Bobby Wagner applied a huge hit Monday night

VegasSeaHawk

Reaction score
Didn’t NFL Hall of Famer Mike Curtis famously lay out a fan on the field while playing for us in his twilight years?

evergreen

Reaction score
He can help stop a threat to someone. Who knew what that smoking thing was gonna do next. That dude is a criminal. He was a good Samaritan. He didn't kill him or anything like that. But of course we all knew this was coming. Poor criminal victim. Just like the protestors did during TDF.

P.S. I enjoyed it immensely on the Manning show. I remember Mike Curtis on the Colts taking out some intruder back in the 60s when they still showed it. That dude needed a stretcher. Bobby showed restraint.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Didn’t NFL Hall of Famer Mike Curtis famously lay out a fan on the field while playing for us in his twilight years?
Yep. I watched it live, and posted about it earlier in the thread. And BTW, not that it makes a huge difference, but Curtis's incident occurred in 1971:

Marvin49

Reaction score
George Kittle told media that the protesters stunt injured a security staff in the leg. Today BWags said the same. Marvin49 was at the game and said on here it looked bad.

Bobby was completely in the right. The smoke bomb did injure the protester himself, God knows if he’d lobbed it into the sideline of not just players but staff.

The injured security guard should sue this bratty peta knockoff for all it has.
Wasn't the smoke bomb that injured him. That was just annoying.

Guard was hurt on the field attempting chase. He was a long ways away from the protester.

Doesn't change the point. I take no issue whatsoever in what Wagner did.

Marvin49

Reaction score
So I guess I get to be the legal bad guy.

Bobby was not at his home,
The man had no intentions of hurting anyone
The man himself did not injure anyone.
Was it a clown move of the man? Yes.
Was it illegal of the man? Yes.

Forget that this is in a stadium, that means nothing in the legal realm. Consider that this happened on the streets.

If a man runs in the street with a smoke bomb thing like he did, can you leave the side walk to attack him?

It boils down to did B8bby feel threatened and he use the minimum force needed to stop the threat.

Its close because of the smoke, but I say Bobby will have to cough up some cash...you just can't attack a guy because you feel like it.
If that were the case then you could say the security guards aren't allowed to tackle him.

The guy was in a place he wasn't allowed to be.

Someone who was where they were supposed to be assisted the guard in apprehending him.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
If that were the case then you could say the security guards aren't allowed to tackle him.

The guy was in a place he wasn't allowed to be.

Someone who was where they were supposed to be assisted the guard in apprehending him.

Yup.

This Direct Action Everywhere group are basically animal ecoterrorists. Now imagine you in your 100 or 200 level seat having this “harmless” smoke bomb detonated near you and your family all squeezed in there.

You know what would happen. I suspect Levi’s is gonna start checking people hard.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Yup.

This Direct Action Everywhere group are basically animal ecoterrorists. Now imagine you in your 100 or 200 level seat having this “harmless” smoke bomb detonated near you and your family all squeezed in there.

You know what would happen. I suspect Levi’s is gonna start checking people hard.
It's not just the smoke itself that was the threat. There was a chance that the crowd could have assumed that it was poisonous, perhaps if several people started coughing and gagging, panicked and started a stampede to get away from it.

There is nothing in the law that says that citizens have to sit idly by and watch someone break the law. What would have happened on 9/11 if the passengers on Flight #93 had not stormed the cockpit and cause the plane to crash prior to reaching its target? So long as Bobby didn't impede law enforcement or use excessive force to subdue/detain the offender, he was completely within his rights, indeed his obligation as a citizen, to take the action that he did.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
It's not just the smoke itself that was the threat. There was a chance that the crowd could have assumed that it was poisonous, perhaps if several people started coughing and gagging, panicked and started a stampede to get away from it.

There is nothing in the law that says that citizens have to sit idly by and watch someone break the law. What would have happened on 9/11 if the passengers on Flight #93 had not stormed the cockpit and cause the plane to crash prior to reaching its target? So long as Bobby didn't impede law enforcement or use excessive force to subdue/detain the offender, he was completely within his rights, indeed his obligation as a citizen, to take the action that he did.

Santa Clara County should have hauled these two to jail if even for a couple of nights.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
A stadium is not a street. If you are a player, staff Or fan, everyone’s going into it with a reasonable expectation you won’t be affected by a indindary device, which in fact was the only injury sustained by this protester.

Like Bobby said, he didn’t know what additional hazards this guy would present.
I'm not a lawyer - but isn't a stadium sorta like my balcony on my condo? it's private property. Well, not private, but the language is "you are granted exclusive use of the common property attached to your suite". It's not yours, and by virtue of using it/being present, other conditions apply to you.

Stadium is private property. You're permitted access for a fee. For that fee, you have to 'agree' to certain things. So, no, while it's technically in public, it's not public property.

And F*** that dude. Go bobby! ;)

RiverDog

Reaction score
Santa Clara County should have hauled these two to jail if even for a couple of nights.
At a minimum, those two should be banned from attending an event in that stadium or jurisdiction for a period of time. They also need to be made to pay Bobby's legal expenses should it get to the point that he has to defend himself.