Cleaning a NFL Limited Jersey

tifferradish

Reaction score
Ok, I have a wolf grey Earl Thomas jersey, and it's the limited one. I was making breakfast and some bacon grease splashed on it, I washed it immediately, and I thought I got the stain out. Well, i have a few small stains, they're faded but you can still sorta see them. Any ideas?! Dry cleaning? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Oh, and if you're gonna give me a hard time about cooking while wearing my jersey, c'mon, it's bacon.

OP
OP
tifferradish

tifferradish

Reaction score
I know, I know, but grease looks filthy on a jersey. Especially after it sets, looks dirty.

minormillikin

Reaction score
C-Dub":13f2271x said:
Never wash a jersey during a season. NEVER.

I disagree. I won't wash it after a win, but always wash it after a loss.

If you didn't wash your jersey after the Clots game, the Russ fumbles were on you.

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
tifferradish":silje6vm said:
Oh, and if you're gonna give me a hard time about cooking while wearing my jersey, c'mon, it's bacon.

Bacon is good, but you never ever ever cook the swiney delicacy with your best dress shirt on.

Idk, try pouring laundry detergent (dabs of course) directly on the stains and use a soft bristled tooth brush to work the bacon grease :3: out of it. Ancient Chinese secret :th2thumbs:

ivotuk

Reaction score
Uhh...its "an" NFL jersey...hello?

This message brought to you by spelling and grammar Nazis everywhere! :)

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I got numerous food and drinks stains all over my elite jerseys including permanent marker (from being smashed up attempting to get autographs during training camp), consider it character to your jersey :).

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
minormillikin":29io2m6o said:
C-Dub":29io2m6o said:
Never wash a jersey during a season. NEVER.

I disagree. I won't wash it after a win, but always wash it after a loss.

If you didn't wash your jersey after the Clots game, the Russ fumbles were on you.

My tradition/superstition as well.

BleedGreenNblue

Reaction score
Did the same thing. I used stain stick and laundry detergent and let it sit for a few hours. Wash in cold and hang dry. Good as new

djb28

Reaction score
Take a baby wipe. For whatever reason these things are MAGIC! Wipe the area best you can with it. then spray it with shout. Should be good. I worked as a cook for 13 years. I removed many stains this way.

Reaction score
Can't say it enought "SHOUT it out"

shoutAdvanced_L.png

I go through this stuff like crazy, and it gets almost everything out of whatever you throw at it - Have used it numerous times on jerseys. Also, as others have said, make sure you wash it in cold water.

beasthawk

Reaction score
I have not washed my jersey ever, I have one if first crop new nike "12" jersey. I cook buffalo wings EVERY game, not a stain or a stench to be smelt or seen! It won't get washed until after this season either

beasthawk

Reaction score
tifferradish":1nga5yv2 said:
Ok, I have a wolf grey Earl Thomas jersey, and it's the limited one. I was making breakfast and some bacon grease splashed on it, I washed it immediately, and I thought I got the stain out. Well, i have a few small stains, they're faded but you can still sorta see them. Any ideas?! Dry cleaning? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

For your jersey if you HAVE to wash it, do so in its own load. Grease spreads and hang dry in the cool fresh NW air...

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Rub dish soap (like regular Dawn dish soap) into it very thoroughly and just let it sit for half an hour. Then rinse it under the sink, then rub more in and let it sit soaking wet for another half hour with dish soap in it. Then do a laundry cycle.

Voila. Trust me. Just make sure you really press/rub it the dish soap in well each time.

nsport

Reaction score
Pretreat - wash cold, hang dry - or take it to the dry cleaner and be sure to tell them EXACTLY what the stains are.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I agree with Roland in this one, Dawn does get grease out of your way...but I have also done the stick rub thing for some stains and the stain leaves the building. I have one in my laundry room for just those situations. Either one should take care of the problem.