Best off season signing: Jarran Reed

LTH

Reaction score
Reed is the best off season FA signing!! Up to this point, none of the other free off season acquisitions even came close. And Reed is playing a position, NT, that he hasn't played for awhile.

Need to control his snap counts though, Reed is getting on age.
Reed is a product of Carroll's culture. He is The perfect example.

LTH

NoGain

Reaction score
Reed's been great so far. I worry that we're relying on him too much, though. We don't have much sure-fire on the interior defensive front. Please stay healthy.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Reed's been great so far. I worry that we're relying on him too much, though. We don't have much sure-fire on the interior defensive front. Please stay healthy.
Ya, if Reed gets hurt, I don't see how it won't get ugly.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
I thought they asked him to take a pay cut and he said no, so they cut him. Can't remember exactly though.

The Seahawks asked Reed to restructure his contract in a way that would not have reduced his compensation, but that would have had different cap accounting, freeing up more cap space (salary converted to signing bonus, void years added for cap-accounting purposes). The Seahawks needed that cap space at the time.
Reed wanted to negotiate a new three-or-more-year extension, but the Seahawks weren't interested in doing that at the time because of contract obligations to other players. Reed stood firm and refused to accept the restructure and informed the Seahawks he wanted to go elsewhere. The Seahawks couldn't find a worthwhile trade for Reed, so they released him.

EDITED to fix verb tense in the first sentence

Last edited: