Chad Wheeler is in King County Jail.

sc85sis

Reaction score
My mom tried to help a woman with bipolar who went off her meds. She tried to grab the wheel of the car from my mom and nearly got them in an accident. She tried to claim my mom beat her. She claimed my mom had stolen from her. My mom finally had to give up and cut off all contact.

The lady in question was not a 300+ pound man who was paid to play a brutal sport. I can see where the combo of FB player, severe bipolar and no meds could lead to very bad things.

None of that excuses what Chad did; he needs to face real jail time in addition to treatment. But I can see where his illness may have made things go a lot worse than they might have otherwise.

Let’s also send out good thoughts to his girlfriend. She’s going to have both physical and emotional healing to do.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/ChadWheeler72/status/1354543449282727939[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ChadWheeler72/status/1354543600315502594[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ChadWheeler72/status/1354543658599518208[/tweet]

Mental health disorders account for several of the top causes of disability in established market economies, such as the U.S., worldwide, and include: major depression (also called clinical depression), manic depression (also called bipolar disorder), schizophrenia, and obsessive-compulsive disorder.

An estimated 26% of Americans ages 18 and older -- about 1 in 4 adults -- suffers from a diagnosable mental disorder in a given year.

Many people suffer from more than one mental disorder at a given time. In particular, depressive illnesses tend to co-occur with substance abuse and anxiety disorders.

Approximately 9.5% of American adults ages 18 and over, will suffer from a depressive illness (major depression, bipolar disorder, or dysthymia) each year.

Women are nearly twice as likely to suffer from major depression than men. However, men and women are equally likely to develop bipolar disorder.
While major depression can develop at any age, the average age at onset is the mid-20s.
With bipolar disorder, which affects approximately 2.6% of Americans age 18 and older in a given year -- the average age at onset for a first manic episode is during the early 20s.

Source >>> [urltargetblank]https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/wellness-and-prevention/mental-health-disorder-statistics[/urltargetblank]

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Not sure what all the piling on is.

This is someone with a documented mental illness that went off their medications.

This isn't about someone being a dirtbag and treating women like crap.

It is someone struggling with mental illness that now clearly hurt someone near them.

For them to be a 'piece of crap' they would have to be lucid and have agency. Many indicators seem to point to this not being true.

Feel bad for him. It would suck to spend so much your life to train to get to that point of being a professional athlete, and then just lose everything because you were not diligent about your medication. (or worse, you were unable to get the medication for some reason outside your control.)

It sounds like a crappy situation for everyone involved. But the judgment and castigation seems misplaced.

If he did this on purpose? Absolutely it would be valid.

It doesn't seem like it.

Crizilla

Reaction score
If they let Tyreke Hill back in the league then i dont see why they wouldnt let him back in either

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Dez Bryant
@DezBryant
Chad wheeler if I ever run across you
We are going toe to toe because I wouldn’t mind making the news breaking something across your freakingcking head then ask you are you still alive?..

I know 1 thing the media don’t mind destroying the black athletes without the facts
10:30 AM · Jan 27, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

https://twitter.com/DezBryant/status/13 ... 8319586314

So Dez's MH has been well covered. If he actually did this, he'd go to not just jail, he'd go to state prison.

Why is Wheeler different?

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
TreeRon":37mhf68j said:
I have known several people with bi-polar and when they don't take their meds (which is too often) they are completely different and usually ugly people.

I had a boss that was like that. He'd be fine for a lot of the day but then a switch would flip and he'd just start poking at someone and keep digging. His eyes would change, a little glossy. Bizarre to behold. He stopped taking the meds after his kid was born. I told him he'd better start again because someone was going to take a swing at him eventually and/or his wife and kid were going split (she had all the money, too). But when he was flipped, he was a different person.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
FattyKnuckle":1awljym8 said:
TreeRon":1awljym8 said:
I have known several people with bi-polar and when they don't take their meds (which is too often) they are completely different and usually ugly people.

I had a boss that was like that. He'd be fine for a lot of the day but then a switch would flip and he'd just start poking at someone and keep digging. His eyes would change, a little glossy. Bizarre to behold. He stopped taking the meds after his kid was born. I told him he'd better start again because someone was going to take a swing at him eventually and/or his wife and kid were going split (she had all the money, too). But when he was flipped, he was a different person.

Chad despite his condition was able to restrain himself from say yanking the helmet off defenders or kneeing them in the balls or anything like that. He wouldn't have got to where he was in fact if he didn't adhere to the concepts that you avoid movement before the snap, even. Sure he was paid to observe them but if he truly had no control over his tendencies he wouldn't have been able to do that.

MrFINCH

Reaction score
Years from now. Remember that Chad guy that was here and went to jail for choking out a female?

Who?

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":31opdl4i said:
Dez Bryant
@DezBryant
Chad wheeler if I ever run across you
We are going toe to toe because I wouldn’t mind making the news breaking something across your freakingcking head then ask you are you still alive?..

I know 1 thing the media don’t mind destroying the black athletes without the facts
10:30 AM · Jan 27, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

https://twitter.com/DezBryant/status/13 ... 8319586314

So Dez's MH has been well covered. If he actually did this, he'd go to not just jail, he'd go to state prison.

Why is Wheeler different?

What a race baiting crock of sht post.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Who said anything about race here?

Dez is only one of a number of star players whose issues got on the field and helped get them off of it.

The difference here is that neither Dez, nor Charles Haley before him, nor Richie Incognito after him was accused of using his football body to beat up on a woman.

Have you seen the PD reports? Wheeler had three cops tackling him and he just kept going more effortlessly than Kittle with those Saints receivers hanging off of him. They tried tazing him and he couldn't even feel it. But as much rage as he had against that woman, he managed to contain it enough to not cross the LOS fractions of a second ahead of time, show up to practice every time on time after taking a covid test every time. He had "disciplline" to function at work which shows he had it period, but he just chose to unleash on his lady.