Chris Peterson resigns

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Some rumors going around that Dallas would be interested in him...

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
ivotuk":3d30zkfq said:
Not a huge CFB fan, more of a casual fan. But I love this guy and what he has brought to CFB. I'll never forget him beating Oklahoma with the Statue of Liberty by Zabransky (sp?) then one of his players proposing to his cheerleader g/f on the sideline. Great stuff.

IMH, and uneducated opinion, I think he's burned out, and like he said, needs to "recharge." Wouldn't surprise me if he stays in the advisory role, as that keeps him involved, but with less pressure, and he can be there for the Huskies, and Jimmy Lake.

I think the timing has to do with him wanting to help Jimmy Lake, the same way Pete Carroll helps his coaches advance. You've got to support them, and promote them, or else you just lose them to someone else and lose your opportunity to pass along your (Coach Peteresen's) most important asset, Integrity.

Integritry is why he was successful in recruiting. That, and caring about the young men he coaches outside of football. Saban just uses them, and uses them up. Coach Petersen prepares them for life outside of football.

One thing that I think is odd, is Danny O'Neil's take on this. "This is bad news for football, and we should be worried." I think he's reading more in to it than there is, as he seems to think that Coach Petersen is leaving strictly because of the turmoil in the NCAAF. I don't think that's it at all.

O'Neill also said "Don James just walked away," as if he was tired of coaching or something. I have no idea why he left, but I read that it was because of some of the people in charge of the football/sports program at Washington. Dunno.

I hope Chris Petersen sticks with his advisory role, and does his best to influence CFB in a positive way. Heaven knows the young men that play that game need it.

Yep. Ian Johnson threw that touchdown ball in the stands and got it back later. He was tossing it to family.

About Coach Pete. What Sports Hernia said is true...integrity. His players will do the right thing or will not be playing long. They do get strikes but not too many. Backup Quarterbacks get time when the primary goes down the wrong path. I has happened in Boise State and will happen wherever he decides to coach if he puts his hat in the ring. I would guess that he would take a scouting job as the stress level is way less and he has contacts around the country from the Boise State aspect as well as the UW aspect. That would be a great thing for Coach PC to have around. One more thing about the Dallas possibility, The Offensive Coordinator is Coach Petersens QB from Prosser Washington.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
DomeHawk":3513u8xu said:
IndyHawk":3513u8xu said:
ivotuk":3513u8xu said:
Not a huge CFB fan, more of a casual fan. But I love this guy and what he has brought to CFB. I'll never forget him beating Oklahoma with the Statue of Liberty by Zabransky (sp?) then one of his players proposing to his cheerleader g/f on the sideline. Great stuff.

IMH, and uneducated opinion, I think he's burned out, and like he said, needs to "recharge." Wouldn't surprise me if he stays in the advisory role, as that keeps him involved, but with less pressure, and he can be there for the Huskies, and Jimmy Lake.

I think the timing has to do with him wanting to help Jimmy Lake, the same way Pete Carroll helps his coaches advance. You've got to support them, and promote them, or else you just lose them to someone else and lose your opportunity to pass along your (Coach Peteresen's) most important asset, Integrity.

Integritry is why he was successful in recruiting. That, and caring about the young men he coaches outside of football. Saban just uses them, and uses them up. Coach Petersen prepares them for life outside of football.

One thing that I think is odd, is Danny O'Neil's take on this. "This is bad news for football, and we should be worried." I think he's reading more in to it than there is, as he seems to think that Coach Petersen is leaving strictly because of the turmoil in the NCAAF. I don't think that's it at all.

O'Neill also said "Don James just walked away," as if he was tired of coaching or something. I have no idea why he left, but I read that it was because of some of the people in charge of the football/sports program at Washington. Dunno.

I hope Chris Petersen sticks with his advisory role, and does his best to influence CFB in a positive way. Heaven knows the young men that play that game need it.
He was pissed because he felt they got punished harder for less
than a school like USC so he just left.
https://www.nytimes.com/1993/08/23/sports/football

Had nothing to do with USC's sanctions that came 10 yrs later. He was pissed because the ridiculous Huskies sanctions amounted to giving potential recruits fruit baskets.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/580 ... ncaas-hand
Dome..I remember clearly and I'm guessing that I am older than you.
You did not read my post right as I meant UW got punished harder
than other schools for a lot less.
I was using USC as a toss in not a comparasion as it was different
schools who have done worse but USC has been punished before PC
you can put that in the bank.
The rest of your post like the (fruit basket)and link I can agree as
I was just providing imfo on the James era that has always bothered
me in the way that happened.
They were a serious powerhouse and probaly would have won at least
another national title had James stayed.
That win at Miami ..Great times!

D

DomeHawk

IndyHawk":kle7d9lv said:
DomeHawk":kle7d9lv said:
IndyHawk":kle7d9lv said:
ivotuk":kle7d9lv said:

He was pissed because he felt they got punished harder for less
than a school like USC so he just left.
https://www.nytimes.com/1993/08/23/sports/football

Had nothing to do with USC's sanctions that came 10 yrs later. He was pissed because the ridiculous Huskies sanctions amounted to giving potential recruits fruit baskets.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/580 ... ncaas-hand
Dome..I remember clearly and I'm guessing that I am older than you.
You did not read my post right as I meant UW got punished harder
than other schools for a lot less.
I was using USC as a toss in not a comparasion as it was different
schools who have done worse but USC has been punished before PC
you can put that in the bank.
The rest of your post like the (fruit basket)and link I can agree as
I was just providing imfo on the James era that has always bothered
me in the way that happened.
They were a serious powerhouse and probaly would have won at least
another national title had James stayed.
That win at Miami ..Great times!

I was just saying that whatever happened to USC had nothing to do with James quitting because the USC stuff happened 10-years later. I am not aware of any USC sanctions around this time. Do you have a link? I don't know how old you are either but i had just left UW and so was right in the middle of it at the time. I know many of the players involved and that is why I am so adamant about this.

It was a terrible time and we were alternately broken-hearted and furious at the same time.