Pick #81 - G Christian Haynes

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Haynes is the type of guard that'll really, really piss off opposing defensive linemen. He's an absolute bastard.

He's kind of a better Bradford. Play strength stands out. Can sometimes get beat in pass pro when he lunges.

Has been right side only. Might be a year 1 redshirt behind Tomlinson if we want him on the left. Could also just steal Bradford's spot and force him into competition at both guard spots.

vonstout

Reaction score
I liked everything they said about him until they said he struggled against power rushers when they played better teams like Tennessee. Definite need, but Zinter may have been a better choice. Hopefully coaching and the weight room can resolve it.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I liked everything they said about him until they said he struggled against power rushers when they played better teams like Tennessee. Definite need, but Zinter may have been a better choice. Hopefully coaching and the weight room can resolve it.
Zinter here would've been pretty disappointing to me, especially given injury concerns. Haynes feels better in both caliber and profile.