C'mon man.

Ezekiel38

Reaction score
It looked to me like a flag should have been thrown on Warner.

Also I have no sympathy after the 15 yard garbage penalty called on our center on the drive before which essentially gave RW the opportunity to go down and try to win the game. That was a weak ass call at the end of a game and should not have been called. Without that call you don't get the ball back and it's game if we execute on 3rd and 3.

Refs should have not thrown the flag on that and they should have thrown the flag on Warner.

If that call against us did not occur on the drive before and you stopped us on 3rd and 3 to get the ball back, I'd have a lot more sympathy for the non-call PI.

tifferradish

Reaction score
Ezekiel38":3b2m9d4l said:

Also I have no sympathy after the 15 yard garbage penalty called on our center on the drive before which essentially gave RW the opportunity to go down and try to win the game. That was a weak ass call at the end of a game and should not have been called. Without that call you don't get the ball back and it's game if we execute on 3rd and 3.

Refs should have not thrown the flag on that and they should have thrown the flag on Warner.

If that call against us did not occur on the drive before and you stopped us on 3rd and 3 to get the ball back, I'd have a lot more sympathy for the non-call PI.

You can’t tackle people after the play is dead. Whether or not he knew the play was over, it’s still a penalty.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Ezekiel38":d0w9jtz1 said:

What do you think was incorrect about that call?

Nah, that was the correct call on Garland. It was unfortunate for him, and not dirty or malicious; but you can't officiate intent. The play was well over, you can see the ball carrier is down, and that Lano Hill had stopped playing when Garland hits him.
You can only play to the whistle, and if one player doesn't hear it then he may find himself in trouble.

Tical21

Reaction score
If we're using a pie chart, I would blame the incompletion far more on just being a terrible attempt at a touchdown than I would on a missed PI call. If your play is "hey, go run into their best LB, and as you're making contact I'll throw you the ball", you're gonna have issues. Was it a proper PI? By the letter of the rule, definitely. Do I blame the refs and replay crew for not bailing us out and handing us a huge victory for trying to force an awful play? Not at all. That ball never should have been considered being thrown. I think the greater injustice would've been handing us a victory to reward us for that pathetic attempt. We knew what defense they were running and had three attempts to design a play to get someone open against it, and we failed miserably.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
PI is PI, regardless when it happens. Has nothing to do with the throw. They chose to ignore it, and it's that's a load of crap. Talk to Saints fans about an obvious call being ignored and it having a huge impact on the game. This flat out DID impact the game. Would have been 1st and goal at the 1. Refs should not be impacting the games like this. See a foul, call it. Interesting irony that it also impacted the Saints getting a bye.

Tical21

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1ringfyp said:
PI is PI, regardless when it happens. Has nothing to do with the throw. They chose to ignore it, and it's that's a load of crap. Talk to Saints fans about an obvious call being ignored and it having a huge impact on the game. This flat out DID impact the game. Would have been 1st and goal at the 1. Refs should not be impacting the games like this. See a foul, call it. Interesting irony that it also impacted the Saints getting a bye.
I'd argue they'd be impacting the game a lot more if they had given the game to us.

Let's talk through this. Logically, anytime a receiver is jammed at the LOS, the quarterback could throw the ball out there and get an instant PI call, no? All game long he could wait for a jam, throw the ball and get a PI. Do we agree on that?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Hey, Russ didn't get it done. He almost always does. I get that. However, PI should have been called. Nothing is going to change my opinion on that.

Tical21

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":154br69d said:
Hey, Russ didn't get it done. He almost always does. I get that. However, PI should have been called. Nothing is going to change my opinion on that.
Okay, that's fine and good, but your opinion isn't correct. Carry on.

94Smith

Reaction score
Ezekiel38":1ftz4nfk said:

It actually would have been 3rd and 7, the penalty was penalized half the distance to the goal which made it 3rd and 18...

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
My opinion isn't correct? So what you're saying is FACT, and what I say is just an opinion. Yeah, that wasn't pass interference, somehow that's a "fact"
I'm gonna' go ahead and trust the opinion of a HOF coach and former player over a fan every day of the week. It was PI, and anyone with eyes can see that it was.
I thought we were over this......oh well. Go Hawks

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Tical21":2rse227t said:
SoulfishHawk":2rse227t said:
I'd argue they'd be impacting the game a lot more if they had given the game to us.

Let's talk through this. Logically, anytime a receiver is jammed at the LOS, the quarterback could throw the ball out there and get an instant PI call, no? All game long he could wait for a jam, throw the ball and get a PI. Do we agree on that?
DBs still allowed a 5 yd contact zone. Good effort tho man

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Opinion, not FACT. Geezus man, it's like clapping with one hand sometimes.
But a fan saying something is a FACT can be taken a lot more seriously than Tony fricken Dungy. :?
You are not allowed to HUG A PLAYER when the ball is in the air.

Tical21

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2t2k3h1h said:
Tical21":2t2k3h1h said:
SoulfishHawk":2t2k3h1h said:

DBs still allowed a 5 yd contact zone. Good effort tho man
Not if the ball is in the air.

Tical21

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":34jx5i7x said:
Opinion, not FACT. Geezus man, it's like clapping with one hand sometimes.
But a fan saying something is a FACT can be taken a lot more seriously than Tony fricken Dungy. :?
You are not allowed to HUG A PLAYER when the ball is in the air.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Sounds good. Go Hawks. Have a great weekend everyone. Hopefully we are talking about another Playoff Win :irishdrinkers:

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
Tical21":2koove1n said:
SoulfishHawk":2koove1n said:

Do you know anything about football? Serious question. You are aware that contact is legal within 5 yards of the LOS right? If you do know, you're just being disingenuous. If you don't know, you should probably avoid making assumptions about such things until you brush up on the rules.