OP
OP
TheLegendOfBoom

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
chris98251":2y5ixh17 said:
TheLegendOfBoom":2y5ixh17 said:
Mase":2y5ixh17 said:
— May I suggest we just don’t respond to statements a demonstrably stupid as the OP. I see debating a statement of a player having a good game or a bad game, but when you take the most reliable player on this defense, and trash him like he is Kyle Clifton, then you are just posting to troll. I will use Wagner’s own words.

“Keep my name, out your mouth.”
Cry me a river.

You need to take your blind homer glasses off and look at, evaluate and analyze players from a football macro level.

If you’re saying that Wagner has only been great because he had assistance from various other areas around him previously, and now that they are gone, was Wagner really the previous playmaker you thought he was? Or was he really a by product of other talented players and the system.

You need to evaluate him individually and his individual coverage skills are not great this season.

Was exactly has Wagner done well this year?

Pro football focus has graded Wagner lowest he’s been in years.

There are zones that the linebackers are tasked with covering and are rated on and Wagner has not faired well.

So, may I suggest you learn football before you post on this board.

Or even discuss it amongst other human beings.

You probably never even played football in your life.

You say "You need to take your blind homer glasses off and look at, evaluate and analyze players from a football macro level"

But throw this in. "Pro football focus has graded Wagner lowest he’s been in years."

So you are not grading him and using your superior football knowledge, you are using someone else's charts and graphs and opinions.

You also say individual performance, ok to a degree, but having rookies and unhealthy team mates and injured players around you allow teams to take and target you as a threat higher then the others making your play less then stellar, you also tend to try and compensate for them.

Seen this happen with Ray Louis also till they got healthy and brought in better support around him.

You know, if you don’t back up your claims and include a source, chances are you are not credible. And when I do so, I’m called “you are using someone else’s charts and graphs.”

You ever take college writing? It’s called, “Include your sources.”

I’m not upset you don’t agree with me, in fact, there are plenty of people here that have noticed Wagner is not playing well this year.

Go back and watch the game against the Bucs and both games against the Rams. You can even watch the game against the Niners in Santa Clara, Wagner was out of position a lot and got destroyed at the second level by offensive lineman on a lot of the big plays. You cannot get caught like that.

Listen, people are upset with me and I get it, feelings are hurt, most people posting here have never played football in their life, but are mad cause I call it how it is, etc. but do you yourself, honestly, think Wagner has been great this year? Just ask yourself that and think about it for the rest of this season.

Like Marshawn said, “Happy holidays and Merry New Year!”

chris98251

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":2armm5zb said:
chris98251":2armm5zb said:
TheLegendOfBoom":2armm5zb said:
Mase":2armm5zb said:
— May I suggest we just don’t respond to statements a demonstrably stupid as the OP. I see debating a statement of a player having a good game or a bad game, but when you take the most reliable player on this defense, and trash him like he is Kyle Clifton, then you are just posting to troll. I will use Wagner’s own words.

“Keep my name, out your mouth.”
Cry me a river.

You need to take your blind homer glasses off and look at, evaluate and analyze players from a football macro level.

If you’re saying that Wagner has only been great because he had assistance from various other areas around him previously, and now that they are gone, was Wagner really the previous playmaker you thought he was? Or was he really a by product of other talented players and the system.

You need to evaluate him individually and his individual coverage skills are not great this season.

There are zones that the linebackers are tasked with covering and are rated on and Wagner has not faired well.

You say "You need to take your blind homer glasses off and look at, evaluate and analyze players from a football macro level"

But throw this in. "Pro football focus has graded Wagner lowest he’s been in years."

So you are not grading him and using your superior football knowledge, you are using someone else's charts and graphs and opinions.

You also say individual performance, ok to a degree, but having rookies and unhealthy team mates and injured players around you allow teams to take and target you as a threat higher then the others making your play less then stellar, you also tend to try and compensate for them.

Seen this happen with Ray Louis also till they got healthy and brought in better support around him.

You know, if you don’t back up your claims and include a source, chances are you are not credible. And when I do so, I’m called “you are using someone else’s charts and graphs.”

I’m not upset you don’t agree with me, in fact, there are plenty of people here that have noticed Wagner is not playing well this year.

Go back and watch the game against the Bucs and both games against the Rams. You can even watch the game against the Niners in Santa Clara, Wagner was out of position a lot and got destroyed at the second level by offensive lineman on a lot of the big plays. You cannot get caught like that.

Listen, people are upset with me and I get it, feelings are hurt, most people posting here have never played football in their life, but are mad cause I call it how it is, etc. but do you yourself, honestly, think Wagner has been great this year? Just ask yourself that and think about it for the rest of this season.

No,the whole defense has looked a step out of sync this year, the secondary trying to find it's self and seemed to when we acquired Diggs, then we started having D line issues and have not had a healthy front all season, throw in Kendricks hurt and McDougald banged up, Bobby is in the middle of that, Woods and Ford and the rest the DT rotation are suppose to keep guys off him to make plays as well and that has not worked always. When allowed to play his game he is still top notch, as I stated guys start trying to compensate for other players if there is an issue or a learning curve and once we do that we lose gap and containment.

That is part of what I think is happening on the defense, we have had times over the years where they have had to have a reset and get everyone checked back into focus on this. It might be time as a leader for Bobby as well as others to re check themselves and the defense and get back to assignments and gap responsibility and not compensate, it throws everything sideways.

Some things you have to see and put down on paper so to speak, most stats don't look at things behind the curtain. You can also parse information to fit a take and agenda, god I see it at work all the time, snap shots without consideration of circumstances.

We can discuss football without having a website tell us what to think, something I think we are missing here these days.

OP
OP
TheLegendOfBoom

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
chris98251":33vq1sz3 said:
TheLegendOfBoom":33vq1sz3 said:
chris98251":33vq1sz3 said:
TheLegendOfBoom":33vq1sz3 said:
Cry me a river.

No,the whole defense has looked a step out of sync this year, the secondary trying to find it's self and seemed to when we acquired Diggs, then we started having D line issues and have not had a healthy front all season, throw in Kendricks hurt and McDougald banged up, Bobby is in the middle of that, Woods and Ford and the rest the DT rotation are suppose to keep guys off him to make plays as well and that has not worked always. When allowed to play his game he is still top notch, as I stated guys start trying to compensate for other players if there is an issue or a learning curve and once we do that we lose gap and containment.

That is part of what I think is happening on the defense, we have had times over the years where they have had to have a reset and get everyone checked back into focus on this. It might be time as a leader for Bobby as well as others to re check themselves and the defense and get back to assignments and gap responsibility and not compensate, it throws everything sideways.

Some things you have to see and put down on paper so to speak, most stats don't look at things behind the curtain. You can also parse information to fit a take and agenda, god I see it at work all the time, snap shots without consideration of circumstances.

We can discuss football without having a website tell us what to think, something I think we are missing here these days.

Good post!

I agree with your take on Diggs, I say we have a chance with him.

Without Diggs and Clowney at 100 percent, the defense is toast.

Solid insight!

Respect!