Bobby Signs 3 Yr/$54 Million Extension!

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Scorpion05":66fsd5vt said:
A class act, he’s our Ray Lewis

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I mean, uhh??????

Both in terms of skill set/style of play at MLB and being a "class act" and endlessly team-first guy I think the comp is Patrick Willis, TBH.

EDIT:

I know because Willis' career was cut short due to injuries that *some* people here might think a Willis comp is underrating Wagner, but that's really not true.

In the 8 Seasons He's Played So Far Wagner:
5x all pro
4x first team all pro
1x second team all pro

In 8 Seasons Willis (who only played 8 seasons):
7x all pro
5x first team all pro
1x second team all pro

If you wanna know the agony of 9ers fans, imagine that out of the blue Wagner had to retire due to injury this week instead of signing a three year extension. :lol:

Popeyejones

Reaction score
McGruff":35mx1act said:
Popeyejones":35mx1act said:
Scorpion05":35mx1act said:
A class act, he’s our Ray Lewis

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Was going to comment on that. Assumed it was irony?

My guess is by Lewis, Scorpion meant "team leader," and didn't mean "murderer"/"loud mouth"/"constant sh!t stirrer in the Ravens organization both during and after his career" :lol:

chris98251

Reaction score
Wagner will be 33 or so when this deal is done, chances of another long term payday are small, a spot duty roll is most likely after this at least here. MLB's take a lot of pounding. 1 year contract would seem to be his deals going forward unless a team reaches. He would be in that danger zone of risk.

McGruff

Reaction score
Barton will take over for KJ at WILL next year, which is essentially the same as MIKE in our scheme.

In 2 or 3 years he will be ready to take over at MIKE.

D

DomeHawk

sutz":1z0li5he said:
Good news! Good compromise. Bobby got his $18m per and the team limited risk to 3 years.

I guess I can live with it. I believe we have a CBA fight coming up in a couple of years, right? I'm sure that played into the deal.

:2thumbs: :irishdrinkers:

^^^^Yep!

Chawker

Reaction score
This is great news! Glad to hear Bobby will be with us until 22.

:0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l:

McGruff

Reaction score
Chawker":2vus2wy4 said:
This is great news! Glad to hear Bobby will be with us until 22.

:0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l:

Well, likely 21 . . . But good none the less.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Seahawks/status/1154924231307624448[/tweet]

AgentDib

Reaction score
kobebryant":1vywqlsi said:
Already a top 5 all-time Seahawk, and his ascent up the ranks continues.
I love Bobby and think he's in the conversation. I'd still give 5th to Jacob Green based off 13 seasons of NFL play instead of 7 seasons. It's tough for me at #6-#9 with Hass, Wagner, Nash and Krieg.

Of course if Wagner finishes out this extension then I think he'll have the 5th spot by himself.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
There was simply NO doubt in my mind, heart or soul that this was gonna get done. Not a single bead of sweat.
Also, GREAT WORK reppin' for yourself Bobby! ZERO drama, BOTH 'teams' WON, and we ALL get to CONTINUE to enjoy watching a classy TMNT wreck shop and teach our newwies how it's done! :irishdrinkers:

olyfan63

Reaction score
SE174":f9dalzbu said:
<snip>
For the record, I don't think ill of ETIII or Clark, just that they, like Bennett and Sherm, were big personalities that seemed to cultivate a sense of independence and divisiveness between players and the front office instead of working together. #GoHawks!

How the hell do you get Frank Clark as being divisive in the way that Earl became?
Are you talking about the media agenda-driven garbage before Clark even reported to camp as a rookie?

All I've seen from Clark as a Seahawk is see him work his ass off from Day 1, get good, get better, and then get the Seahawks a very nice draft haul in the trade with KC.

What did Clark do as a Seahawk that was ever anything but being a role model and team player?
ET made dumb choices, especially on the first surgery, then blamed the Hawks for his impulsive and foolish stunts and burned his bridges when he left.

D

DomeHawk

olyfan63":iopnrjot said:
SE174":iopnrjot said:
<snip>
For the record, I don't think ill of ETIII or Clark, just that they, like Bennett and Sherm, were big personalities that seemed to cultivate a sense of independence and divisiveness between players and the front office instead of working together. #GoHawks!

How the hell do you get Frank Clark as being divisive in the way that Earl became?
Are you talking about the media agenda-driven garbage before Clark even reported to camp as a rookie?

All I've seen from Clark as a Seahawk is see him work his ass off from Day 1, get good, get better, and then get the Seahawks a very nice draft haul in the trade with KC.

What did Clark do as a Seahawk that was ever anything but being a role model and team player?
ET made dumb choices, especially on the first surgery, then blamed the Hawks for his impulsive and foolish stunts and burned his bridges when he left.

:ditto: I'm on a roll, two agrees in one thread, lol.

sc85sis

Reaction score
I highly recommend checking out the vid of his post-practice press conference today as soon as it's available. Bobby is not only a great player, but he's also a mature, thoughtful man. Seattle is lucky to have him.