Bennett Yelling in locker room

pmedic920

Reaction score
SixSeahawk":373a1tr5 said:
Seahawks fans in Seattle don't like certain types of players.

Especially if said players don't tap dance for them and their entitlement.

This sounds WAY OFF base, maybe it’s not.
Could you elaborate please?

chris98251

Reaction score
SixSeahawk":2ytl111c said:

Is it Seattle people or posters that like the Seahawks, I have no problem with the Spencer Heywoods, Randy Johnsons,Gary Paytons, Shermans, Bennetts, or Lynchs if they back what they say and perform. Makes things more interesting, all those people that hated on Johnson for clocking that Bird that virtually exploded and his opinions was classic.

evergreen

Reaction score
I love the pic of him doing snow angels in the blue and green confetti after xlviii. But going offsides at the end of xl was the end. Up until that point it was far from over. People think it ended with the goal line pick. No sir. They were on the one foot one with 20 seconds left and we had a timeout. Obviously we needed a safety. There are more than two ways that could happen. Any loss of yardage and a safety. Any foul on the offensive line and a safety. Intentional grounding in the end zone, safety. Stop the sneak and Boom. Of course New England had no intention of hiking it. A delay of game costs them 6". What do they care, if they get us jumping offsides, it's game over. And it was.

olyfan63

Reaction score
pmedic920":1ni65amh said:
SixSeahawk":1ni65amh said:

While a great player aside from all the offsides, Bennett also had a double standard thing going on. There was the incident where Bennett was accused of tossing aside a wheelchair-bound female security guard and injuring her, I think at the Atlanta-NE Super Bowl, basically an assault, refused to show whatever pass he had (or didn't have), and generally acted very entitled and dismissive and above the law. He was charged with felony-level assault. Bennett, because of his rich athlete privilege, was able to hire good attorneys and beat the charge. Everyday people who can't afford real attorneys would have wound up in jail over an incident like that. Link below has one account of it. I think there are some videos out there showing parts of the altercation, but maybe didn't show it clearly enough, which was apparently how his lawyers got him off. I think the charge and the hassle and process of responding to it and the bad PR was probably enough punishment, but for Bennett, perhaps getting away with this crap would just embolden him more.

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/3/23/1715 ... er-bowl-51

My view on Bennett is "Good Riddance" as a declining player and a person and a disruption to team chemistry. The bit about jumping offsides in SB49 and elminating the opportunity for a safety was just another untimely bonehead play.

rcaido

Reaction score
olyfan63":y2m997wt said:
pmedic920":y2m997wt said:
SixSeahawk":y2m997wt said:

While a great player aside from all the offsides, Bennett also had a double standard thing going on. There was the incident where Bennett was accused of tossing aside a wheelchair-bound female security guard and injuring her, I think at the Atlanta-NE Super Bowl, basically an assault, refused to show whatever pass he had (or didn't have), and generally acted very entitled and dismissive and above the law. He was charged with felony-level assault. Bennett, because of his rich athlete privilege, was able to hire good attorneys and beat the charge. Everyday people who can't afford real attorneys would have wound up in jail over an incident like that. Link below has one account of it. I think there are some videos out there showing parts of the altercation, but maybe didn't show it clearly enough, which was apparently how his lawyers got him off. I think the charge and the hassle and process of responding to it and the bad PR was probably enough punishment, but for Bennett, perhaps getting away with this crap would just embolden him more.

My view on Bennett is "Good Riddance" as a declining player and a person and a disruption to team chemistry. The bit about jumping offsides in SB49 and elminating the opportunity for a safety was just another untimely bonehead play.

Or maybe he didn't do it & they made it all up? Just going by facts, its complete BS on everything that happened. Bennett knocked over powered wheel chair that weighed 800lb with a woman on it. You know how hard that would be to do that unintentionally? The "cop" recognize Bennett but didn't do anything to him or arrested him on site...They waited almost 3 months to finally charge him...Last but not least charges were drop because of insufficient evidence.

He kneels & he is black so that makes him guilty...

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
rcaido":36ihcxph said:
olyfan63":36ihcxph said:
pmedic920":36ihcxph said:
SixSeahawk":36ihcxph said:

Or maybe he didn't do it & they made it all up? Just going by facts, its complete BS on everything that happened. Bennett knocked over powered wheel chair that weighed 800lb with a woman on it. You know how hard that would be to do that unintentionally? The "cop" recognize Bennett but didn't do anything to him or arrested him on site...They waited almost 3 months to finally charge him...Last but not least charges were drop because of insufficient evidence.

Michael Bennett was a locker room cancer and continues to be EVERYWHERE he plays. This is just another of his childish tirades. His disruptions are all over his repertoire, he's an idiot.

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2019/10/...-michael-bennett-detrimental-conduct-nfl-news

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2018/3/2...-bennett-felony-eagles-seahawks-super-bowl-li

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I wonder if any of his teammates yelled at him after the game last night for yet again jumping offsides on a 3rd down giving the Bears a first?
oh wait, his teammates would have to actually care so never mind

rcaido

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":25x1brb0 said:
rcaido":25x1brb0 said:
olyfan63":25x1brb0 said:
pmedic920":25x1brb0 said:

Michael Bennett was a locker room cancer and continues to be EVERYWHERE he plays. This is just another of his childish tirades. His disruptions are all over his repertoire, he's an idiot.

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2019/10/...-michael-bennett-detrimental-conduct-nfl-news

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2018/3/2...-bennett-felony-eagles-seahawks-super-bowl-li

Bennett was praised early on as a Seahawk, only when he started kneeling is when certain fans decided he is now a distraction & cancer. Yelling at teammates to light a fire, i mean just recently Duane Brown did the same thing on national tv, but doing in the locker room is consider more cancerous? Asking for more playing time is considered bad? Shows to me he has a lot of passion. a player that still wants to win if you ask me.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
He was great player for us when he was here, but he started getting a tad weird and believing his press clippings before he was traded away for next to nothing. In short he was identified as a problem player who was not all in with the team culture of Pete.

I loved him when he was here, thought his very first stay here was ridiculously cut short by the dummy Russell who kept two kickers at the loss of a promising UDFA pass rusher, and am now glad he plays elsewhere. He always tied the snap count and still takes a large number of bad penalties for encroachment or offsides. The team got rid of Bennett at the right time as his play has tailed off to not very effective since he left.

rcaido

Reaction score
jammerhawk":1houufky said:
He was great player for us when he was here, but he started getting a tad weird and believing his press clippings before he was traded away for next to nothing. In short he was identified as a problem player who was not all in with the team culture of Pete.

I loved him when he was here, thought his very first stay here was ridiculously cut short by the dummy Russell who kept two kickers at the loss of a promising UDFA pass rusher, and am now glad he plays elsewhere. He always tied the snap count and still takes a large number of bad penalties for encroachment or offsides. The team got rid of Bennett at the right time as his play has tailed off to not very effective since he left.

Not really, he played pretty awesome w/ the Eagles last season. This year he has double the sacks of our leading Seahawks w/ very limited snaps & not even a starter for majority of the season. Guy was & still is disruptive beast on defense. Dallas got him for a 7th rounder & only paying him 2million. Would have made the Seahawks front line defense right now w/ Clowney stupid scary.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
rcaido":12ea7p5k said:
Not really, he played pretty awesome w/ the Eagles last season. This year he has double the sacks of our leading Seahawks w/ very limited snaps & not even a starter for majority of the season. Guy was & still is disruptive beast on defense. Dallas got him for a 7th rounder & only paying him 2million. Would have made the Seahawks front line defense right now w/ Clowney stupid scary.
How many penalties has he had, though? That was a real problem while he was a Seahawk. I just checked nflpenalties.com, he had only five last year with the Eagles, he's got six this year thus far with Dallas, but he had 12 with the Seahawks in 2017. Ugh, lol.

rcaido

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3lkxigz1 said:
rcaido":3lkxigz1 said:
How many penalties has he had, though? That was a real problem while he was a Seahawk. I just checked nflpenalties.com, he had only five last year with the Eagles, he's got six this year thus far with Dallas, but he had 12 with the Seahawks in 2017. Ugh, lol.

yeah I checked too and seem like that was a really bad year in penalties. he averaged about 6 to8 a year prebiously. Clowney had 13 back to back seasons. He has quite a few here too.

Latest posts