Baldy's Breakdowns Jadeveon Clowney

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Fantastic breakdown.

His sack stat wasn't high, but other players "feasted" when he set the table for them.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
"...And rivals anything JJ Watt or Von Miller has ever done in a game."

Wow.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Loved it. Really showed how much Clowney was responsible for, even when it wasn't showing in the box score.

Smellyman

Reaction score
The slo-mo replay of Jefferson's 'egregious' helmet to helmet makes me more angry after that. at 2:31 of the video

hoxrox

Reaction score
Awesome breakdown. That was straight BEAST.

If this dline can keep improving...

The Twelvethman

Reaction score
Good Lord, how did any opposing QB leave a Texans game without a straightjacket if they weren't on a stretcher. Imagine twice that! :pukeface:

OP
OP
Polk738

Polk738

Reaction score
I was watching some tape of Frank Clark last year for comparison and I noticed Frank would come off the edge with a lot of speed and sometimes transfer that to power to get quite a bit of his sacks. Clowney during this game I felt like used more technique than anything to get into the backfield, his swim moves were just nasty. He definitely has power but its like he uses it in a more refined way compared to Frank Clark.

blazen2392

Reaction score
Polk738":1hb8cj3n said:
I was watching some tape of Frank Clark last year for comparison and I noticed Frank would come off the edge with a lot of speed and sometimes transfer that to power to get quite a bit of his sacks. Clowney during this game I felt like used more technique than anything to get into the backfield, his swim moves were just nasty. He definitely has power but its like he uses it in a more refined way compared to Frank Clark.

I don't get it. What changed all of a sudden? don't get me wrong Clowney has always been good but this is was the type of game of only really ever really from Aaron Donald and khalil mack.

ivotuk

Reaction score
blazen2392":3p6eorqq said:
Polk738":3p6eorqq said:

I don't get it. What changed all of a sudden? don't get me wrong Clowney has always been good but this is was the type of game of only really ever really from Aaron Donald and khalil mack.

What changed is Jarran Reed was finally getting back in to playing shape, and Quenton Jefferson being back on the field. That makes a HUGE difference as it takes the CONSTANT double-teams off of Clowney. And you see what happens when JaDeveon is 1 on 1.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I'm going to conservatively say there could have been at least 3 holding calls just in that highlight reel alone, that I don't think got called.

Seafan

Reaction score
The trio of Clowney, Reed and Jefferson helped each other a lot. You can throw Poona in there too. It will be interesting to see what the Eagle OL can do. The 9ers gave Clowney more 1on1 but also he is finally getting used to playing DE. He was effective as a blitzing LB in Houston but the Hawks are trying to use him more efficiently IMO. Having Reed in week one would have enabled the DL to get to this point a lot sooner IMO.

CANADIAN_HAWK

Reaction score
THAT HURDLE running down the line!!!! Dude is sick!

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1573611858550.jpg
    FB_IMG_1573611858550.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 793

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
blazen2392":1vwf22bc said:
Polk738":1vwf22bc said:

He started getting used as more pure Leo. Plus Shaquem Griffin was thrown in and provided the first actual speed element we've had on this DL since Clark left, which changed things up and down the line.

The cynical part of me thinks that Pete was planning this all along and just saved it for a big division game.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Didn’t he switch sides for this game from 5 tech to Leo? It worked JC is the piece that was missing and has been mis cast on the other side.

Reed showed up too!

Do you really think Pete has been holding this back? Seems a tad unlikely. Whatever it was it worked.

Perhaps maybe, the formula for a Hawks pass rush has been found. The team will shock Philly on the 24th.

To me this the most exciting news for some wh8le.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3o75zb61 said:
The cynical part of me thinks that Pete was planning this all along and just saved it for a big division game.
I actually thought this coming into the game and even more after. But I do think some of that was true because they were waiting for Diggs to debut as well. It was the perfect storm of Diggs and Jefferson playing, and Reed being in football shape finally.

kf3339

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":uqrrvh7o said:
MontanaHawk05":uqrrvh7o said:
I actually thought this coming into the game and even more after. But I do think some of that was true because they were waiting for Diggs to debut as well. It was the perfect storm of Diggs and Jefferson playing, and Reed being in football shape finally.

^This.

Getting Reed back at full speed along with Jefferson and Poona has transformed this line. Now opposing teams can't just double team Clowney with impunity. In addition moving him to the Leo frees him up which probably should have happened sooner that last Monday night.

Last having Diggs in the backfield at FS makes our back end look very respectful could start forcing QB's to hold the ball longer looking for an open receiver. Translated more potential sacks and pressures!

I really think our defense may be coming on this last 7 games and will transform this team from a solid WC potential option to potentially winning our division, bye week in the postseason and maybe, just maybe even home field thru-out the post season. Think of that!

getnasty

Reaction score
HawkGA":lf0nkxrq said:
I'm going to conservatively say there could have been at least 3 holding calls just in that highlight reel alone, that I don't think got called.

That's what caught my eye and your right i can't remember one being called.

getnasty

Reaction score
I think the biggest think is we were in press man a lot it seemed like. Jimmy G outside of a few quick slants wasn't able to just get the ball out so quick like teams have been doing.

Don't get me wrong Clowney wrecked the game by just killing whoever he was lined up against, didn't matter if it was from Leo or the 5 tech but making the QB hkld that ball for half a second longer helps too.

quadsas

Reaction score
Baldy's done tons of Hawks breakdowns. Does he love us or what

Latest posts