Bo Nix is my pick right now

12forlife

Reaction score
If the Hawks were serious about drafting a QBOTF, they'd probably need to accrue some more draft capital to pull off getting one of the top QB prospects. Teams currently above us that wil be/likely be/possibly be looking for a QBOTF...

--Bears
--Patriots
--Cardinals
--Giants
--Tampa Bay
--Raiders
--Saints
--Falcons

A lot depends upon where we end up in the draft order, or how many teams we rise above on the draft board based upon our remaining schedule and how well we and other teams above perform. I'm becoming so increasingly disinterested in our playoff hopes this year that I'd be fine with finishing 8-9 or even 7-10 if it meant a higher spot in the draft, but even then, it seems like the top QB prospects will be off the board as it stands now.
Well I think Zona drafts WR Harrison, and roll with Murray. Then if Chicago goes QB I have a feeling Fields ends up at Atlanta or Vegas? You forgot to add Minnesota to the list. Either way if there is a guy they want out of Daniels, McCarthy or Penix they may have to move up.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
This has nothing to do with the fact that he plays for Whoregon, but.........where is he when the game is on the line?
Could he be a good QB in the NFL? Sure. Nobody really knows. But he also doesn't come up big in huge games. Kid can play though.
All that being said, watch the Hawks draft BO FOR 3

bileever

Reaction score
So PFF's recent 2024 mock draft has Caleb Williams and Drake Maye going 1-2 in the draft (with Marvin Harrison Jr. going #3). Jayden Daniels is #9. More interestingly, Bo Nix is projected to fall to #21 and Penix is pased up in the first round entirely.

In these early projections, the QBs are always lower, and usually end up going higher than the first projections.

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
4,000+ yards
40 TD's
3 INT's
5 sacks

Can those numbers be ignored? Not saying he's a guarantee, but those numbers do say something about him, even if it is just in a college system.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I wouldn't have any problems seeing him in Seattle. Good player. College numbers guarantee nothing in the NFL though.
Winning big games should matter a lot when choosing a QB, imo. Does the guy have a killer instinct or not. Does he win when the game is on the line etc.

Threedee

Reaction score
I was in my vet's office the other day, and a guy with a pup was explaining to a guy in Huskies gear how he had wanted to name the dog Penix, but decided not to go through with it. I responded, "so you Nixed that idea?"

Solid PAC-12 pun from yours truly.

WarHawks

Reaction score
5 td's by Nix today in 3 quarters of play. I can't even fathom having a qb on the Hawks who can score 5 td's. To state the obvious, we need that.

GemCity

Reaction score
After watching JJ McCarthy today, I’m hoping we don’t consider him.

Alabama has a good D…McCarthy didn’t throw any picks but, there’s some stuff missing from his game.

I’m not basing my opinion off of one game…I’ve watched him a few times this year and have seen a few mock drafts with us snatching him up in the 3rd.

He looks like a 4th to 5th round pick to me…I know of a certain Michigan QB that was picked up late and managed to become the GOAT.

But, McCarthy is off my list.

Edit: not trying to derail….my QB would be Penix, Daniels, or Nix (in that order). Caleb Williams? I have my suspicions on that dude.

Nix seems like the guy we’d best have a shot at. I don’t see JS trading up for Penix or Daniels although, I’d love to be completely wrong.

Last edited: