY good team, yet again is nothing to sneeze at. I was with the earlier poster who said they likely would lose today. Just keep winning series' and they'll be fine.

Threedee

Reaction score
This was always going to be a tough day for our lineup against Sale, but if this ump is going to be calling pitches half a foot outside the zone strikes, we basically have no chance.
With the umpiring continuing to be a dumpster fire, I wonder how much longer MLB can forestall the robots for balls and strikes?

stack55

Reaction score
The game was on Bally sports channel down here in Texas
so they had the Atlanta announcers. They were actually pretty cool dudes.

Cracked me up when they were eating grasshoppers and crickets.

Chapow

Reaction score
With the umpiring continuing to be a dumpster fire, I wonder how much longer MLB can forestall the robots for balls and strikes?

I think it's in the works and they've already been testing it out in the minor leagues. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I heard that somewhere.

Ruminator

Reaction score
The way some umpires' mental strike zone box more resembles a random blob outline, what the sport really needs is an assistive robot connected to the umpire that works much like a cattle prod -- it would instantly energize each time it recognizes an incorrect call.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
If an umpire calls strikes outside the box, then start swinging at them. Problem solved.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
I think it's in the works and they've already been testing it out in the minor leagues. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I heard that somewhere.
It is. I saw clips from last season where they had a challenge system set up. Either the catcher/pitcher or the batter can challenge a limited number of calls much like the replay system now. It wasn't 100% called by the computer, but there were ways to challenge a few calls per game. At least the ump would know he's been off and try to correct. It was also only active in a few games at a time, not universal, but it was a start.