Biggest Surprise of the Year (So Far)

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Pete didn't seat RW the past two weeks.
Going into the toughest stretch of the season, our QB is only 50%, our O-Line still stinks. Our backup QBs have zero NFL experience. We are one hit away from RW being out ... and a rookie out there is YUGE games?
Pete is playing with fire.

kf3339

Reaction score
If I had to pick one thing it would be RW's play to date this season. Even with all of the injuries he still chooses to play every game. If he feels that he can compete, then show it on the field. He as stated above only has 5 TD's after seven games. That's bad.

I'm not surprised about our O-Line. We all knew it was going to be a problem.

I'm not surprised by our lack of a strong running game. You need an adequate O-line to make it work.

I'm not surprised by our lack of defensive turnovers. We are not trying to force the issue, which I personally don't get.

I'm not surprised by our defensive scoring numbers. We are a bend but don't break defense. That is what has been happening. That is also why we don't have the turnovers.

I'm not surprised that PC still has no clue that his offense isn't creative and those coaches have no clue how to make the necessary changes.

I'm not surprised that PC has not gotten on Richard to be more aggressive and creative on defense to force more turnovers, or at least more 3 and outs. PC won't put pressure on Richard to do so and it shows.

That is all.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3cfzo9ju said:
Spin Doctor":3cfzo9ju said:
seahawkfreak":3cfzo9ju said:
How much of a non factor Christine Michael is. Thought he was close to Rawls level but CM is average at best
In all honesty, we have not even attempted to establish the running game in most of the games we have played. Michael is still averaging over four yards per carry, and has five touchdowns to his name which is the same amount as Russell Wilson has by the way. This is one of the many misgivings I have about our play calling this year, we have completely abandoned the run.

It's quite possible that Rawls has four yards per carry BECAUSE we haven't established the run.

If we try to run seriously, Michael would soon find himself running against stacked fronts, upon which we'd see what kind of RB he really is.

My issue with CM is that he is only taking what the OL gives him. All his big runs have been from huge holes. I'm sure many here like myself are on the edge of the couch thinking he's about ready to bust one wide open then he falls on his face or he just cant break that one last tackle.

rcaido

Reaction score
Jimmy Graham - I thought he was done but he had some amazing games as of late, then when you expect him to have his biggest game against his former team, Bevell tried to be clever & use him as decoy.

Also our record, how badly we played so far, i didn't think we would be in first place in our division.

tonyseahawk

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":1i4bp2f5 said:
MontanaHawk05":1i4bp2f5 said:
Spin Doctor":1i4bp2f5 said:
seahawkfreak":1i4bp2f5 said:
How much of a non factor Christine Michael is. Thought he was close to Rawls level but CM is average at best
In all honesty, we have not even attempted to establish the running game in most of the games we have played. Michael is still averaging over four yards per carry, and has five touchdowns to his name which is the same amount as Russell Wilson has by the way. This is one of the many misgivings I have about our play calling this year, we have completely abandoned the run.

It's quite possible that Rawls has four yards per carry BECAUSE we haven't established the run.

If we try to run seriously, Michael would soon find himself running against stacked fronts, upon which we'd see what kind of RB he really is.

My issue with CM is that he is only taking what the OL gives him. All his big runs have been from huge holes. I'm sure many here like myself are on the edge of the couch thinking he's about ready to bust one wide open then he falls on his face or he just cant break that one last tackle.

Reminds me of Chris Warren. Fast through the hole...real fast, but slap him hard on his leg and watch a lip skid. Same with SA toward the end of his career. Had to have a huge hole he could glide through, but would look awesome doing it :)

Bullmeister

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":1do2tnsx said:

Considering how questionable the O-Line is, is this a fair evaluation?

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I'm surprised that anyone could look at the makeup of this offensive line in preseason and expect anything different than what we have seen from them.

Steve2222

Reaction score
The biggest part of our offensive struggles are back breaking penalities. Hard to keep a drive going when you're constantly 2 & 15. Also doesn't help when Christine Michael tries to bounce it outside to gain an additional 2 yards all the while risking a 6 yard loss. Marshawn Lynch rarely, if ever, took chances like that. He would take what the defense gave him and eventually those 2 to 3 yard gins would erupt into 7 to 8 yard rushes.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Graham coming back faster than Rawls. Graham was ealing with a potentially career threatening injury while Rawls' injury seemed to be relatively minor.

Honorable mentions to Britt's amazing switch to center and the ineptitude of the offense.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Ambrose83":3gnuzz34 said:
LeftHandSmoke":3gnuzz34 said:
How strong our pass rush has been.

Where was it Sunday? Breed had all day
Okay, Sunday excluded against that lightning quick release QB.

But the sacks, hits and pressures are for sure up this year. The DL is on par with the LOB and the overall stats for Defense look good despite a slight lapse so far in the secondary.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Bullmeister":1fckse7p said:
seahawkfreak":1fckse7p said:

Considering how questionable the O-Line is, is this a fair evaluation?

Sure do. I'm not expecting heroics but he really has not broken any plays. The one he had you could have drove a bus through the hole. He is underperforming.

pmedic920

Reaction score
There's only been 1273 "fire Bevelle" threads :{)

Seriously, I'm surprised at the offensive struggles. I truly expected to see progression NOT regression.
Even with the injuries to RW, I expected more that what we've seen so far.