Chris Stapleton The Star-Spangled Banner at the Super Bowl

ZornLargentPatera

Reaction score
Whatever you thought of the fake phantom holding call against the Philadelphia Eagles at the end of the game to despoil the conclusion of the Super Bowl, at the beginning of the game everyone in the Nation will agree that it was the best rendition of The Star-Spangled Banner at the Super Bowl ever bar none!!! 😍 🇺🇸 🇺🇸 🇺🇸 🇺🇸 🇺🇸

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
A bunch of people at my Superb Owl party couldn't believe I'd never heard of the guy.

Hope everybody had the over on the anthem though. That was one of, if not, the longest rendition of the anthem I've heard.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'd put Stapleton's version behind Whitney Houston's, not for the performance. But IMO Houston's had so much emotion and patriotic feeling behind it because of 9/11 and the Gulf War, etc. Just had a heavy beautiful coming together of the country with that rendition and performance.

As far as the greatest National Anthem rendition ever? Hands down Marvin Gaye a the 1983 NBA All Star game.

How many times can you say someone singing the national anthem was orgasmic and created babies it was so amazing. Never, except for this performance.

Seahawker

Reaction score
Not familiar with Chris Stapleton?Huh.

Ann's rendition was the best.

Attachments

• 86f02bcf889d3d5a6fdbc9ba6dd37455--national-anthem-the-national.jpg
    86f02bcf889d3d5a6fdbc9ba6dd37455--national-anthem-the-national.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 3

Palmegranite

Reaction score
During the Winter Olympics opening ceremony in Vancouver 2010, someone did a similar "rendition" by singing the Canadian anthem in half-time.

Very annoying, as you are trying to sing along with your country's anthem...and it's impossible. Every line is drawn out at a painful pace.

So to Mr Stapleton, 👎 👎

Lagartixa

Reaction score
I still have no idea who (checks name in thread title) Chris Stapleton is (beyond "the fat hairy guy who sang the national anthem before the Super Bowl"), and that performance did not make me want to find out. In fact, I'm pretty sure I don't need to check out anything by that guy. Just not the kind of stuff I like. 🤷‍♂️

It seemed really dragged out and long to me, but even brief moments of country music (and the Brazilian equivalent, called "sertanejo") tend to seem to me to go on for really long times, just an example of the apparent "time dilation" that occurs when anything unpleasant is happening. Boring meetings seem to last days, while a conversation with a friend that lasts the same amount of time as one of those meetings seems to go by in a flash and leaves me wishing we had more time.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I still have no idea who (checks name in thread title) Chris Stapleton is (beyond "the fat hairy guy who sang the national anthem before the Super Bowl"), and that performance did not make me want to find out. In fact, I'm pretty sure I don't need to check out anything by that guy. Just not the kind of stuff I like. 🤷‍♂️

It seemed really dragged out and long to me, but even brief moments of country music (and the Brazilian equivalent, called "sertanejo") tend to seem to me to go on for really long times, just an example of the apparent "time dilation" that occurs when anything unpleasant is happening. Boring meetings seem to last days, while a conversation with a friend that lasts the same amount of time as one of those meetings seems to go by in a flash and leaves me wishing we had more time.
You never heard “Tennessee Whiskey“? WOW!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
You never heard “Tennessee Whiskey“? WOW!

You grossly underestimate the age of the average forum member on here. Willie Nelson would be the Mason Dixon line as to who they'd recognize in the world of country music or current relevant musical artists.