Coach DeBoer named Pac-12 Coach of the year

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score

Good stuff. And hopefully the awards keep rolling in. More importantly, a title. My god what a hire this guy has been.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Congrats to DeBoer, he certainly deserves it after taking over where Jimmy Lake had left this team.

I hope they can keep DeBoer (and his supporting staff) for a long time. I wasn't sure if it was the right move not grabbing a "big name coach" after they fired Lake because I thought that's what would drive recruiting to be able to compete with the big boys. I was completely wrong in thinking that, because despite not having a top 5 recruiting class DeBoer and his innovative offense just wins games, and that drives recruiting all the more!

The other thing is that I've heard a few people talk about their philosophy on recruiting and I think they really get it and are ahead of other schools in their understanding of recruiting in this transfer portal era. It's not all about how many 5 star guys you get out of HS anymore... They get that, and they are approaching it in a way that's going to make them a powerhouse for years to come if they keep it up!

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
Congrats to DeBoer, he certainly deserves it after taking over where Jimmy Lake had left this team.

I hope they can keep DeBoer (and his supporting staff) for a long time. I wasn't sure if it was the right move not grabbing a "big name coach" after they fired Lake because I thought that's what would drive recruiting to be able to compete with the big boys. I was completely wrong in thinking that, because despite not having a top 5 recruiting class DeBoer and his innovative offense just wins games, and that drives recruiting all the more!

The other thing is that I've heard a few people talk about their philosophy on recruiting and I think they really get it and are ahead of other schools in their understanding of recruiting in this transfer portal era. It's not all about how many 5 star guys you get out of HS anymore... They get that, and they are approaching it in a way that's going to make them a powerhouse for years to come if they keep it up!
To paraphrase Field of Dreams, "If you win, they will come."

Deboer surely knows how to win, as proven by his 103-11 record as a HC, granted most of those came at a small university (Sioux Falls). His offense at Fresno State was a thing of beauty, he clearly deserved a HC position at a P5 program. If Deboer consistently keeps Washington a top 10 program (and I believe he will) it will be no time before his name is as big a draw as someone like Harbaugh.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
No!!!!

He either winds up being a good coach for Seattle leaving UW without a good coach, or he winds up being a bad coach for Seattle leaving UW without a good college coach.

There's no gain for people like me who are husky and Seahawks fans.
This.

The Pete Carroll sucks fanclub needs to stay away from Kalen and UW.

cymatica

Reaction score
No!!!!

He either winds up being a good coach for Seattle leaving UW without a good coach, or he winds up being a bad coach for Seattle leaving UW without a good college coach.

There's no gain for people like me who are husky and Seahawks fans.
I get it, but in this hypothetical Pete is still here another year or two and DeBoer might have other NFL teams offering jobs.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
If I'm being fair, if Seattle is willing to hire him and Kalen is wanting in the NFL, then some other NFL team would hire him anyway. I just hope Kalen is content where he is.

Edit: I don't know why this got posted again. It certainly wasn't worth repeating. I blame technology.

Last edited: